James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been dealing with a problem for a while and I thinki have a possible fix. I wanted to share and test my theory with others in the same boat.

I have a Pixel 4a, Galaxy Watch and use Android Auto in my Bronco. Fairly often, my phone calls will not have audio through the vehicle speakers, instead routing through my watch or the handset even though I'm still connected via Bluetooth for music and such.

It's not my Bronco. The same thing happens in my Mustang and also a Dodge Durango at work. So it's not a Ford thing either.

I suspected the problem was my watch, so I turned off the phone call setting for my watch in the Bluetooth settings in my Bronco. It has been over a month and I have not had one problem with a phone call since I've done that.

So I'm pretty sure the problem is with my watch. I have a similar post on Reddit and the guy over there has a pebble watch and the same problem, so I don't think it's a Samsung issue either. I don't know if the problem is with Bluetooth itself or what.

I used to have an app called Tasker years ago that I could do IF THEN commands. It's changed somewhat and I can't figure it out. Maybe somebody can help. What I would like to do is do an if then command where if my cell phone connects to my Bronco via Bluetooth then it turns off my Galaxy watch Bluetooth for phone calls. I think if I can get this to be automated then I can leave on the phone call settings for all other times and have it turn off for when I'm in the car.

Anyone have any ideas? Anybody with this problem can you test this fix? Hopefully at some point the Bluetooth communication will be fixed but for now eliminating the watch from the phone call Bluetooth settings seems to have done the trick.
Sponsored