Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, you are. The MIC is just a cheaper top in every way. The modular top, in addition to having the removable windows, is made from sheet molded compound. It'll be more similar to fiberglass. Much more rigid and sturdy. Potentially better at sound deadening and insulation. So, if all you care about is the color sure paint the MIC. If you're wanting a better quality, superior top you're going to have to wait for the modular.
They're made with the same materials and same process. Difference is the outer layer of the modular is SMC and the outer layer of the MIC is a thinner thermoplastic.
Sponsored

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hard to say with the bronco, but for a Wrangler, anything is an improvement. Not only for sound, but also temperature control. On hot days, the AC can't keep up, and the reverse for cold days.
That's all I needed to hear. I live in the LA area, so we get up over 90 and 100 pretty often. Thanks.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I thought there was an option on Outer Banks to have a painted top to match the body color?
Was - being the operative word there. Since it was an option in the OB - they just removed the option...since it was standard on WT and FE they emailed us and told us to expect it late and that if we wanted on time delivery we would have to get MIC top.

Sponsored

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the MIC top makes it look more like an offroad vehicle and the shadow black is more "flex-y"...who know, i could see it in person one day and want to get one. I'm happy with MIC for now anyways

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On the topic of hard tops, does anyone familiar with modular tops know how big of a difference the sound deadening addition makes?
I've watched some YouTube videos on the sound deadening on Jeeps and they say the difference is very noticeable, not to mention much less heat gain.

littlepope

First Edition
First Name
Pope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hopefully not a silly question, but does anyone know if the headliner is separate from the top? If I decided to take the MIC top now and upgrade in the future can I reuse the headliner?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hopefully not a silly question, but does anyone know if the headliner is separate from the top? If I decided to take the MIC top now and upgrade in the future can I reuse the headliner?
The headliner comes in a kit. Should be similar to what Jeep has. Looks like it might be hard to remove once installed.

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wondering if you will be able take receipt of the bronco then add the painted top later at the same price point.
I’m out on the WT interior, so I’m thinking BL Spec’d like a WT, with soft top, then purchase a modular when they come out. ??‍♂

Sponsored

TurboS957

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m out on the WT interior, so I’m thinking BL Spec’d like a WT, with soft top, then purchase a modular when they come out. ??‍♂
Agreed, disappointed they couldn't offer just a all black interior. Between interior and late availability of black or better yet a color matched hardtop I'm having to rethink on WildTrak or even a Bronco. F150 Raptor is looking better.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys most likely will want the Hotheads liner anyways vs the OEM version. At least that's the case with Jeep.

ctel23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is it just me or does there seem to be a lack of frustration/anger/disappointed that black painted and color painted tops will not be available at launch? Especially since the black painted top was to be standard on a couple of the model offerings. I recall thread after thread of people discussing how badly they hated the MIC tops, etc. It would seem to me that this is a huge curveball.
Has everyone chosen to settle at this point?

Last edited:

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it just me or does there seem to be a lack of frustration/anger/disappointed that black painted and color painted tops will not be available at launch? Especially since the black painted top was to be standard on a couple of the model offerings. I recall thread after thread of people discussing how badly they hated the MIC tops, etc. It would seem to me that this is a huge curveball.
There were at least 7 threads started when we first got the news. They've all been merged, but aside from that, comments about the tops are all over the forum, whether the thread is related or not

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Shirley, you can't be serious? :unsure: There are multiple threads going on about this disaster.
Sponsored