Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Late Availability
And both made by Webasto.

Point is you'd think that somebody would've found a better supplier.

If they couldn't keep up with FCA pre-covid, what kind of genius would think they could keep up with FCA AND Ford post-covid?

Can't wait to build a doghouse out of my MIC top and put a best top softie on.
Sponsored

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can we still hold on to our reservation while waiting for the painted tops ???
I really hope so this launch been a roller coaster for us all .

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone know if the modular hardtop comes with sound deadener or is it also a option for the modular top also?

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The way I see it, the new management team at Ford may have decided that in the interest of a speedy delivery they would standardize as much of the production as they can. These guys are literally sitting on about 200,000 reservations and do not know how they will deliver it.

I get it because honestly people have been waiting for this for a long time and maybe we give up a little bit of our preferences that can be updated later in exchange for early delivery and then as soon our favorite items -black or white painted tops -come out we can switch. That's what I am going to do. Maybe Ford can offer incentives for the exchanges when time comes. That said, I agree, the grey molded in tops look dreadful on some of the colors and Ford needs to work on product rollout; they are not Apple, i get it, but they can do better than this.

Last edited:

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Can we still hold on to our reservation while waiting for the painted tops ???
I really hope so this launch been a roller coaster for us all .
I was thinking the same thing. Ford can keep the $1895, I'd much rather have the Black modular Hard top. With Jeep they let us keep are place in line and as the color match tops became avaiable they would fill orders first to last. Lets hope it's the same scenario with Ford. But as I'm learning with Ford Motor Company, something so simple can become very difficult if not impossible.

Sponsored

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was thinking the same thing. Ford can keep the $1895, I'd much rather have the Black modular Hard top. With Jeep they let us keep are place in line and as the color match tops became avaiable they would fill orders first to last. Lets hope it's the same scenario with Ford. But as I'm learning with Ford Motor Company, something so simple can become very difficult if not impossible.

Can’t believe Ford is doing this to us

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But as I'm learning with Ford, something so simple can become very difficult if not impossible.
Keep in mind.....Ford has been in the financial gutter quite awhile. Middle & senior management typically earns half+ of their salaries through stock options. When that dries up, folks leave...plus you get snubbed by superstar recruits.

Ford just doesn't have the horses. Did you see the BN video????

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The way I see it, the new management team at Ford may have decided that in the interest of a speedy delivery they would standardize as much of the production as they can. These guys are literally sitting on about 200,000 reservations and do not know how they will deliver it.

I get it because honestly people have been waiting for this for a long time and maybe we give up a little bit of our preferences that can be updated later in exchange for early delivery and then as soon our favorite items -black or white painted tops -come out we can switch. That's what I am going to do. Maybe Ford can offer incentives for the exchanges when time comes. That said, I agree, the grey molded in tops look dreadful on some of the colors and Ford needs to work on product rollout; they are not Apple, it get it, but they can do better than this.
I agree they need to up production. But the more I see pics on the gray top the more I dislike it. Plus I was really excited about the rear windows coming off. If I'm going to spend over $60k on a Bronco I think it would be worth waiting for the Top that was promised, even it takes months to get. Heck I've been waiting for the new Bronco for years whats another 3 to 6 months.

Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability e9e113e73791d8f6285eb3d5cb3ca456

Heymking

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve skimmed through the pages and didn’t see any concrete talk of it so please go easy on me ?
BUT, I see discussion on the grey MIC, and *painted* black coming later. But I’m not seeing any info on just a black MIC hard top.. which is what I’d assume is like what’s on a Wrangler?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve skimmed through the pages and didn’t see any concrete talk of it so please go easy on me ?
BUT, I see discussion on the grey MIC, and *painted* black coming later. But I’m not seeing any info on just a black MIC hard top.. which is what I’d assume is like what’s on a Wrangler?
What black MIC top?

Sponsored

Heymking

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
What black MIC top?
That’s what im asking about. I think it’s weird that the standard color isn’t MIC black. Does anyone know if there’s talk of one coming? Or are the only options for the foreseeable future grey and painted black?

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys...is this the MIC carbonized grey top or a prototype top? If this is the MIC carbonized grey...I feel it looks perfectly fine...

Another thing. Is the PAINTED black modular hard top only high gloss? So if I don't want a high gloss black (the one they are making late avail) are my only options

1) Black cloth (plan to get anyway)
2) MIC carbonized grey

i.e. there's no MIC Black or Shadow black top?

Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability 1603552749489

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol. exactly what I'm asking.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s what im asking about. I think it’s weird that the standard color isn’t MIC black. Does anyone know if there’s talk of one coming? Or are the only options for the foreseeable future grey and painted black?
lol. exactly what I'm asking.
There is no black MIC. The MIC is the dark “carbonized gray.”

If you want a Black top, or any other color, you have to get the modular top.

There has been speculation about why the MIC is gray and not black... will it fade less than black and look better longer? Does it go with more colors? Is it to match the fenders, handles and mirrors? Is it to push people to the modular? Is it a materials science thing?

No one has shared the answer.
Sponsored

Last edited: