Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Clubs

FFS

This seems like a pretty basic thing to have to delay for.

It really is. That’s why so many are upset about this decision. It would be different if the manufacturer had issues and it wasn’t Ford’s fault. because you know, stuff happens. Can’t be mad at that.

Advertisement

Pittguy

First Name
mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 cobra. F250
MIC interior ceiling color brownish as view from rotating interior pics on BNP

FellowM3

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mk3 Focus RS, 2020 BMW M340
Cant read all 65 pages. Is there any estimation on how long the delay is?

Also, is it confirmed that the modular black top is much heavier? I care most about the reduced road noise etc.

If the modular top is the same weight / insulation as the molded, then I dont mind molded. But if the modular is a much better quality (albeit more prone to scratches), id wait if its a few months.

FellowM3

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mk3 Focus RS, 2020 BMW M340
who cares? Just make the MIC top black. I don’t care the reasons why they have one top...at least make that one MIC top something people want.

I’m literally selling my car now because I want a Bronco. However, with this MIC news, and the chance of having more interior choices for my22. I may cancel my reservation and wait. And I never thought I’d be saying that...I’ve been ready to buy from the start.
Im on the same exact page. Sold my RS in prep for the bronco last week. Was ready to buy from day 1. Now the 2 major things holding me are: Modular top, and the seats.

Ill be hella pissed if they offer roast seats for MY 22.

I feel like I am going to end up waiting. I really don't want to give up a day 1 reservation.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Im on the same exact page. Sold my RS in prep for the bronco last week. Was ready to buy from day 1. Now the 2 major things holding me are: Modular top, and the seats.

Ill be hella pissed if they offer roast seats for MY 22.

I feel like I am going to end up waiting. I really don't want to give up a day 1 reservation.
Yup. Not sure what to do here.

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Clubs

The more pictures I look at closely the more critical of Ford I get. In a recent photo uploaded to this site I counted 5 shades of gray - Bumper, fenders, mirror, MIC top and B pillar. I'm ignoring the tires.

1603910534564.png

Now looking at the soft top, the side and rear windows look awful in every picture I've seen. Take the one below for example. The wrinkling is something I've seen on Wranglers, that are 4+ years old. If this is how they're going to be at delivery there are going to be a lot of unhappy owners.

1603910651634.png

I'm probably being picky but if I'm going to be spending around $50,000 or more on a vehicle I want it to look like it wasn't made from spare parts. I want to LOVE the next vehicle I buy and Ford is making it tough. Ha! Ford Tough.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 1987 Jeep YJ, 2019 Beta 300RR
Clubs

Who knows how shadows/lighting/etc are impacting these pictures. Might as well start complaint that Cactus Gray looks different in every picture because it does.

Once those soft tops get out in the sun, they stretch and even out. There are tension adjustments to take up the slack. It’s incredible how much that fabric changes dimensions with temperature. Any new soft top looks like that right when you take it out of the box.

beachman101

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crv
Clubs

honestly its cool that the tops are coming pre faded from the factory

however i bet money they couldnt release these tops black because of threats from FCA

its good to be different

ford should have launched with white tops though

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
I don’t know about the MIC top yet. Every single picture we’ve seen of it outside has looked significantly better than these weird factory ceiling lights. Additionally, most people on the forum that have seen it in person outside, report that it looks better in person.

I’m fairly confident that the MIC top will be almost as dark as we all wish other than when you pull it in a garage or carport under white light.

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Clubs

Who knows how shadows/lighting/etc are impacting these pictures. Might as well start complaint that Cactus Gray looks different in every picture because it does.

Once those soft tops get out in the sun, they stretch and even out. There are tension adjustments to take up the slack. It’s incredible how much that fabric changes dimensions with temperature. Any new soft top looks like that right when you take it out of the box.
I don't know. Every photo I've seen it looks as though the colors aren't matching.

I get that some people are saying this is just another complaint thread but seriously, would you be happy with all these different colors? If the blue on the hood was different than the blue on the doors would you be happy?

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
ohh good grief, another thread of people complaining. Go buy the new Blazer.

download.jpg
Complaining about complaints on the internet, no less. How meta! 😈🦄🦄🦄

JK

Advertisement

Advertisement