First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru forester
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
as you can imagine my color choices are different. i like the antimatter blue ( i see blue) and i like carbonized gray.

but what does MIC (molded in color) actually mean. what color is it ?

found it online, carbonized grey, still dont really know what that means

would it be ok with carbonized grey or antimatter blue vehicle
Sponsored

Streetbob08

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Harley.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For lack of a better term the coloring agent is mixing into the material that the roof is made with. The tops so far are Carbonized Grey or Painted black, (late availability). The Carbonized top appears to be a little bit lighter than the Carbonized grey paint. Take a look at the pic of the Carbonized grey Badlands on here to see what I mean.

loginhere

Big Bend
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru forester
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
part of my post didnt make it

i'm color blind... so i cant easily tell if the carbonized greys are different
i cant tell if it goes decently well with a antimatter blue vehicle or carbonized grey vehicle

would it be ok with either ?

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
as you can imagine my color choices are different. i like the antimatter blue ( i see blue) and i like carbonized gray.

but what does MIC (molded in color) actually mean. what color is it ?

found it online, carbonized grey, still dont really know what that means

would it be ok with carbonized grey or antimatter blue vehicle
It looks like a flat (non-shiny) carbonized gray. If that's what you were asking? Looks fine with AMB or carbonized gray paint.

And uh...did anyone tell you about the accent stitching? Hope you're not picky.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Cant read all 65 pages. Is there any estimation on how long the delay is?

Also, is it confirmed that the modular black top is much heavier? I care most about the reduced road noise etc.

If the modular top is the same weight / insulation as the molded, then I dont mind molded. But if the modular is a much better quality (albeit more prone to scratches), id wait if its a few months.
Great question, but didn't see the answers in the 66 pages. It would definitely help my decision on hard tops to know how late , late availability really is. From a Wrangler owners perspective, it would be worth waiting for the black top if in fact it would provide for a quieter cabin.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For lack of a better term the coloring agent is mixing into the material that the roof is made with. The tops so far are Carbonized Grey or Painted black, (late availability). The Carbonized top appears to be a little bit lighter than the Carbonized grey paint. Take a look at the pic of the Carbonized grey Badlands on here to see what I mean.
Looks good, but would love to see this rig out in the natural light.
Carbonized Gray Bronco Badlands 2 Door.jpg

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems like a "bait and switch" after all the ads featuring body color tops (same goes for interior choices). Ford should extend deadlines for those reservation holders who, based on all the ads, expected the body color top to be an option when placing our orders. This effectively requires us to purchase 2 tops (one we don't even want). How about letting us switch out MIC top for the body color top at no extra cost when they become available? MIC top is a deal breaker for me. Also, isn't this something they could have foreseen and planned for? Not the best roll out.
Why can’t the color they mold in be black instead of gray? Oh, because then you wouldn’t pay $1800 to get a shinier top that was also black. Got it.
Wow .. I was going to switch to BD, due to WT having terrible interior and let down of the painted top. However reading this only painted tops can be late availability for FE &WT ? All other trims wanting a black top will be MY22 ?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does anyone know what month the Bronco converts from my2021 to my2022?
I'm guessing the late avaiability black top will be a month or two before the model year conversion. Hypothetically if Ford is trying to up production by using only the Gray MIC then it makes sense for them to wait to the very end of 2021 to add the black top to production and roll into to MY2022 offering both black and gray tops. Also guessing but once my2022 kicks off with both black and gray tops in the production line, they throw another curve ball and anounce white tops will be a late availability for 2022 as to keep production up with only using black & grey tops. All of the above is just my educated guess so don't shoot messenger if it's correct.
Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability tenor (9)

Last edited:

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow .. I was going to switch to BD, due to WT having terrible interior and let down of the painted top. However reading this only painted tops can be late availability for FE &WT ? All other trims wanting a black top will be MY22 ?
There are two ways to read Fords announcement. One is that the modular will be available late for FE and Wildtrack. The second is that modular will be late for those and any others that order it. Since the modular was suppose to be standard on the wildtrack and FE, the announcement makes sense but does not necessarily preclude it as a late delivery option for other models. I’m waiting for clarification so I can decide how to order and whether I go with y early or late reservation.

Sponsored

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are two ways to read Fords announcement. One is that the modular will be available late for FE and Wildtrack. The second is that modular will be late for those and any others that order it. Since the modular was suppose to be standard on the wildtrack and FE, the announcement makes sense but does not necessarily preclude it as a late delivery option for other models. I’m waiting for clarification so I can decide how to order and whether I go with y early or late reservation.
Yes we are on the same page ... hope it's not to be disclosed when ordering only cause that will upset alot of people ...

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has Ford already lowered the Wildtrak and FE MRSP on the build and price site ? I was comparing some old build sheets and it doesn't look like it was lowered $1895 for the black mod top.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im on the same exact page. Sold my RS in prep for the bronco last week. Was ready to buy from day 1. Now the 2 major things holding me are: Modular top, and the seats.

Ill be hella pissed if they offer roast seats for MY 22.

I feel like I am going to end up waiting. I really don't want to give up a day 1 reservation.
Thats why some people have 2-3 reservations. Order an early MY21 (in hopes that Ford had their crap together by order time but not the case thus far), 2nd reservation mid Oct (hoping that Ford would have their crap together by time for its production and possibility it could slip to a MY22) & a third Late Oct (in hopes it gets pushed to MY22 and Ford will finally have their crap together by then).

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has Ford already lowered the Wildtrak and FE MRSP on the build and price site ? I was comparing some old build sheets and it doesn't look like it was lowered $1895 for the black mod top.
Build and price subtracts the top but includes the destination charge, I think.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep they have taken the $1895 off MSRP for the WT...
Sponsored