Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What. The. Hell.

What is Fords problem. This may be the end of my reservation. An unpainted textured plastic roof is unacceptable on a $60,000 rig.
Yeah, it does not match the fender flares either. I've seen it in person and asked if that was the final color or not since it was a different color. They told me that was the final version but said you could get the black or body color top. Apparently they weren't in the know.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's actually a bigger price reduction than you would expect...as they lowered the price of the truck the projected $1900 for the Modular HT, but didn't add in the $700 expected price of the MIC. That's a win.

Spudly

First Edition
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Gladiator Overland, RX350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Someone else can have my preorder spot. Coming from a marketer, this is such a junior varsity launch it’s embarrassing. @Ford has screwed the pooch... fully.

As others have said, wtf am I supposed to do? CO gets pretty damn cold and I wanted to take this up for some backcountry ski trips.

Wanted grey with black top. It’d be my first Ford ever, generally a Lexus, Toyota, BMW, Acura buyer, but I don’t think they’ll ever get my money now.

I’ll just buy a land cruiser 300 series and have it shipped here

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have we even seen a picture of the colored hardtop?

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah, it does not match the fender flares either. I've seen it in person and asked if that was the final color or not since it was a different color. They told me that was the final version but said you could get the black or body color top. Apparently they weren't in the know.
I've been totally indifferent to the MIC roof woes this entire time as the painted top was always an option. Taking that away from us now is insane.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is new "official" news but it's not new news at all. It's been posted here many times that this was likely.

At least they have given the option....otherwise they would need to fully delay the FE and the WT.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone else can have my preorder spot. Coming from a marketer, this is such a junior varsity launch it’s embarrassing. @Ford has screwed the pooch... fully.

As others have said, wtf am I supposed to do? CO gets pretty damn cold and I wanted to take this up for some backcountry ski trips.

Wanted grey with black top. It’d be my first Ford ever, generally a Lexus, Toyota, BMW, Acura buyer, but I don’t think they’ll ever get my money now.

I’ll just buy a land cruiser 300 series and have it shipped here
You should 100% give up your spot.

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's to hoping enough people cancel their orders that I will get bumped up in line and date lol. I promise it's not personal. Muahahahaha!
Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability EssentialCelebratedAnemoneshrimp-size_restricted

Last edited:

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how late is late availability lol this could give me more time to save for sasquatch

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am assuming that even though the email calls out those two trims, the top wont be immediately available as an option on OBX? They just felt obligated to notify Wildtrak and FE guys since the base price was inclusive of the mod top as standard

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

THANK YOU!!!.gif (because i couldn't find it lol)
Sponsored