Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Now I may be even more confused and question whether the rearview mirrors and fenders and the rest of the body panels will be the same color as MIC top the only available top with the initial release of Wildtrak? Assuming if we hold out for the matching top it will definitely push it into 2022 for delivery? Warthog is looking better every day.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand the complaints about this, but I’m an FE reservation holder and what it means to me is they’re lining up to have mine built early. If you look at Bronco Sport forum, the FE people seem to be getting their VINs first. So yes, I have less customization, but I’m happy that it at least appears I’ll be early in production and honestly don’t mind what top I get. The beauty of these is that you take the top off as much as possible! Trying to use that slogan with my wife as well, but not working!
Interesting. So do I stick with my FE reservation and get it early or switch to Badlands due to the ugly FE interior and wait? Decisions, decisions. I wanted one of the blue exterior colors but might now switch to Area 51 instead. It looked pretty good in person with the grey top.

StaticAnalysis

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this true? Is it durable? I thought the MIC top would have to be sanded down to be painted.
When you plastidip a wheel it lasts about a year, a whole car probably maybe about 3 years.

Sponsored

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I can't help but feel bad for the poor soul who is currently winning the St. Judes auction for a FE that thinks he/she will be receiving a Bronco that looks like the one in the picture. I'm already pissed - but if I had bid $135K prior to knowing about this, I would be seriously pissed.

However I do realize the main purpose of that auction is to raise funds for sick kids - and that's AWESOME!

https://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/2117600
Hmmm.... No wonder they show it with the top off... :unsure:

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Great Photos of that MIC :LOL: ? in a few years.

watermark.jpg
Shiiiiiiiiit a few months in Hawai'i ! Thats why I want all my plastic painted, wheel wells, top, etc so it don't look like a Honda Element or Chevy Avalanche.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you mean looks like shit you'll never be able to tell the difference it looks exactly the same.
Tell the difference between what?

The black painted top looks 1000x better than the grey abomination.

If you plastidip the grey mess it will at least be the correct color for the rest of the vehicle, but it won't look nearly as nice as the painted one.

Sponsored

Deleted member 2346

You guy's bitching at Ford are off target, should be directing your ire at the company that was supposed to deliver the tops, and obviously dropped the ball.
If the letter is true to word, FORD is making the change so 1.They don’t have to paint any tops (speed) and 2. Every hardtop is the same (speed). Not because of parts shortages.

StaticAnalysis

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tell the difference between what?

The black painted top looks 1000x better than the grey abomination.

If you plastidip the grey mess it will at least be the correct color for the rest of the vehicle, but it won't look nearly as nice as the painted one.
Exactly the same as a white or black molded in color, not a black gloss paint.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait so only wildtrak & FE have to wait?? Or everyone does?
Good question, they could drop it as an option on the others (or not). B&P will tell. The other issue is what grill and mirrors they will put on them - probably carbonized like BL to match top instead of black paint?

If I had known that I could get the MIC top on a FE, I would have reserved one. The only thing I didn't like was the shiny top (scuff/scratch/dirt magnet).
Sponsored