First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can MIC be painted (at least the exterior) by a body shop for the $1,895 (or less) drop in msrp?
Paint would require some special prep work but from seeing the texture in person , I would bet that it will take dye pretty easily . People getting up in arms over nothing . I think most must be in that time of month . :)
Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability 1603404197471

Going back to the survey, it was $1,900 to upgrade to the modular black painted hard top. That was from the fabric top, so I guess they’re throwing in the MIC top without the $700 charge for other 4 doors in the survey.

To get the painted top and the fabric top it was $3,700 so that probably means it will be $3,700 to buy it later when it comes available like some people are proposing.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The only issue i can think of is the added thickness and seals where they match up
MIC top is textured plastic, vinyl wrap is essentially a big sticker, and a sticker won’t stick to textured plastic.

Sponsored

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What does "Your reservation* time stamp will continue to be honored.", if you opt to wait for availability?
It means your timestamp will be honored if you choose late availability options along with other people. So, if your timestamp is before 1000 others who are in the late availability group, you would be first.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, well, well let down #1,200 from Ford! I'm guessing shit has hit the fan in these 33 pages I'm getting ready to read though!!
Its like a soap opera, you can pretty much pick up anywhere and be current....

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

More confirmed details on this from BN.

Screenshot_20201022-181130_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201022-181144_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201022-181156_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201022-181207_Chrome.jpg

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I made a new thread with this question... as I am interested to know if anyone else is changing their color because of the MIC top.
The silver Bronco with the gray top in your pic doesn't look too bad. But this is what the gray top looks like in person. It's lighter in person than it is in Ford's colorizer pics. I'm not sure what color body would look good with this color top.
Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 5.12.53 PM

Sponsored

RockSolid2021

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It sounds to me like they are refunding the full purchase price. Therefor you could buy it at the end of the year. And then sell the MIC top it came with to a Badlands owner.
There's no way to tell at this point but a couple grand seems low for the painted modular top. The couple grand is for the upgrade from MIC to painted. Maybe they will, but I doubt they will sell it to us later for just a couple grand. I bet it's going to be closer to 3-4K. This change does truly suck!

cflogo10

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First it was 2 door available with matching body color or the black modular top. Then it was nobodycolor. Then it was no white top.then it was no modular top. So am ito understand that the first edition will look like the base model with the Sasquatch package. Isn’t that special.
To be honest I am totally confused and have no idea what the options are other than there are no options, just the grey looking hard top which is a step down to me. I also do not understand why everyone saying they will switch to a Badlands with a Sasquatch package as a better alternative..

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man the blows just keep on coming. Sorry for your loss mod top guys. Hopefully Ford will do the right thing and sell you a mod top for $1900 when they are available, seeing as though they're taking $1900 off now.