Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what the aftermarket is for, literally every Jeep is a carbon copy until you make it unique with the thousands of options. Why would Ford be any different in this reguard its not cost effective to offer endless options to make everyone happy. The issue here will be Jeep has had years of aftermarket support how long will it take companies to close the gap so you can customize your dream ride.
And.... Ford announces tonight that the white top and accents will be available for 22 models. I'm 50/50 right now on whether to cancel this year and sign up for Grangers 2022 Oct special. I know I can use the aftermarket to make my Bronco just the way I want. But at what cost? An extra $6-$7k on a vehicle I paid $50k for? Or I wait a year and get it exactly how I want. Ford screwed this from the get go... why release pre-production pics of Broncos with white tops, white grills, and white interiors if you cant actually build your Bronco that way?!!!!
Sponsored

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford lowered the price of the First Edition and Wildtrak by $1895 but in their dealer notes admits the price to order later will be higher. Seems reservation holders should get a guaranteed “IOU” on Modular painted top to order, ship, install and warranty the top for $1895.

Such BS.

D1A2F935-A2C1-47B1-A991-FC535800993A.jpeg

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

And.... Ford announces tonight that the white top and accents will be available for 22 models. I'm 50/50 right now on whether to cancel this year and sign up for Grangers 2022 Oct special. I know I can use the aftermarket to make my Bronco just the way I want. But at what cost? An extra $6-$7k on a vehicle I paid $50k for? Or I wait a year and get it exactly how I want. Ford screwed this from the get go... why release pre-production pics of Broncos with white tops, white grills, and white interiors if you cant actually build your Bronco that way?!!!!
I signed up for a second reservation tonight. But I’m going to keep my 2021 res until at least December and make a decision then as to whether I want to go 2021 or 2022. I think the situation will be clearer in a couple of months as to which direction to take.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not cool. But it makes sense, logically. Shipping a full top ain't cheap

Sponsored

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why don't they give me a soft top, let me take delivery, and ship the Black Modular to the dealer when its ready? I mean, if we're picking these up in June.... there's several months where I would be using a soft top anyway <shrug>

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford lowered the price of the First Edition and Wildtrak by $1895 but in their dealer notes admits the price to order later will be higher. Seems reservation holders should get a guaranteed “IOU” on Modular painted top to order, ship, install and warranty the top for $1895.

Such BS.

Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability D1A2F935-A2C1-47B1-A991-FC535800993A
Geezus.... they explained why. Ford just put all of their card on the table. Its likely to delay production and shipping/handling it separately will cost more.

They haven't taken anything away from you...

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm a MIC top guy but that modular top news is miserable! During the MY22 year. Ouch.

Absolomb

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly if you’ve already decided on a 2.3 manual with Sasquatch “late availability/delivery” with anything should be considered baby shit at this point ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sponsored

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But I don't want their soft top! Best top will have one much better! So now you're stuck with a top you don't want, waiting for one or two you do!

I can only imagine what shipping and handling would be on the modular hard top. I would guess somewhere north of $500....