First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Newest announcement: All Broncos will have a 2" hole punched in the quarter panel, due to availability issues with quarter panel formers that don't punch holes in panels.

---

But seriously, if you have to give us the MIC top.... at least make it as dark as possible. Stop being stingy with the pigment. I understand most the photos look grey because it's a ton of overhead LED lights on a textured surface, but still.

---

I'm mostly upset that I'll fall asleep within 30 minutes of B&P launching. Today was a rain day and everyone but me left early. Why couldn't tomorrow have been the rain day? We'll be working Saturday and likely Sunday to make up for today. I'll be completely out of the loop on what you all discover in Build-and-Price....

...that is, unless they make 30 more announcements and buying a Bronco becomes like a Scion -- "2 door or 4 door, what color exterior?"
Sponsored

Last edited:

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Geezus.... they explained why. Ford just put all of their card on the table. Its likely to delay production and shipping/handling it separately will cost more.

They haven't taken anything away from you...

We’re already paying $1495 for shipping on the vehicle that would have included the Modular top, now we have to pay more shipping on an item Ford and their supply chain screwed up?

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I read 22 pages of this thread and I'm exhausted. I just hope Ford gets their crap together on color matching all the plastic trim. All the ones I've seen so far look like something Yugo would have made.

I'll wait for more details. I'm glad I have a few reservations. I might take a basesquatch or badsquatch now and opt for a FE with painted modular top when it becomes available. I wonder if the painted modular top will still be $1900 less if we opt to wait for it.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not being able to order the modular hard top is upsetting, they 100% should have a discount for 2021 Bronco owners.
Typically when you can’t deliver the customer’s order on time you offer some form of compensation like a discount. It airs that Ford thinks a surcharge is more appropriate. ????

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Flat black Rhinoliner truck bed coating for the roof. Bet it will stick to anything, and you only get the outside done. Also bet it couldn't be more than $500 for the 2 door

Sponsored

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wonder how many folks got fired at the metal hardtop supplier?

RockSkipper

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Crew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So you want a hole in your roof?

You cant handle a hole in your roof!!!

Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability 1603422245506
Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability 1603422286692

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wonder how many folks got fired at the metal hardtop supplier?
I thought the guy on here who works for the company doing the MIC and soft top said the painted one was being done in house? The new CEO isn’t going to like it either way.

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So we know why B&P was delayed. Sucks the modular top won’t be available, I’ll take the discount and buy it later. But wtf do I do with the ugly gray one when I replace it.
Have it painted?

Sponsored

AtomicWT

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Damn finally a blow to me personally. I'll wait for the shadow black modular that was advertised since it was literally on my top 3 wants (2.7+squatch+painted top = Wildtrak). Although being in Canada where nothing makes sense, who knows what will happen...

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Flat black Rhinoliner truck bed coating for the roof. Bet it will stick to anything, and you only get the outside done. Also bet it couldn't be more than $500 for the 2 door
And ugly as hell in couple of years, will look MIC.

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes you are... on the wildtrac Ford is going to pay for your painted top.
But the good new is with the $1900 off the price you can get the top painted. The body shop near me will sand it down smoothly and paint it for $1,200 . Win Win
And you can have it painted any damn color you like. :cool: