Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
But why is the sound deadening liner for the MIC not available with the sasquatch package? Makes no sense

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The letter talks about wanting to ensure quality standards on the top and since they have six months or so before production and have also cancelled it as a standard item for the entire model year, that screams that it isn't a supplier problem, they simply do not have the ability or knowledge on how to make it. As such, I am going to assume it isn't going to be a late availability option and maybe not 2022MY either. This vastly changes my color options on my preferred build (BL, 2-door, manual, VB, lux, black painted top/grill/mirror caps), ain't gonna work with a mottled gray top, grill, and so on.

White (and other body colored roofs) may have the same quality problems as well.

The Build and Puke (after using it last night, I didn't throw up a little in my mouth, I threw up a lot out of my mouth) shows the computer generated black roof when it lists the MIC (clicking on details does show the generated picture for the real top, but how many are going to miss that?).

More than a few non-forum members who order this thing, you know...most of their customers, are going to have rage induced strokes when they show up with gray tops and their dealer tries to explain that it wasn't them who ordered it wrong.

Other than that (and no fog light solution for the HD modular bumper in the B&P) most probably be going with iconic silver for the least amount of color matching horror, I am right at where I expected with pricing and options. Compromised on the engine to get the transmission, but at least I can get PPF and sound deadening along with my lux. Even a roof rack if I want (I don't)

My earlier estimate of conversions in the mid/high 30% range just plummeted another 5% or more with this and the x-plan rug pull. I am an October Granger guy and expect the loss of x-plan to draw more than a few early reservations in front of me, but with the sales lost due to X-plan and the other 1000 tiny cuts (like a dearth of lighter colored seats), the take rate drop will probably net me about even on my waiting time

Perhaps they will fix some of the stuff on the B&P and add some of the 200-300 plus options that they guaranteed would be ready when it goes on sale (except for the signature roof on a third of their models of course) and it will be more clear before ordering date, given the history of Ford IT... well... we shall see.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hold on........are you saying that even though I get the optional modular top painted shadow black, I'll have a black roof, black steel bumpers, orange body and grey grille, mirrors and flares?

If that's true, it's bloody ridiculous.

I'm getting a Badlands, if it matters.
Grille and mirrors are black.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hold on........are you saying that even though I get the optional modular top painted shadow black, I'll have a black roof, black steel bumpers, orange body and grey grille, mirrors and flares?

If that's true, it's bloody ridiculous.

I'm getting a Badlands, if it matters.
BL does have a grey grille.

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

MIC top is textured plastic, vinyl wrap is essentially a big sticker, and a sticker won’t stick to textured plastic.
Is the MIC top material similar to what is used for Wrangler Hard tops? I have seen lot of Wrangler's with wraps, no personal experience with it though.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SO...I see this as an easy 3 step fix:
  1. The top comes off.
  2. Paint the top black
  3. Put the top back on.
Am I missing something?
Yes, you are. The MIC is just a cheaper top in every way. The modular top, in addition to having the removable windows, is made from sheet molded compound. It'll be more similar to fiberglass. Much more rigid and sturdy. Potentially better at sound deadening and insulation. So, if all you care about is the color sure paint the MIC. If you're wanting a better quality, superior top you're going to have to wait for the modular.

Bustinbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Escalade 06’ Lexus 470
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I thought there was an option on Outer Banks to have a painted top to match the body color?

KADNC

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler JKU Anvil, 2012 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And ugly as hell in couple of years, will look MIC.
Agree. The color reminds me of ugly Honda Element...never pretty and has aged even worse.

With regards to painting or wrapping... I am all for mods to personalize and add features, but not immediately painting a new vehicle costing well over 40k...

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On the topic of hard tops, does anyone familiar with modular tops know how big of a difference the sound deadening addition makes?

KADNC

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler JKU Anvil, 2012 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On the topic of hard tops, does anyone familiar with modular tops know how big of a difference the sound deadening addition makes?
Hard to say with the bronco, but for a Wrangler, anything is an improvement. Not only for sound, but also temperature control. On hot days, the AC can't keep up, and the reverse for cold days.
Sponsored