Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still don't know the difference between the two. Does anyone have a side by side?
can someone point me to a video showing the different hard tops being removed/installed. Have been searching YouTube, can’t find anything yet.

i honestly didn’t understand there was an actual difference in the hard tops besides paint till I saw this thread. Trying to research now...
Can someone explain the differences of the two hard tops with me. Whats the difference besides glossy black and grey?
Here’s the full shakedown:

Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability F31D204D-A228-4099-B723-EAAA255D7B51

For photos of textures and finishes, the 2-door black badlands from CO has the modular here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rail-rig-accessories-concept.3822/post-126410

Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability BFF6500B-DF79-4D05-98A1-055D160118A2

And the A51 Overland concept has the MIC here (albeit with the rear window delete): https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-video-pics-from-super-celebration-east.6326/
Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability AC919789-5F2E-4835-B8D4-C21BA25736A2
Sponsored

Last edited:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ctel23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Shirley, you can't be serious? :unsure: There are multiple threads going on about this disaster.

Pretty Serious. Sorry, but what does the title say? "MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability". Did I miss something was it known (for sure) prior to yesterday that the Wildtrak and FE would not include the black tops as provided in months of marketing?

Just to be clear when you click on a thread with a specific title you can't respond to that thread until you've run a search to be sure there are no other threads discussing the same topic?

I'm pretty sure I referenced those prior threads. My question wasn't specific about liking or disliking the MIC tops but rather the fact that we no longer even have an option and models that were to include the black tops no longer have the option. Considering it was within the announcement thread itself I assumed I was in bounds..... Apparently not.

Disaster it is!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pretty Serious. Sorry, but what does the title say? "MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability". Did I miss something was it known (for sure) prior to yesterday that the Wildtrak and FE would not include the black tops as provided in months of marketing?

Just to be clear when you click on a thread with a specific title you can't respond to that thread until you've run a search to be sure there are no other threads discussing the same topic?

I'm pretty sure I referenced those prior threads. My question wasn't specific about liking or disliking the MIC tops but rather the fact that we no longer even have an option and models that were to include the black tops no longer have the option. Considering it was within the announcement thread itself I assumed I was in bounds..... Apparently not.

Disaster it is!
No, you're fine. There are just so many threads talking about this, one would have to be locked in someone's basement without internet to miss them.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
What. The. Hell.

What is Fords problem. This may be the end of my reservation. An unpainted textured plastic roof is unacceptable on a $60,000 rig.

I *might* be okay with it if instead of forcing that shitty plastic roof they just gave us soft tops and shipped the modular roofs when they became available.
You can wait a bit and get the black top OR get the MIC top now for $1900 less. I will be happy if you cancel your reservation though. Bu-buy

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Someone else can have my preorder spot. Coming from a marketer, this is such a junior varsity launch it’s embarrassing. @Ford has screwed the pooch... fully.

As others have said, wtf am I supposed to do? CO gets pretty damn cold and I wanted to take this up for some backcountry ski trips.

Wanted grey with black top. It’d be my first Ford ever, generally a Lexus, Toyota, BMW, Acura buyer, but I don’t think they’ll ever get my money now.

I’ll just buy a land cruiser 300 series and have it shipped here
Excellent! Get the F outta here!

NativeSoCal

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2D Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Newest announcement: All Broncos will have a 2" hole punched in the quarter panel, due to availability issues with quarter panel formers that don't punch holes in panels.

---

But seriously, if you have to give us the MIC top.... at least make it as dark as possible. Stop being stingy with the pigment. I understand most the photos look grey because it's a ton of overhead LED lights on a textured surface, but still.

---

I'm mostly upset that I'll fall asleep within 30 minutes of B&P launching. Today was a rain day and everyone but me left early. Why couldn't tomorrow have been the rain day? We'll be working Saturday and likely Sunday to make up for today. I'll be completely out of the loop on what you all discover in Build-and-Price....

...that is, unless they make 30 more announcements and buying a Bronco becomes like a Scion -- "2 door or 4 door, what color exterior?"
I agree with your second paragraph--make the MIC top darker. Gray top clashes with some of the colors. At least try to get the MIC top close to matching the fender flares, etc.
Wonder how long we'll have to wait for the painted tops

Sponsored

1stCar76Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge Sport tuned
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Seriously, I’ve been waiting a long time. I don’t think waiting for body color match top being a late availability is a big deal. I just hope they add a black or some other interior option. Plus it lets them work out some of the early production issues.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously, I’ve been waiting a long time. I don’t think waiting for body color match top being a late availability is a big deal. I just hope they add a black or some other interior option. Plus it lets them work out some of the early production issues.
That‘s my thoughts. And they may announce the Warthog while we wait. I always want in the first run of stuff. But really, I’ve been screwed so many times by being “first”.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ok,how is this going to work? We have a day2 reversation.
When the dealer calls us to make out our order and we want a Black modular top on the 2dr. ( late availability) Do we still make a deposit and send in our order? Then when the tops are available,they build and deliver the bronco? And at the price we agreed upon ? And we keep our place in line amongst the other orders?
When I ordered my Rubicon JLU, the body color match tops were a late availability. If they follow what Jeep did, your order will get pushed out until the black top becomes available. I ended up waiting a extra month for mine. but have a feeling we'll be waiting alot longer with Ford.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When I ordered my Rubicon JLU, the body color match tops were a late availability. If they follow what Jeep did, your order will get pushed out until the black top becomes available. I ended up waiting a extra month for mine. but have a feeling we'll be waiting alot longer with Ford.
Common denominator?

WeBasTo