Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You can put in your order with the painted black top and they'll hold your place in line until that commodity becomes available. So your reservation still helps, it just will be behind others who chose the gray top which was available earlier.
Great news, that's what I was hoping for. I appreciate the update, any estimate on how long we'll be waiting?

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I found a picture of the 2021 Sasquatch.
Looks gray to me. So sad. ?

Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability 1A7708F4-69DD-4471-81E6-2110C47B5788

ctel23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
But aren't you then getting a free hard top? They discount your price by 1900, thenbgivecyoubthr MIC?
I think what many are missing here is that Ford is now building a MIC top into the price of the model. I'm guessing they are not giving anything away for free. The Bronco needs a top and the $1,895 discount is being offset by the MIC top. Thus why Ford is notifying dealers that when the black/colored tops do become available as accessories or service parts the price will be higher.

Those that are thinking of ordering their WT or FE with the MIC and then buying the Black/colored top for what they think may be the $1.895 may be in for a big surprise. You'll most likely be looking at $1,895 + $695 (MIC top). If a black or colored top is your preference you may want to exercise patience.

Sponsored

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

But aren't you then getting a free hard top? They discount your price by 1900, thenbgivecyoubthr MIC?
It is definitely a free top and that is nice and I commend Ford for not charging for it...but it doesn't really make up for the fact that in the end the whole situation is BS. It won't match the rest of the black trim pieces...I'll end up ordering a black modular top later so things actually match (and I'm guessing it won't be available for a couple years)...then I'll have to deal with storing/selling an entire extra hardtop...and I plan on buying a soft top anyways for the summer. I'd rather have them offer the discount and provide a choice between a soft top and the MIC top. I'd run with the black soft top for awhile over the MIC. In the end, it doesn't really matter now for me....I'm switching my FE reservation to a Badlands. (because the navy pier interior is a bad choice and MIC top)...going with the soft top and adding all the options and then grab a modular black top later.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

From Ford Authority

Screenshot_20201024-140627_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201024-140637_Chrome.jpg

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think what many are missing here is that Ford is now building a MIC top into the price of the model. I'm guessing they are not giving anything away for free. The Bronco needs a top and the $1,895 discount is being offset by the MIC top. Thus why Ford is notifying dealers that when the black/colored tops do become available as accessories or service parts the price will be higher.

Those that are thinking of ordering their WT or FE with the MIC and then buying the Black/colored top for what they think may be the $1.895 may be in for a big surprise. You'll most likely be looking at $1,895 + $695 (MIC top). If a black or colored top is your preference you may want to exercise patience.
I am betting it is closer to $4k since the price of both hardtops includes giving up a soft top which also has a (not yet determined) value. Shipping on a hardtop after the fact will be outrageous. Even if you aren’t billed for it separately, someone has to pay it.

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It is definitely a free top and that is nice and I commend Ford for not charging for it...but it doesn't really make up for the fact that in the end the whole situation is BS. It won't match the rest of the black trim pieces...I'll end up ordering a black modular top later so things actually match (and I'm guessing it won't be available for a couple years)...then I'll have to deal with storing/selling an entire extra hardtop...and I plan on buying a soft top anyways for the summer. I'd rather have them offer the discount and provide a choice between a soft top and the MIC top. I'd run with the black soft top for awhile over the MIC. In the end, it doesn't really matter now for me....I'm switching my FE reservation to a Badlands. (because the navy pier interior is a bad choice and MIC top)...going with the soft top and adding all the options and then grab a modular black top later.
I’m with you on switching my FE reservation to a Badlands. At first I was going to deal with changing out the Navy pier interior myself but once they screwed us on the black modular hardtop I was done! Since I’m getting a two door I’d rather FORD just discount me for a topless Bronco and I’ll buy an aftermarket convertible top for it, but I know that won’t happen. The mic grey top not matching any other plastic is just a no for me.

Sponsored

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford will be bankrupt in 2-3 years.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And both made by Webasto.

Point is you'd think that somebody would've found a better supplier.

If they couldn't keep up with FCA pre-covid, what kind of genius would think they could keep up with FCA AND Ford post-covid?

Can't wait to build a doghouse out of my MIC top and put a best top softie on.
Webasto is building a new plant for this project.
Sponsored