Jotica

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok. Ford finally spelled it out for you. You don’t have to guess between the lines anymore. ? j/k

Spoiler, they chose to make it late to speed up production.....

78B8906D-104D-4DE8-9A20-52A10F7D5C30.jpeg

So if one has a late reservation (made after 10/1/2020) will one be able to change their 'order' and get a painted hardtop??
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ok. Ford finally spelled it out for you. You don’t have to guess between the lines anymore. ? j/k

As if Ford putting words or pictures online is anything we can actually trust.

But we can agree here.

I'll say they did it to speed up production BECAUSE there are production issues.

Notice BroncoGuy hasn't said anything since I quoted him. Pretty sure he's being tight lipped out of fear of having already said too much.

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They said Ford is Listening they need to read these posts . They knew the Bronco was gonna be hottest vehicle this Decade and should of plan accordingly. Now we gotta take delivery of these vehicles with these ugly tops. I’m hoping we get better news as we get closer to converting reservations to orders .

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I guess it won't be a smooth launch for all Wildtrak and FE reservation holders as we just got kicked to the back of the line. Way to go Ford. Keep up the good work, treating your highest paying customer's like a redheaded step child.
335sc0.jpg

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the black painted mod top an option for the Black Diamond trim? If so I will wait.

Or will we be able to order from dealer as stand alone option later? If so I will get the soft top as standard on the 4 door BD and order later when available. Can someone confirm that it will be an issue installing the MOD top on the Black Diamond trim?
Thx!

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

who cares? Just make the MIC top black. I don’t care the reasons why they have one top...at least make that one MIC top something people want.

I’m literally selling my car now because I want a Bronco. However, with this MIC news, and the chance of having more interior choices for my22. I may cancel my reservation and wait. And I never thought I’d be saying that...I’ve been ready to buy from the start.
It isn't the MIC top that's the issue. Everyone can get it with their reservation. It's the modular top that's being held up. Personally I'd rather have MIC than painted... But I MUST have the mod top.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability 335sc0
FFS

This seems like a pretty basic thing to have to delay for.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FFS

This seems like a pretty basic thing to have to delay for.

It really is. That’s why so many are upset about this decision. It would be different if the manufacturer had issues and it wasn’t Ford’s fault. because you know, stuff happens. Can’t be mad at that.

Sponsored

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Cant read all 65 pages. Is there any estimation on how long the delay is?

Also, is it confirmed that the modular black top is much heavier? I care most about the reduced road noise etc.

If the modular top is the same weight / insulation as the molded, then I dont mind molded. But if the modular is a much better quality (albeit more prone to scratches), id wait if its a few months.

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

who cares? Just make the MIC top black. I don’t care the reasons why they have one top...at least make that one MIC top something people want.

I’m literally selling my car now because I want a Bronco. However, with this MIC news, and the chance of having more interior choices for my22. I may cancel my reservation and wait. And I never thought I’d be saying that...I’ve been ready to buy from the start.
Im on the same exact page. Sold my RS in prep for the bronco last week. Was ready to buy from day 1. Now the 2 major things holding me are: Modular top, and the seats.

Ill be hella pissed if they offer roast seats for MY 22.

I feel like I am going to end up waiting. I really don't want to give up a day 1 reservation.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im on the same exact page. Sold my RS in prep for the bronco last week. Was ready to buy from day 1. Now the 2 major things holding me are: Modular top, and the seats.

Ill be hella pissed if they offer roast seats for MY 22.

I feel like I am going to end up waiting. I really don't want to give up a day 1 reservation.
Yup. Not sure what to do here.

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The more pictures I look at closely the more critical of Ford I get. In a recent photo uploaded to this site I counted 5 shades of gray - Bumper, fenders, mirror, MIC top and B pillar. I'm ignoring the tires.

Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability 1603910534564

Now looking at the soft top, the side and rear windows look awful in every picture I've seen. Take the one below for example. The wrinkling is something I've seen on Wranglers, that are 4+ years old. If this is how they're going to be at delivery there are going to be a lot of unhappy owners.

Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability 1603910651634

I'm probably being picky but if I'm going to be spending around $50,000 or more on a vehicle I want it to look like it wasn't made from spare parts. I want to LOVE the next vehicle I buy and Ford is making it tough. Ha! Ford Tough.
Sponsored