Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spoiled me was bummed the Bronco didn't have cooled, powered memory seats. Inner child me just wants to take the top and doors off and enjoy the outdoors. I'll be driving it 99% of the time so not too big of a problem.
Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WAAAAAH! WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! I hope you're a pampered elitist and not some average Joe working retail. It makes sense that the 2 door doesn't have powered front seats because they need moved all the way forward to get in the rear. If it did have powered seats, you'll be whining 2 months after delivery that getting in and out of the rear is a slow PITA. Please don't take my comment personally. I've grown weary of the flurry of nitpicking threads that have become prevalent in the absence of real news lately

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I see your point but I disagree. I prefer manual seat adjust in the 2 door for the exact reason you described. Besides, once I set it manually it's not changing barely ever
My challenger had electric seats but on the passenger side there was a manual release for rear seat ingress and egress. It’s not rocket science to do ..... wait for it ..... both. ?

JK

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
WAAAAAH! WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! I hope you're a pampered elitist and not some average Joe working retail. It makes sense that the 2 door doesn't have powered front seats because they need moved all the way forward to get in the rear. If it did have powered seats, you'll be whining 2 months after delivery that getting in and out of the rear is a slow PITA. Please don't take my comment personally. I've grown weary of the flurry of nitpicking threads that have become prevalent in the absence of real news lately
Well, certainly ONE person looks like an entitled, whiny baby ...

JK

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
He named two other consumer vehicles that had power seats in a 2 door. Come on, don't act like his suggestion is some off the wall thing.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But the mustang has them. And the Defender 90. And just about any other 2 door costing $40k+.

Someone mentioned in another thread they thought it was because it would take 5 seconds to bring the seat forward to let folks in and out the back seat each time. I sure hope that wasn't the reason. To inconvenience driver's comfort 100% of the time for the 5% of the time you may have a back seat passenger makes no sense.

Jeeps don't have them either. For the trailblazing vehicle the Bronco is, I hope Ford didn't do it just because jeep did it.
Sorry bub

Probably a MY22 improvement

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well it is BS anyway. Most cars have a Driver Power and Passenger manual... so your rear can be accesed via the passenger side...Problem Solved.

It's a cover story for some underlying reason.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You are assuming that not having power seats will somehow compromise the front seat comfort. The seats are the same. The bases are different.

OP
OP
splathead

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the reasons are (a) easier and quicker to move the seat forward for rear passenger ingress/egress and (b) water fording. Get the electric seat drive flooded and there is a headache no one wants.
The 4 doors with electric seats water ford too.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have manual seats on my rubicon. I prefer them to electric for the reason mentioned above.

One additional reason not mentioned is weight savings. It all adds up.
Yep...a vehicle like this doesn't need, or typically have power seats. Most wouldn't want them....but most have never owned an open air 4x4 so they compare it to their Mustang. This isn't a Mustang, but Ford is happy to sell you one of those if that's more like it.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 4 doors with electric seats water ford too.
Agree, 4-door versions are as capable to ford water as well as two doors. Perhaps Ford is of the consideration that the 4-door higher trim levels will less likely be forded through water, where as there is a higher propensity for 2-door versions to be used for more serious off road work; just a guess. But I really think it has most all to do with rear seat access and design simplicity.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But the mustang has them. And the Defender 90. And just about any other 2 door costing $40k+.

Someone mentioned in another thread they thought it was because it would take 5 seconds to bring the seat forward to let folks in and out the back seat each time. I sure hope that wasn't the reason. To inconvenience driver's comfort 100% of the time for the 5% of the time you may have a back seat passenger makes no sense.

Jeeps don't have them either. For the trailblazing vehicle the Bronco is, I hope Ford didn't do it just because jeep did it.
This isn't going to go well. :) Everyone who doesn't want power seats will give you all of their personal reasons why you shouldn't want power seats, either. Even if none of those reasons are valid to you.

To me, it's inexplicable why power seats (with memory) shouldn't at least be an option on the two-door. If you get the leather, you should get power seats, just like in the four-door. As it is now, the leather upgrade in the two-door is not a good value. It costs the same as the four-door, doesn't come with power seats, the back seat is smaller (less seat area to cover) and it's not even full leather. I saved $2,200.

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My jeep has been flooded so many times (forgetting to put the soft top back up lol) that I shudder to think what could possibly happen with electronic seat controls. I only have a sport, so I'm not sure if jeep makes the JL with electronic seats at all. If they do, I'm sure they'd try and make it waterproof, but still... I'll take manual for most things still, even windows.

OP
OP
splathead

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
But I really think it has most all to do with rear seat access and design simplicity.
I can understand that.

Perhaps Ford is of the consideration that the 4-door higher trim levels will less likely be forded through water, where as there is a higher propensity for 2-door versions to be used for more serious off road work; just a guess.
The 2 doors have the same higher trim levels as the 4 doors. The only difference between the two are the number of doors - and the fact one comes with electric seats. :)
Sponsored