Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Nothing quite like the feeling of a steering column pushing right through your chest in a collision... mmm... ;)
As somebody who has collapsed a steering column against their chest in a early 60's car (while airborn, the telephone pole did not yield), and lived to tell of it, i'm thankful for 3-spoke steering wheels. Probably the best technology advancement since using your skull to remove parts of the front windshield!
Had a pretty nasty set of bruises and concussion. You could actually tell where cracks in the wheel plastic were after the accident based on the bruising.

Ford Bronco Another 2 Door Bronco walkthrough with brand manager [Andy's All Access] fd9142a202bdbd4a32e70e7eef7d1012[1]

I noticed the crack in the tubing and wondered if it was just a seam or the thing was showing fatigue?
The "crack" is only on the plastic shroud. Nothing to worry about on a pre-production vehicle. you can't seal that shape of clamshell plastic with a sonic blade, my guess is that IF that door makes it to production, there will be some simple screws from the cabin side to hold the pieces together. Having airbags along the top rail has possibly allowed that door to be allowed on streets, but what's the point? Might as well just have doors off.
Sponsored

AM1217

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited 115 Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I was really relieved to be reaffirmed that there is a good amount of room in the 2nd row of the 2 door; of which is the one I'm getting :cool:(y) .
I heard the door is a bit longer on the 2 door to help give more room to get in the back seat

OP
OP
JDisFlip

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
I heard the door is a bit longer on the 2 door to help give more room to get in the back seat
Yeah It would suck to have the 4 door length door.

Plus the 2 door looks coupe like ??.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was curious one day as to what 2 door Wranglers had for space inside.

Before I decided on getting the Bronco, I was looking around as to what had the ground clearance I need to go to places I used to go to; prior I had a '17 Ridgeline.

I went onto some local dealer websites to see their stock as I have never really looked towards Jeep and the 2 door is the least expensive.

I was surprised as to the little amount of space there is, and no trunk space what so ever ?.

I need a little space, the 2 door Bronco has just enough space (could use more); I got a Pioneer space saving 12" sub and box that will fit in there and still give some usable trunk space :cool:?.
I was surprised at the little bit of space as well. It was also my first time driving a JL. The turbo 4 cylinder that Jeep put in that thing is AWESOME. I couldn’t deal with fighting those big 35s on the solid front axle though. I was happy when the test drive was over lol. Cool little rig though for sure. It felt like you could take any obstacle in it.

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
anyone else notice him flip open the (plastic?) covering for the door electronics?
I wonder how waterproof that is?
Does jeep have a similar covering?
The last Wrangler I had did not have that. The male end of the harness would plug into the female end that was up under the dash. There was no cover for it. It was a pain in the a** getting to it, trying to work the clip to disconnect it up under the dash. I didn't have power windows and all the harness did was let it know if the door was closed. So I unplugged it and never plugged it back in. The access on the Bronco looks so much easier.

Sponsored

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was surprised at the little bit of space as well. It was also my first time driving a JL. The turbo 4 cylinder that Jeep put in that thing is AWESOME. I couldn’t deal with fighting those big 35s on the solid front axle though. I was happy when the test drive was over lol. Cool little rig though for sure. It felt like you could take any obstacle in it.
I've had 3 Wranglers, all 2 door and you just learn that you can't take much with you. Given they were all soft tops and there isn't a cover for the back area, I couldn't leave anything it anyway even if there was room. There is no use locking a soft top when someone can just cut the plastic windows to get in. So for those getting a 4 door Bronco with a soft top, keep that in mind.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That rear seat access shot looked a lot more forgiving than the driver's side video that came out of Super Cel East. Not that it's a huge deal since my primary rear seat passengers are both under 4 ft. right now, but it's reassuring nevertheless.
Ford Bronco Another 2 Door Bronco walkthrough with brand manager [Andy's All Access] fd9142a202bdbd4a32e70e7eef7d1012[1]
Yeah, I was hoping for a bit more room lower down though. Because when getting in/out of a 4x4 2-door, having more room to step with your feet makes it easier. Getting in/out of my Jeep TJ is not good. My CJ-7 is much better, because the entire seat has a slick flip mechanism. Was hoping for a slick Ford design that would move that lower section of the seat further forward. Oh well, the rest of the 2-door seems real nice, overall very happy with what Ford has done.

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope they get a new videographer, my 8 year old nephew could have held that camera more steady than miss pleather pants there :ROFLMAO:

DaDanny

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What's up with the center console where Ford mentioned moving the window and side mirror controls? In both of andy's videos in this thread, I'm only seeing 2 switches which I assume is for front driver & passenger windows. Does that mean I'd need to manually reach back there to roll down the rear windows?

Edit:

Some people reminded me the 2 door doesn't have 4 windows that roll down. I should go to bed, thanks guys.
Ford Bronco Another 2 Door Bronco walkthrough with brand manager [Andy's All Access] Screenshot_20201013-013752

Last edited:

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Something I guess I really didn't notice before this video is just how thick the steering column is and how bulky the steering wheel is. I know with today's tech the steering wheel itself kind of has to be a little bulky to get all those buttons on it for the volume, voice command, cruise control, etc. but I would have liked a little more of a retro feel to those components. There's nothing quite like the feel of the 60's to 80's steering wheel and column. Something like this would have been amazing!
Ford Bronco Another 2 Door Bronco walkthrough with brand manager [Andy's All Access] Screenshot_20201013-013752
Need Room for the air bag too. Big wheels are here to stay.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What's up with the center console where Ford mentioned moving the window and side mirror controls? In both of andy's videos in this thread, I'm only seeing 2 switches which I assume is for front driver & passenger windows. Does that mean I'd need to manually reach back there to roll down the rear windows?

Your 2dr has rear windows?

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base

Screenshot_20201013-013752.png
This is the two door. The 4 door has 4 controls.

If you get the modular hardtop all 3 back windows are easily removed. But only widows on doors roll down.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This brand manager actually comes with the vehicle. Whenever your friends ask about your Bronco next year, he just hops out the trunk and does a walkthrough ?
i'd rather get the trunk monkey security system option
Sponsored