Bronco B

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD, 2017 Indian Chief Darkhorse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So....this is the response I just got in my inbox moments ago from Fox Ford dealership:

"at this time,we are not going to replace top due to nothing more thanit is a molded roof and the slight ripples are normal by build"

I then asked for the name and any documentation that they received back from Ford Motor Company regarding my complaint. The response was as follows (you simply cannot make this up):

" no name just compared to a brand new roof like we discussed with my service manager thanks [name removed]"

They actually refused to contact Ford!!!

Any advice on how to escalate this to someone who would actually recognize an issue and pay attention? Sadly, the Yugo had superior craftsmanship at a fraction of the cost - this is embarrassing.

Ford Bronco Another Bad Hard Top That Ford Dealership Refuses to Fix Bad To
Sponsored

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That bites. Long term I wouldn't trust what's going on inside between the layers. Was it Fox Ford dealership or Ford Corporate that denied you? Seems like people here are having to go on fishing expeditions in some cases, to find a dealership that works well with customers. Maybe try a different dealership?

Hot Pepper Diamond

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would also suggest documenting all of this, emails from dealer, take phots regularly as it changes.... you may need it if this does become a warranty thing that they continue to deny until it's too late. as mentioned above... I'd ask another dealer about it... some of these dealers are really terrible.

ABronco23

Outer Banks
First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023Bronco, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2016 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If the spots are soft, there is a delamination problem. If not, poor quality control.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry OP! Not even 6 months old and its already getting delamination?! Ford/Webasto should have been able to pinpoint what is causing this during the production of these by now, wtf. They should be looking at everything. Humidity levels, glue applications, mold pressures, assembly, handling, etc. It has to be something if its only occasionally doing it.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company will be here shortly to collect your VIN and "help."

To be fair, the response you received is accurate - They are "normal" by build... Because the MIC top is garbage.

Hopefully you'll be able to get somewhere from Ford directly and not just the dealership.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How old is the vehicle/top?

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can't believe they are three model years in on these and are still having hardtop issues. Come on, Ford.

I wonder when a person will be able to order a soft top 2-door....

Hot Pepper Diamond

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agreed, too bad you can't get just that from the factory.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would present the pictures and then ask the store GM, “would you accept that as being normal if this was your vehicle?”

Wait for his response, don’t interrupt.

Document his/her response. That should get their attention.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is only one way to deal with responses like this. Call customer service, when the first line rep rehashes the same thing ask to speak with the next level manager. When the next level manager denied ask for another escalation. Lather rinse repeat. Do not get frustrated, do not raise your voice and do not hang up. Write down the names of everyone you speak with. A CSR will never hang up on you do for as long as you are on the line they have to hang out with you. May take a few hours of your time but eventually you will speak with someone who is likely to do something about it. When they tell you it is a normal part of the production process ask them for documentation. If they dont provide documentation and don't resolve your problem take them to small claims court. At that point t it will be far cheaper for them to swap out your top than to send someone to represent Ford at small claims court. And if they don't show up in court you will a judgement by default.
Sponsored