Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember that I have been told multiple times that this is statistically insignificant... So maybe a few hundred more reported motors before anyone should be concerned... Right?
The diehard ford guys are fine with it.

Until their 2.7 blows and it takes 3-6 months to get a replacement. Then I bet the view changes a bit.
Sponsored

OP
OP

69-300

Black Diamond
First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry to hear this. Can you tell me more details? You were on the highway, were you accelerating or climbing a hill? I'm assuming 10th gear?
Car was cruising, probably 50mph, just getting off a bridge into the highway when the noise started, it kept going, it wasn’t until i pulled over that it died.

feeble

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1977 Cobra II Monroe Handler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Badlander607

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thinking I might not regret moving my Jan 21 order to a 22 due to the top issues. But can't understand why it's an issue since Fords been producing the 2.7 for years, right? Maybe it's the tuning?

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
At this point, I'm starting to think Bronco has been 100% a "B Team" effort at Ford.

I'm guessing the A-team has long since been reassigned to EVs.
LOL. Wrong

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I remember that I have been told multiple times that this is statistically insignificant... So maybe a few hundred more reported motors before anyone should be concerned... Right?
A sticking seat belt is warranty work, a catastrophic engine failure is not what anyone should expect from modern engine production.

www86aws

Base
First Name
Aws
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

People keep saying it’s essentially the same motor as in the F150. If that’s so then it’s not first year. But there’s no info on 150’s blowing motors.
My friend has a 2017 F150 with 2.7 and just got his engine blowing too!

sergk

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I know it's only .1%...but man, this is concerning. Just driving along and bam. But I'm only 2 weeks from getting it...so a recall at this point..........................................ack.
One tenth of percent sounds like an insanely big figure in context of a critical component failure. That would be huge liability for Ford.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
As I said in another thread the 2.3 engine looks like the better route to go with the Bronco right now. I have a 2.7 on order but seriously considering switching to the 2.3.

I'd rather have a reliable engine then more power. And with the performance Tune the 2.3 will have the same power as the 2.7.

After waiting years for this Bronco I don't want it in the shop for months waiting on an engine. This is starting to get ridiculous.

Sponsored

Pattytester

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Son of a b****. @Ford Motor Company needs to address this before someone gets seriously injured.

I’m sitting in a restaurant right now with my wife and two kids nervous about driving my 2.7L bronco with 1500 miles home.
you probablyshould just proactively have it towed home to be safe.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know it's only .1%...but man, this is concerning. Just driving along and bam. But I'm only 2 weeks from getting it...so a recall at this point..........................................ack.
It's nowhere near 0.1%. Try under .0001%. There is no recall. Out of tens of thousands of vehicles, we know of a few with issues.

Having said that, I'm sorry for all the people with mechanical failure. I would be really upset.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Son of a b****. @Ford Motor Company needs to address this before someone gets seriously injured.

I’m sitting in a restaurant right now with my wife and two kids nervous about driving my 2.7L bronco with 1500 miles home.
I'm sure someone on the forum will send you an uber and pick up your perfectly working Bronco for you.

I have. I keep seeing the fanboys using the 150 motor being the same and no issues defense. However, as the motors keep piling up, they’ve gone a little quiet. I actually was not very concerned at first- mine has a mid February build date-but I’m actually getting concerned now!
Piling up? Out of tens of thousands of 2.7 engines on the road, this is not piling up. Put it in perspective of the totals, please. This forum has turned mostly a bunch of men into a bunch of worried old fishwives.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not statistically significant based on my terrible calculations with fake numbers from this forum. Even with real numbers, I predict the p value will be farther and farther from .05. So.
Sponsored