Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let’s also remember that MIC 1.0 wasn’t a real issue either. I’m sure it’s just a couple. That’s just cosmetics! Only a couple have leaked or made popping noises. Probably the same folks saying that are now saying the same with this issue as well.

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going to reiterate what others have alluded to in wondering if this is a real significant issue or is it overblown because of forum making the issue seem more widespread than it is? Of course its painful to those impacted and I don't really know the answer but let's say there's at least 5000 2.7L Bronco's out there on the road and only 20 have had blown engines. That's less than half a percent of Bronco's that had had this issue. That's a half a percent too much but mechanical builds on a new product often tend to have failures.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess we will find out we have a Mach E on order too.
So do we. Premium EB RWD Rapid Red - scheduled for 1/24 build. Badlands 4DR, 2.7, MIC, LUX, SAS remains unscheduled.

Sponsored

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
#25 just reported in

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for trying to hang a number on all this. Your “back of the envelope“ significance testing is a good way to figure this out. But I think you need better data
As I am fond of saying - no duh. In the 80s they said no doy for some reason.

I didn’t make an hypothesis, these old fishwives did.:LOL: They made the suppositions. I’m happy with my 2.7.

#keepcalm

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are a dealer, it makes sense, you are getting paid twice for the car, for selling it and for installing a. New engine.
I’m a teacher, but thanks for playing.

Tens of thousands?? There's not tens of thousands of 2.7 Broncos on the road let alone built..
Not based on the number I’ve seen published.

How’d you get that calculation? From Ford marketing? Or are you making up numbers- while accusing others of making up numbers?
Feel free to ignore me if my posts about p values cause you undue distress and spawn weird conspiracy theories for you.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Feel free to ignore me if my posts about p values cause you undue distress and spawn weird conspiracy theories for you.
You can spout about p values all you want. You have tried to discredit others data while providing nothing at all. I don’t feel the need to ignore you. Just call out the irony of your claims. If you have the “real data” please share!

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base

There's not tens of thousands of 2.7 Broncos on the road. They haven't even delivered that many yet. And don't forget a chunk of the Broncos being made have a 2.3 engine.

And all the 2.7s that are just getting on the road are just entering the test and time will tell what will happen. More ticking time bombs? We'll see.

Sponsored

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's nowhere near 0.1%. Try under .0001%.
I think you mean .001%. There’s not 250K 2.7L Broncos on the road yet. There’s probably not even 25K 2.7L Broncos yet with several thousand miles on them already.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. Call Ford customer service, elevate with them to get engine priority and your expenses covered

2. Know your state lemon law, take notes of everything. Keep journal

3. Get engine production label pic from mechanic, update the thread with date produced (engine)

4. Be patient🥺
Agree, plus, make sure you get a comp extended warranty from Ford to cover any residual issues and regain your trust.

62chad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine is in the danger zone for the possibly bad 2.7s. Hit 4k miles today. Been driving it hard so fingers crossed. I don't want to hear my friends if it blows.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's not tens of thousands of 2.7 Broncos on the road. They haven't even delivered that many yet. And don't forget a chunk of the Broncos being made have a 2.3 engine.

And all the 2.7s that are just getting on the road are just entering the test and time will tell what will happen. More ticking time bombs? We'll see.
They have delivered that many and produced more than that as well based on Ford numbers published somewhere on this forum.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs