Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

:mad:
It has been 6 weeks now without a sound system, NAV, cameras, and dead charging ports all due to a bad APIM (SYNC) module.
Yes, I tried the reset trick and disconnected the battery multiple times to try a reset while waiting the 9 days that it took for my dealer appointment. After a day of disassembly, they told me that a new APIM unit was needed and that they had some due in in a couple of days. That was 4 weeks ago and all they can tell me is that the system shows the APIM units are no longer on "backorder" and now show "on order." Whatever that means.

To pour salt in the wound, I keep getting my notice to renew my NAV system as it is about to expire. Well Ford, why would I pay to maintain something that I can't even see.

I wasn't going to post this until I saw that others are having the same or similar issues.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
:mad:
It has been 6 weeks now without a sound system, NAV, cameras, and dead charging ports all due to a bad APIM (SYNC) module.
Yes, I tried the reset trick and disconnected the battery multiple times to try a reset while waiting the 9 days that it took for my dealer appointment. After a day of disassembly, they told me that a new APIM unit was needed and that they had some due in in a couple of days. That was 4 weeks ago and all they can tell me is that the system shows the APIM units are no longer on "backorder" and now show "on order." Whatever that means.

To pour salt in the wound, I keep getting my notice to renew my NAV system as it is about to expire. Well Ford, why would I pay to maintain something that I can't even see.

I wasn't going to post this until I saw that others are having the same or similar issues.
Good morning. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to see what I can do to assist with your Bronco's APIM.

OP
OP
ASlaugh

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, after being optimistic that the Ford support team would come through and help my dealer fix my Bronco, I am told no such luck.
The APIM module is not available and they ever admit that they cannot even give me a forecast.
No radio, NAV, charge ports, cameras or hands free phone capabilites for who knows how long. Really sucks Ford!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, after being optimistic that the Ford support team would come through and help my dealer fix my Bronco, I am told no such luck.
Too many things can go wrong with today's vehicles...and when they do, its often a pain in the ass for months & months. Manufacturers have totally lost sight of how important 'reliability' is to most owners.

Some vehicle manufacturer is gonna go 'back to basics' and make a $bazillion with zero frilly shit

Sponsored

tgalietti

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am in a similar situation. I took delivery in December of my 2021 after a 6 month wait and have been without a working sync system for a month now. Car has been in the dealership for almost two weeks, the latest they told me was Ford is not only waiting on replacement APIMS, but now is having a coding and software issue to get them working properly.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good morning. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to see what I can do to assist with your Bronco's APIM.

So @Ford Motor Company , what's going on, why can't people get their modules replaced? We all know that this was just virtue signaling in hopes that Ford won't lose face.

Kcmiller

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Great question....no one from Ford can provide any details or clarity on when we can expect to get replacement parts.

OP
OP
ASlaugh

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Out of the blue, my dealer called with the good news that they received an APIM module and I am schedule for installation on Tuesday! It doesn't seem like my dealer and @Ford Motor Company are on the same page with the information.

Hoping for the best on Tuesday!

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to write service for ford before and have since switched to Chevy and now at land rover. I can tell you almost everything is in backorder with every manufacturer. Both OE and aftermarket. Ive had vehicles down for over 90 days waiting for parts to come in. Its getting harder by the day to get parts. Recently we ran out of oil filters and they were on backorder. I couldn't even get a fram, or Mobil, or wix filter as absolutely no one had them. I had to turn away oil changes for 3 days until my parts department found a batch to keep up going until the order arrived.

Its a tough time being a service advisor nowadays.

Sponsored

Kcmiller

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Same....dealer called and supposedly they have a new APIM. Dropped it off this morning. Hoping for the best.

OP
OP
ASlaugh

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Success! My dealer came through after installing and programming the new sync unit.

Took 7 weeks.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some vehicle manufacturer is gonna go 'back to basics' and make a $bazillion with zero frilly shit
My 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport is the perfect example. Naturally aspirated V6. Simple automatic. Manual temp/fan controls. No heated seats or rear window defrost. No blind spot monitoring etc. The thing runs like a champ and will probably outlive me.

But given a choice, the Bronco gets driven every chance I get. It’s just too damn fun!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can confirm Ford is having major issues with coding ON THEIR END for module programming and updates to the point many techs are refusing to do them until Ford gets it fixed. Had one yesterday that has a minor cluster graphics problem a software update might fix but concerned it could turn into a 10+ hour deal and brick other modules.

My advice to everyone is wait on non-critical systems work until we get word from Ford they've resolved these issues. Something that should take an hour or less is turning into a 2 day ordeal tech hotline isn't able to help with. Not sure if this is strictly a Ford server/coding problem or conflicts with OTA updates, regardless, it's a freaking mess right now.
Sponsored