Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I need advice from you folks here. I reserved last October an confirmed my order last spring. Then got moved to 2022 and got the email to talk to my dealer about confirming my 2022 order. I called these folks and got no call backs for three weeks. Then I finally get through and they told me to come down to the dealership, saying there are some "incompatibility issues" to work out. This bugged me a lot. Why couldn't I do this over the phone? Also, there was a totally different person there in charge of the Broncos, who I think is the owner, or a relative of the owner.

So I go in there today finally with a printout of what I wanted for my 2022 order, which was the same thing as 2021 minus a trailer hitch and in Eruption Green. They said they would give it to the right guy (who was either not there or hiding from me). Then I asked about honoring the 2021 MSRP. They told me they were charging $13,000 over MSRP because of "the market". I told them Ford was honoring the price of all orders for reservation holders and they tell me "Ford doesn't guarantee anything!" I told them to give me my printout and told them I would be finding another dealer. I was cool about it, but I told them they were wrong, and that I knew about ADM practices and I wasn't paying it. I did not have anything in writing between me and this dealer guaranteeing MSRP, so this may be my fault, but I think they are just being greedy asshats.

I am at the end of my patience with all of this nonsense. So what are my options, other than buying a Forerunner and telling Ford to get bent? Can I transfer my order to another dealer? Can I just drop the whole thing and reorder from another dealer? Is there any dealer who isn't doing these ADM shenanigans? At this point, I am willing to travel, even out of state to avoid this ADM nonsense. I wanted to attempt to be neighborly and keep the money in the community with a local dealer, but that kind of good will is not worth $13,0000. I do not want to risk buying it over and selling it for more.

Any advice is appreciated. I may be out of this joke of a rollout. It's just not fun anymore.
Sponsored

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Might try to speak to the GM to see if the salespeople you talked to were speaking for the dealership, or for themselves.

Call Bronco customer service to switch dealerships.

Hell, if I were you and decided to quit the entire process, I’d switch dealer ships and then cancel so these clowns don’t get the canceled order.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Call Ford and see if they can move your reservation/order.

800-334-4375

If not, if you’re up for a good fight, tell them you’re going on a social media blitz, local news, word of mouth- everyone you can possibly reach will know what they’re doing with a customer ordered bronco.

Collinabc123

Base
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer h3
Your Bronco Model
Base
You would think they would just end up agreeing to MSRP because they would still make money vs you changing dealers and them getting no money

Last edited:
OP
OP
Luv9rove

Luv9rove

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Might try to speak to the GM to see if the salespeople you talked to were speaking for the dealership, or for themselves.

Hell, if I were you and decided to quit the entire process, I’d switch dealer ships and then cancel so these clowns don’t get the canceled order.
Pretty sure the GM is the one making the ADMs. His family name is on the big sign outside. This is a small town dealer, that to be perfectly honest, you would think it was closed based on the looks of the place. There is almost no inventory there and it looks like Ford just has not collected their sign yet. They also keep weird hours of operation.

Sponsored

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure the GM is the one making the ADMs. His family name is on the big sign outside. This is a small town dealer, that to be perfectly honest, you would think it was closed based on the looks of the place. There is almost no inventory there and it looks like Ford just has not collected their sign yet. They also keep weird hours of operation.
Sounds like you summed it up. Find a new dealer!!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford didn’t change MSRP, but as you discovered, the whole point of ADM is that it’s what the dealer chooses to charge above MSRP.

Sorry about your experience. Hope you can get it all sorted.

OP
OP
Luv9rove

Luv9rove

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What happens if I just don't complete my 2022 reorder? Right now, the backdoor reservation link shows my 2021 order is cancelled. Does this mean I can just walk away? $100 is cheap for stupid tax.

If there is literally no way around an ADM, I am totally out of this. This is an expensive vehicle. You can get a lot of other expensive vehicles for what the MSRP+ADM is.

BGBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Do dealerships get credit or something far a canceled order?

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There's dealers out there not charging ADM. See what's out there in a radius you're willing to drive. Send a few emails, make a few calls, you could probably find one who'd like to have your business.

Sponsored

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I need advice from you folks here. I reserved last October an confirmed my order last spring. Then got moved to 2022 and got the email to talk to my dealer about confirming my 2022 order. I called these folks and got no call backs for three weeks. Then I finally get through and they told me to come down to the dealership, saying there are some "incompatibility issues" to work out. This bugged me a lot. Why couldn't I do this over the phone? Also, there was a totally different person there in charge of the Broncos, who I think is the owner, or a relative of the owner.

So I go in there today finally with a printout of what I wanted for my 2022 order, which was the same thing as 2021 minus a trailer hitch and in Eruption Green. They said they would give it to the right guy (who was either not there or hiding from me). Then I asked about honoring the 2021 MSRP. They told me they were charging $13,000 over MSRP because of "the market". I told them Ford was honoring the price of all orders for reservation holders and they tell me "Ford doesn't guarantee anything!" I told them to give me my printout and told them I would be finding another dealer. I was cool about it, but I told them they were wrong, and that I knew about ADM practices and I wasn't paying it. I did not have anything in writing between me and this dealer guaranteeing MSRP, so this may be my fault, but I think they are just being greedy asshats.

I am at the end of my patience with all of this nonsense. So what are my options, other than buying a Forerunner and telling Ford to get bent? Can I transfer my order to another dealer? Can I just drop the whole thing and reorder from another dealer? Is there any dealer who isn't doing these ADM shenanigans? At this point, I am willing to travel, even out of state to avoid this ADM nonsense. I wanted to attempt to be neighborly and keep the money in the community with a local dealer, but that kind of good will is not worth $13,0000. I do not want to risk buying it over and selling it for more.

Any advice is appreciated. I may be out of this joke of a rollout. It's just not fun anymore.
DM me if you want me to put you in touch with my cousin who is co-owner and general manager of Owen Ford in Jarratt, VA, which is 20 miles from the NC border along I-95. She does not charge ADM, and as a small dealership, they give very personal and honest support. She can't necessarily do much about Ford's customer communications issues any more than any other dealer, and the dealership isn't big and glitzy, but they've been selling Fords since my uncle (her dad) bought it in the 1960's.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's quite a ways from Georgia, but I'm in Rifle, CO and can attest to my dealer delivering at the agreed price. It's sitting in my driveway now. There are good, honest, small town dealers out there that would love to have your reservation and would be happy to have the business. I can also tell you, if you pick up and walk away from a Bronco you are definitely missing out. Find YOUR dealer and call Ford to move you. No reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater...

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What happens if I just don't complete my 2022 reorder? Right now, the backdoor reservation link shows my 2021 order is cancelled. Does this mean I can just walk away? $100 is cheap for stupid tax.

If there is literally no way around an ADM, I am totally out of this. This is an expensive vehicle. You can get a lot of other expensive vehicles for what the MSRP+ADM is.
If you walk, the dealership gets to keep the car, and sell it elsewhere. There are many dealers honoring the MSRP pricing or even below. They are mentioned in this post. I paid the agreed MSRP for my OBX here at Palmetto Ford in Charleston, picked it up 2 weeks ago. I hope you can pick a new dealer and switch. And I love that green, you're fortunate you have to wait and get a new color!

OP
OP
Luv9rove

Luv9rove

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you walk, the dealership gets to keep the car, and sell it elsewhere. There are many dealers honoring the MSRP pricing or even below. They are mentioned in this post. I paid the agreed MSRP for my OBX here at Palmetto Ford in Charleston, picked it up 2 weeks ago. I hope you can pick a new dealer and switch. And I love that green, you're fortunate you have to wait and get a new color!
Yeah, I knew they would sell it, even if I don't take it. They win either way.

OP
OP
Luv9rove

Luv9rove

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Many of you have reached out with other dealers that are somewhat local to me. Thank you. I knew all I had to do is ask. đź‘Ť
Sponsored