Sponsored

Another dealer said thread (about Penalties)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yesterday I decided to order a BB to see if I can win the VIN lotto while waiting for my WT.

I was talking to the dealer about exactly what my plan was and that if the BB came in, I'll just sell it when my WT is ready or cancel the BB if for some reason I get double lucky.

My point being, she said that Ford changed the rules about that 20% and now it is much stricter to prevent dealers from playing any shenanigans or adding huge ADMs and having customers walk out on their order so they can sell them to walk ins. I swear she said it was basically a "no tolerance" policy now vs a "gray 20%"

I didn't dig any further, because I figured if that had any real truth to it this forum would have already known.

...but like the title says and we know how most "My dealer said" threads go.
Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless it’s written into a contract (like they did the Ford GT), not much Ford can do to police it

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could see it. The 20% was to help out dealerships bring in money when most were going to be stuck or below MSRP and stock was real low. NOW, Ford is saying they are getting stock that isn't tied to reservations so why should they be able to have leeway with builds that are more personalized option choices?

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford isn’t going to enforce any restrictions. Ford’s delivery date for ordered Broncos is between today and 2.5 years from now. It’s not reasonable to expect less than 20% of customers to change their mind, move 5 states away, lose their job, have a child (or 2), have major medical hardships , etc. If the interest rate reaction to inflation happens sooner than later there will be A LOT of customers that walk away due to financing.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey y'all. First post.

I'm a new reservation so I'll see my BD Bronco in a year if I'm lucky. I'll be happy to see y'all receiving your Broncos after a long wait.

That being said, my dealer, Jim Ellis Ford in the Atlanta area and asked them what happens if someone cancels (hoping that I could jump on it) and this is what they said:

They will just give the 1k back to the reservation holder and keep it so that they can sell it as dealer stock (at a mark up I'm sure). I'm guessing it's up to the dealer if they want to charge to cancel or not.

Sponsored

4Runfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC / Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hey y'all. First post.

I'm a new reservation so I'll see my BD Bronco in a year if I'm lucky. I'll be happy to see y'all receiving your Broncos after a long wait.

That being said, my dealer, Jim Ellis Ford in the Atlanta area and asked them what happens if someone cancels (hoping that I could jump on it) and this is what they said:

They will just give the 1k back to the reservation holder and keep it so that they can sell it as dealer stock (at a mark up I'm sure). I'm guessing it's up to the dealer if they want to charge to cancel or not.

I'm in ATL as well - make sure to check out the Southeast Thread here https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/forums/southeast.30/

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In this case it doesn’t really matter if it’s true, it just matters if the dealership *believes* it to be true. If they do, they won’t be trying to pull any shenanigans!

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford isn’t going to enforce any restrictions. Ford’s delivery date for ordered Broncos is between today and 2.5 years from now. It’s not reasonable to expect less than 20% of customers to change their mind, move 5 states away, lose their job, have a child (or 2), have major medical hardships , etc. If the interest rate reaction to inflation happens sooner than later there will be A LOT of customers that walk away due to financing.
You forgot the rising gas prices to add to that mix.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, they charged me $1,000. Wasn't sure what was normal so I just paid it. I'm guessing that is not normal?

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, there a dealer listing Broncos for 90K. I would think if Ford was pushing that, they would have never been able to advertise that. Would be nice if true though.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those who don't think Ford will do much. Go and find the Bronco Sport with a large ADM and how Ford reacted. That wasn't a reservation cancelation. There are multiple accounts on the forum of Ford getting involved on dealer shenanigans.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, they charged me $1,000. Wasn't sure what was normal so I just paid it. I'm guessing that is not normal?
My dealership wanted something to commit to the order, even though it was fully refundable - I had no issue with that. At first they said $1,000 (CDN), then I said “How about $500?” And that was good enough for them. They didn’t really seem to care, but just wanted to ensure I was serious I guess. Not losing sleep over it… it’s refundable at the end of the day.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer has zero down. I offered twice to drive in and put down a deposit, and their response was "as long as we are taking business from San Tan (the other closest dealer) we don't care"

Pretty sure they plan to put 5-10k ADM on any cancellations, so they would probably be happier if I didn't pick it up anyway.
Sponsored