First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco, 2008 Triumph Thuxton
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For those of you who didn't read my other thread, about one month ago my brakes failed, hill assist failed, Collision Assist failed. All my screens flashed red. It was rather terrifying as I was driving on a mountain with no brakes. I had it towed to the dealer and they stated all the modules needed to be updated and its good as new.

Well today, (I know this is minor), but now I am waiting for more to happen. My AC stopped working, the air just blows hot, as if the heater is up all the way, the only way it is somewhat not hot is when I have max ac on or the temp set low. The recirculating air only stays on for about 2 min then turns itself off as well.

Has anyone else had this happen? I am going to start to looking into lemon laws, as a $62,000 car should not have these issues, when it is one month old. I am truly regretting this purchase and thats so disappointing since I waited so long, and now it is plagued with issues.
Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It’s a first year vehicle it’s going to have issues. Kinks don’t get worked out until year 2/3.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First year vehicle these things happen take it to the dealer let them fix it and enjoy it

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had a similar issue on my f250 diesel. It happened when I installed a cold air intake which requires removing the MAF. For whatever reason when the MAF is touched the A/C goes out . I cleared codes, reset modules, disconnected batteries but nothing fixed it. It fixed itself by sitting overnight. I proceeded to do the install again since I returned it to stock and it worked fine. I recently had to clean my MAF sensor so I had to unplug it. Same thing happened. It seems completely unrelated but somehow affects the A/C. Maybe it's an issue with your MAF but then I'd assume your engine wouldn't run correctly. My truck runs just fine without the MAF which isn't like a normal vehicle.

Sponsored

clhman

Wildtrak
First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super-Duty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For those of you who didn't read my other thread, about one month ago my brakes failed, hill assist failed, Collision Assist failed. All my screens flashed red. It was rather terrifying as I was driving on a mountain with no brakes. I had it towed to the dealer and they stated all the modules needed to be updated and its good as new.

Well today, (I know this is minor), but now I am waiting for more to happen. My AC stopped working, the air just blows hot, as if the heater is up all the way, the only way it is somewhat not hot is when I have max ac on or the temp set low. The recirculating air only stays on for about 2 min then turns itself off as well.

Has anyone else had this happen? I am going to start to looking into lemon laws, as a $62,000 car should not have these issues, when it is one month old. I am truly regretting this purchase and thats so disappointing since I waited so long, and now it is plagued with issues.
Lemon laws specifically say the exact issue has to be dealt with by the dealer three times without resolution. (I think within 30 days.)

Honestly if you are that dissatisfied, flip it for the ridiculous money that people (not me) are paying right now for FE's and laugh all the way to the bank. That payday would not happen if you take the Lemon route.

Steelbama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tacoma/2015 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a similar issue on my f250 diesel. It happened when I installed a cold air intake which requires removing the MAF. For whatever reason when the MAF is touched the A/C goes out . I cleared codes, reset modules, disconnected batteries but nothing fixed it. It fixed itself by sitting overnight. I proceeded to do the install again since I returned it to stock and it worked fine. I recently had to clean my MAF sensor so I had to unplug it. Same thing happened. It seems completely unrelated but somehow affects the A/C. Maybe it's an issue with your MAF but then I'd assume your engine wouldn't run correctly. My truck runs just fine without the MAF which isn't like a normal vehicle.
I could be wrong but I think the connection between the two is cold start mode. When AC is on I think you go into this mode and there is a change in A/F ratio.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Your problem is you bought a first edition. Never buy a year-1 model unless you really don't value your time or having a reliable vehicle.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

They fixed the 1st issue...and now the AC isn't working...and you want to lemon law it? That's darling....

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Could be the blend door actuator. Happens quite often on modern vehicles.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They fixed the 1st issue...and now the AC isn't working...and you want to lemon law it? That's darling....
My exact thoughts...bringing up lemon law so early in the game...:unsure:
Sponsored