Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn it, I want mine to be delivered so bad right now. The second I get my delivery date I'm planning a 2 month cross country adventure.

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice to see you can speed up in 4Low and then slow down and stays in 4Low.
...why would it not?

Edit: NM; I guess the 4L shift was done all via GOAT mode, and I could see how it could be programmed to try and force you out after a certain speed.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“The 8” screen is all I need!”

Ford Bronco Another KOH Bronco video - Hill Climb, Accelerating in 4Low, One Touch 1612926997436

B Wants A Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X; 2002 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The graphic on that center button on the drive dial is interesting. I'm guessing on the manual it'll just be the 'regular' hill descent control icon (as in pretty standard across vehicles that have that feature).

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hope you are joking.
Not sure what your YJ does in 4L but I’ve had 2 JKs and you really can’t go past 20mph in 4L, at that point you’d better change to 4H but this appears the Bronco let’s you go a little faster.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...why would it not?

Edit: NM; I guess the 4L shift was done all via GOAT mode, and I could see how it could be programmed to try and force you out after a certain speed.
I think it stayed in 4L. The drivers may have been pointing out the wide range of the 10sp made the effective speed range in 4L broader than other transmissions would have in the past. All the videos I have seen require N to engage or disengage 4L. But, with all things Bronco, I could have that wrong.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it stayed in 4L. The drivers may have been pointing out the wide range of the 10sp made the effective speed range in 4L broader than other transmissions would have in the past. All the videos I have seen require N to engage or disengage 4L. But, with all things Bronco, I could have that wrong.
I was looking at it as "why would it automatically shift you out of 4L based on speed?" I've never been in a vehicle that did/ does that.

But given GOAT can apparently try and force a range change - pausing to shift to N aside - I guess it could be a fair question.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Fantastic video. I noticed two things:
1. That Cactus Grey looked AWESOME from the view over the hood. Build and Price be damned.
2. Did you notice how quiet that ride seemed? In the audio I didn’t hear any rattles, etc.
I’m an F-150 guy. I love the room and the anytime utility of a truck. I’d foresaken the days of strapping the Christmas tree to a roof rack. “Throw it in the bed!” I didn’t think the Bronco would seriously tempt me unless it was cheaper than an F-150. But right now I want to strap into a Badlands and never drive on a paved road again.
Sponsored

Last edited: