Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting you can shift even if you have auto
That was the new piece I picked up in this video as well. Would be nice to get a review on that as well.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That was the new piece I picked up in this video as well. Would be nice to get a review on that as well.
I have that feature on a '15 Renegade Trailhawk...but Ford has improved the actuation. On the Jeep, you just push the shifter laterally to engage, which can easily happen by accident. On Bronco you hit a button on the side of the console.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
shifting gears via auto was on the 2010 Raptor and the Gen2 Raptor even has magnesium paddles

You just need to put it in manual mode and then you can decide the shift points.

You can even lock out gears. For example, if you are towing and you want to lock out gears 9 and 10. I am not sure if the Bronco will have this feature but these transmission are pretty advance.

Last edited:

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These videos are great and all, but kinda tired of seeing the same trail, and the same rock on which they are doing their little articulation test. Just seems like these demos are missing out on a lot of good opportunities to show what this thing can do. The Moab content from a while back for example was a much better demonstration of its capabilities. Why are they babying everything so much at KOH?

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It would be a good comparision to have the same people ride in a Rubicon aftwards going 70 MPH on the same route. I'm sure they would be tossed around like a rag doll.
He did say he took a Rub across the same area and was much rougher ride.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
shifting gears via auto was on the 2010 Raptor and the Gen2 Raptor even has magnesium paddles

You just need to put it in manual mode and then you can decide the shift points.

You can even lock out gears. For example, if you are towing and you want to lock out gears 9 and 10. I am not sure if the Bronco will have this feature but these transmission are pretty advance.
Pretty advanced assuming you enjoy 9th gear without spending a few minutes before every drive to fiddle with settings (and I mean every.single.drive, it won't save any settings for this). Because it will find 9th gear as quickly as mechanically possible (generally around 30 mph while going uphill, in our experience).

And assuming you enjoy the "advanced" lurch as it forces it's way into 2nd just as smooth as a frozen brick of butter being pushed through a metal keyhole.

It does a lot, but it's built for the purpose of eeking out 1-2 extra em pee gee's, and nothing to do with the driving experience. You have laid down a costly sacrifice on the altar of economy and disengaged driving.
Sponsored