Another local dealership response PARKWAY Ford

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where is Sewell located and what deal are they offering? Thanks in advance
Odessa Tx. They offer free shipping via transport to you. No upcharge, X plan is honored.
If you want to fly out there and drive it back for an experience they will pay for two economy plane tickets and a hotel overnight.
If you want to meander back home they will help you route out and plan the trip home if you want their advice. This is my plan, albeit I will be taking the long, scenic route back home via the Pacific coast and Rocky Mtns.

They are very quick to respond with answers, know what they are talking about, and have been very transparent thus far.
X plan also limits the fees.
Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm in NC too and switched to Stephen's already.
I'm going to give Crossroads one last chance to earn my business. But no signed contract by the end of October no deal with them. Just as easy for me and my son to take a 4 1/2 hour road to Stephens. I'd like to give a big shout out to a few companies
- Thank you Ford for letting us switch dealers.
- Thank you Granger for leading the way on discounts
- Thank you Stephens for matching Grangers discounts

Jmgunn0124

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

...I also have the A/Z plan....I've bought 8 new Ford with the plan over years...the Ford guy, Levine said the Bronco is A/Z plan eligible...
I get A/Z as well and my dealership Chuck Anderson Ford said Ford has confirmed and they will be honoring.

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, in an attempt to give the local dealerships a chance to match the fantastic deals offered by @Granger Ford and @StephensAutoCenter, I contacted a more local Ford dealership and inquired about pricing details.

I placed an online inquiry and got the anticipated near-immediate phone call response (which I was unable to take) and a follow up email. The email simply stated that they would like to speak with me. I responded that email is always better and that I was interested in their pricing structure if they were anticipating ADM, MSRP, or any below invoice pricing.

The dealership responded that they do not have any pricing information yet so would not be able to comment but would love to discuss it with me in the future when they get more information.

I wrote back and said that there are multiple dealerships offering below invoice pricing already. I stated that under ideal circumstances their dealership could match the deal and I could benefit from convenience, and I could help support the local economy and business.

The response I got was a bit more inflammatory than I had imagined. While a simple "I'm sorry we can not commit to that" would have sufficed, they responded quite differently. The following is what I got in an email back:

"We at PARKWAY do not understand why the hottest product on the market would be priced below invoice, and we do not know why anyone else would do that either.

We do hate to lose business, but you have to do what you feel is best. Since the pricing guides are not out yet, like I said, we are not going to discuss pricing as of now. "

I am in NC, so Stephens is closest.

What do you think @StephensAutoCenter, want another reservation?

EDITED by popular demand for Dealership name: Parkway Ford.

Absolutely :)

/john

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bronco roll out and B &P drag out is a marketing plan. There is no reason the B & P could not have been ready months ago with price place setters. Its there to put the focus on the Ford brand and sell cars and trucks today.
Pretty sure its been stated that dealer reservations that are not filled do not become an allocation for their lot. So it becomes a lost sale for them. As for why some dealers are disinterested in pricing below MSRP or do not respond to emails, maybe they are culling their book. Its been stated here that one dealer had two reservations. How much time would you allow your employees to spend on two possible sales months from now? Dealers have limited sales labor and you gave them $100 refundable deposit. They can spend it slow walking a future uncertain Bronco sale or today-up sell a new in stock truck- low ball a trade in- add financing cost. Don't be offended, its just business.

Sponsored

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well, in an attempt to give the local dealerships a chance to match the fantastic deals offered by @Granger Ford and @StephensAutoCenter, I contacted a more local Ford dealership and inquired about pricing details.

I placed an online inquiry and got the anticipated near-immediate phone call response (which I was unable to take) and a follow up email. The email simply stated that they would like to speak with me. I responded that email is always better and that I was interested in their pricing structure if they were anticipating ADM, MSRP, or any below invoice pricing.

The dealership responded that they do not have any pricing information yet so would not be able to comment but would love to discuss it with me in the future when they get more information.

I wrote back and said that there are multiple dealerships offering below invoice pricing already. I stated that under ideal circumstances their dealership could match the deal and I could benefit from convenience, and I could help support the local economy and business.

The response I got was a bit more inflammatory than I had imagined. While a simple "I'm sorry we can not commit to that" would have sufficed, they responded quite differently. The following is what I got in an email back:

"We at PARKWAY do not understand why the hottest product on the market would be priced below invoice, and we do not know why anyone else would do that either.

We do hate to lose business, but you have to do what you feel is best. Since the pricing guides are not out yet, like I said, we are not going to discuss pricing as of now. "

I am in NC, so Stephens is closest.

What do you think @StephensAutoCenter, want another reservation?

EDITED by popular demand for Dealership name: Parkway Ford.
Wow!!! Extremely unprofessional!!!

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
...I also have the A/Z plan....I've bought 8 new Ford with the plan over years...the Ford guy, Levine said the Bronco is A/Z plan eligible...
I know that’s what he said but the dealerships have not received final word.

eander

Big Bend
First Name
Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

BRB, switching my reservation from Parkway to Stephens... Late to the thread, but appreciate the heads up! The side trip to New River Gorge on the way back to Winston is an added perk!

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BRB, switching my reservation from Parkway to Stephens... Late to the thread, but appreciate the heads up! The side trip to New River Gorge on the way back to Winston is an added perk!
Near Winston here too.
I didn't even mess with Parkway. Never got good customer service there before when shopping for several vehicles through the years.
Regal was better but now they are gone.
I reserved at Crossroads, didn't get any good feedback or commitment to anything under "sticker price" so transferred out.
Some sucker will still reserve and buy one from them, I'm sure. Just not this guy.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Odessa Tx. They offer free shipping via transport to you. No upcharge, X plan is honored.
If you want to fly out there and drive it back for an experience they will pay for two economy plane tickets and a hotel overnight.
If you want to meander back home they will help you route out and plan the trip home if you want their advice. This is my plan, albeit I will be taking the long, scenic route back home via the Pacific coast and Rocky Mtns.

They are very quick to respond with answers, know what they are talking about, and have been very transparent thus far.
X plan also limits the fees.
As an update, as a lot has changed since my original post.
They still offer the above.
X plan is not valid on the Bronco now.
They sell at MSRP with no markups, no added fees, no dealer-added charges for paint protection/detailing/pinstripes/ etc like a lot of the ones here.
So in the end it is MSRP, Taxes, tags, destination (all of them will charge the same thing for destination), and a $150 doc fee.
Doc fees up here are $899 with the last several vehicles I have bought.
Free shipping or plane tix and hotel or in my case, they are reimbursing my rental car, as we won't be flying in and taking the huge trip now due to all of this C-19 mess.
Just driving back home with some meandering from Odessa.
West coast trip maybe once things calm down some.
Placed my order with them on the 20th.
Every time I email I get a response within hours, and most of the time within 15 minutes.
Local dealers have yet to respond even once.
And this is why I am sticking with them.

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Actually a reservation isn't anybodys car, but at the end of the day you are buying from the dealer.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recorded (secretly) my ordering process on my phone to make sure the dealer is held accountable. Everything went very smoothly and I will get A Plan with 125 doc fee.

I would suggest recording in states where it’s allowed.

kfralin

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Ford Explorer,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I recorded (secretly) my ordering process on my phone to make sure the dealer is held accountable. Everything went very smoothly and I will get A Plan with 125 doc fee.

I would suggest recording in states where it’s allowed.
Interesting.

Onehrdfrst

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yup, I ran into A LOT of that. However, by far, my most favorite response from a General Manager was: "It is MY car and NOT YOURS and you won't tell me how to price it!"
Well maybe he can use a photo of that prized piece of iron to pay his dealerships rent..
Don’t be afraid to walk away.
My response to anyone that says we are getting over MSRP
Good for you
But I’m going to pass
Have a good day 🥱

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well maybe he can use a photo of that prized piece of iron to pay his dealerships rent..
Don’t be afraid to walk away.
My response to anyone that says we are getting over MSRP
Good for you
But I’m going to pass
Have a good day 🥱
Dealers are getting above MSRP on most popular models these days. This is not just Ford. I've never heard anything like this before. Now, it seems you need to expect it.
Sponsored