Another local dealership response PARKWAY Ford

TheWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Silverado HD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well, in an attempt to give the local dealerships a chance to match the fantastic deals offered by @Granger Ford and @StephensAutoCenter, I contacted a more local Ford dealership and inquired about pricing details.

I placed an online inquiry and got the anticipated near-immediate phone call response (which I was unable to take) and a follow up email. The email simply stated that they would like to speak with me. I responded that email is always better and that I was interested in their pricing structure if they were anticipating ADM, MSRP, or any below invoice pricing.

The dealership responded that they do not have any pricing information yet so would not be able to comment but would love to discuss it with me in the future when they get more information.

I wrote back and said that there are multiple dealerships offering below invoice pricing already. I stated that under ideal circumstances their dealership could match the deal and I could benefit from convenience, and I could help support the local economy and business.

The response I got was a bit more inflammatory than I had imagined. While a simple "I'm sorry we can not commit to that" would have sufficed, they responded quite differently. The following is what I got in an email back:

"We at PARKWAY do not understand why the hottest product on the market would be priced below invoice, and we do not know why anyone else would do that either.

We do hate to lose business, but you have to do what you feel is best. Since the pricing guides are not out yet, like I said, we are not going to discuss pricing as of now. "

I am in NC, so Stephens is closest.

What do you think @StephensAutoCenter, want another reservation?

EDITED by popular demand for Dealership name: Parkway Ford.
Sponsored

Last edited:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, in an attempt to give the local dealerships a chance to match the fantastic deals offered by @Granger Ford and @StephensAutoCenter, I contacted a more local Ford dealership and inquired about pricing details.

I placed an online inquiry and got the anticipated near-immediate phone call response (which I was unable to take) and a follow up email. The email simply stated that they would like to speak with me. I responded that email is always better and that I was interested in their pricing structure if they were anticipating ADM, MSRP, or any below invoice pricing.

The dealership responded that they do not have any pricing information yet so would not be able to comment but would love to discuss it with me in the future when they get more information.

I wrote back and said that there are multiple dealerships offering below invoice pricing already. I stated that under ideal circumstances their dealership could match the deal and I could benefit from convenience, and I could help support the local economy and business.

The response I got was a bit more inflammatory than I had imagined. While a simple "I'm sorry we can not commit to that" would have sufficed, they responded quite differently. The following is what I got in an email back:

"We at **DEALERSHIP NAME** do not understand why the hottest product on the market would be priced below invoice, and we do not know why anyone else would do that either.

We do hate to lose business, but you have to do what you feel is best. Since the pricing guides are not out yet, like I said, we are not going to discuss pricing as of now. "

No need to redact the dealership name.

LOMartin

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, F250, b2650HSTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not tel us the ford dealer?
Save your local fellow future bronco buyers from wasting their time.

Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean... I'm not surprised... how long have all of these dealerships been under the same name? A long time is the answer. So, you have someone who is 837 years old calling the shots... they aren't aware of the internet. So obviously they aren't aware that other dealerships found a way to make money by charging less money... don't get mad... move your reservation... maybe their grandsons will figure it out before their dealership goes broke lol

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah... I debated that, ultimately I did not want to cross any forum-etiquette lines.
Forum etiqutte is letting people know where the dealers stand. There's a huge thread and spreadsheet on it. The dealership didn't show much etiquette.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I almost feel a little sad for the average dealership that has yet to come to terms with the fact that in this day and age they are no longer competing with the other dealerships in the city or even the state but every dealership anywhere in the country.

They have to change their business model to be competitive or be left behind.

Evolve or become extinct.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

TheWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Silverado HD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OP
OP

TheWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Silverado HD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yup, I ran into A LOT of that. However, by far, my most favorite response from a General Manager was: "It is MY car and NOT YOURS and you won't tell me how to price it!"
WOW. How oblivious are these dealerships?!?!

I really want to respond: "Thank you for your reply. The 12k+ bronco enthusiast members of Bronco6g.com are now all aware of your position."

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"We at PARKWAY do not understand why the hottest product on the market would be priced below invoice, and we do not know why anyone else would do that either.

EDITED by popular demand for Dealership name: Parkway Ford.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind paying MSRP if there was a dealership I've worked with forever and I'd rather support my community. But I could not find any in the chicagoland area willing to guarantee MSRP.

I don't want to rely on the 1k under invoice, but since I found no one for MSRP, why not?