DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe one day we will be able to buy cars like we buy almost everything else...at retail price or somewhere below that, instead of dealers seeing how much they can get you to pay for it. It’s a frustrating and shady business.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup, I ran into A LOT of that. However, by far, my most favorite response from a General Manager was: "It is MY car and NOT YOURS and you won't tell me how to price it!"
Fair enough though. It is their car up until they decide to sell it.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Parkway Ford? In winston? I’m from Kernersville.

Never bought a Ford so never dealt with them. That said, I can’t blame them. Obviously not as forward thinking as other dealers but maybe they don’t have a ton of reservations so they’re less inclined to offer any kind of bulk order discount. If they only have 5 reservations and Granger has 100, it makes more sense for Granger to offer the discount (although it seems Granger thought of this in advance so kudos to them)

Like they said, they haven’t received any pricing info from HQ (join the club!) so they don’t have a good picture as to what they can potentially offer.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Never bought a Ford so never dealt with them. That said, I can’t blame them. Obviously not as forward thinking as other dealers but maybe they don’t have a ton of reservations so they’re less inclined to offer any kind of bulk order discount. If they only have 5 reservations and Granger has 100, it makes more sense for Granger to offer the discount (although it seems Granger thought of this in advance so kudos to them)

Like they said, they haven’t received any pricing info from HQ (join the club!) so they don’t have a good picture as to what they can potentially offer.
My dealer has two reservations. They've committed to MSRP already because they, as a rule, don't sell above MSRP. It's pretty simple.

I won't get a screaming deal (at least it'll be X-plan) but at least I know they aren't nickle and diming me and others. That goes a long way and is a simple commitment.

OP
OP

TheWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Silverado HD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

That's the one!!

There exist a myriad of reasons to do the bulk sales route, particularly with a new hot item with nearly assured mass sales.

Guaranteed traffic, allocation, bulk sales bonuses, reputation.

Sponsored

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I won't get a screaming deal (at least it'll be X-plan) but at least I know they aren't nickle and diming me and others. That goes a long way and is a simple commitment.
My dealer won't even commit to X-Plan. They say "if Ford allows it" they will honor it. What a load of crap

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

At this point, they know-or should know-that X-Plan is in play. At this point they can take a position of whether they will attempt to charge ADM fees. And at this point, regardless of the few unknowns in this process, they should know about customer service and courtesy. Just saying.

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once you have made your final choice of dealership, the ownership of the Bronco moves from Ford to the Dealer to you.

Techqua

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly, I wouldn't mind paying MSRP if there was a dealership I've worked with forever and I'd rather support my community. But I could not find any in the chicagoland area willing to guarantee MSRP.

I don't want to rely on the 1k under invoice, but since I found no one for MSRP, why not?
That has been my mindset until the past couple of days. I don't want to pay MSRP anymore after learning more about invoice and holdbacks. The dealer is making a lot of money at MSRP and done very little for it. At this point I'm expecting invoice pricing to stay local or going to WV for under invoice. I will give my current dealer a chance to keep me, but will move on if I need to. It's my money and my car. ?

Sponsored

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m thinking these dealers are trying to “run out the clock” through the end of October.

At that point you’re locked in with them unless you want to lose your reservation spot.

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I almost feel a little sad for the average dealership that has yet to come to terms with the fact that in this day and age they are no longer competing with the other dealerships in the city or even the state but every dealership anywhere in the country.

They have to change their business model to be competitive or be left behind.

Evolve or become extinct.
The interwebs can sometimes be a good thing.

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m thinking these dealers are trying to “run out the clock” through the end of October.

At that point you’re locked in with them unless you want to lose your reservation spot.
That is what I have been saying all along. Even those that say they are going to provide a deal but don’t put it into writing. There could also be those that want to do the add ons like pin striping or etching or tinting, etc that is not additional ADM technically. You find that out later the hard way.

Last edited:

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer won't even commit to X-Plan. They say "if Ford allows it" they will honor it. What a load of crap
Ford does exclude certain vehicles from xplan, typically only high end, low volume like the Raptors and Shelby mustang, or commercial vehicles. The Bronco hasn't officially been confirmed but there isn't a reason, except maybe First Editions, that they'd be excluded. At least they said if Ford confirms/doesn't exclude it, they'll honor it which is a heck of a lot more than a lot of dealerships

There's an official exclusion list on the xplan site

Reactions: DHC

Bradyrufenacht

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, in an attempt to give the local dealerships a chance to match the fantastic deals offered by @Granger Ford and @StephensAutoCenter, I contacted a more local Ford dealership and inquired about pricing details.

I placed an online inquiry and got the anticipated near-immediate phone call response (which I was unable to take) and a follow up email. The email simply stated that they would like to speak with me. I responded that email is always better and that I was interested in their pricing structure if they were anticipating ADM, MSRP, or any below invoice pricing.

The dealership responded that they do not have any pricing information yet so would not be able to comment but would love to discuss it with me in the future when they get more information.

I wrote back and said that there are multiple dealerships offering below invoice pricing already. I stated that under ideal circumstances their dealership could match the deal and I could benefit from convenience, and I could help support the local economy and business.

The response I got was a bit more inflammatory than I had imagined. While a simple "I'm sorry we can not commit to that" would have sufficed, they responded quite differently. The following is what I got in an email back:

"We at PARKWAY do not understand why the hottest product on the market would be priced below invoice, and we do not know why anyone else would do that either.

We do hate to lose business, but you have to do what you feel is best. Since the pricing guides are not out yet, like I said, we are not going to discuss pricing as of now. "

I am in NC, so Stephens is closest.

What do you think @StephensAutoCenter, want another reservation?

EDITED by popular demand for Dealership name: Parkway Ford.
Close to the same response with my local Raleigh dealer. I will be switching to Stephens.
Sponsored