Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don’t understand some of these dealers and missing out on several options.
1) selling at invoice creating high volume for your dealership.
2) if you accept a reservation for invoice and that customer backs out between now and delivery, you get a Bronco on your lot that you wouldn’t otherwise have. Sell it for MSRP, mark it up, add accessories etc.

Think about, every Bronco (give or take a few that dealers were able to reserve themselves) is reserved. If you post an “Invoice deal” and get 100 Bronco6g members to send you their reservation. How many will complete the transaction? 90? 80? 70? 60? 50? So any reservation not completed is an extra Bronco your dealership wouldn’t have on the lot.

So fuzz number math, you get 100 reservations.

50 members at $1300 below invoice and x-plan complete the transaction and your dealer makes $500 a Bronco (total guess)

50x$500=$25000 that you wouldn’t have gotten without the deal.

50 members don’t complete the transaction and back out leaving you 50 Broncos on your lot. You sell at MSRP or more!!!!

50x$1800=$90000. (I used the $500 profit off the deal and added in the $1300 off for $1000 under invoice and $300 x-plan).

So in this case, by offering up a deal to this group the potential to make money is there and then some.

All this is a guess but when I sold motorcycles, the owner was very clear he wanted units sold in volume and he’d rather sell 10 bikes at $100 profit then sell 1 bike $1000 profit. Volume gave him better buying power and benefits with Honda.
Sponsored

icd70

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Parkway Ford? In winston? I’m from Kernersville.

Never bought a Ford so never dealt with them. That said, I can’t blame them. Obviously not as forward thinking as other dealers but maybe they don’t have a ton of reservations so they’re less inclined to offer any kind of bulk order discount. If they only have 5 reservations and Granger has 100, it makes more sense for Granger to offer the discount (although it seems Granger thought of this in advance so kudos to them)

Like they said, they haven’t received any pricing info from HQ (join the club!) so they don’t have a good picture as to what they can potentially offer.
Not sure but I think Granger Ford made the offer before they had a ton of people switch to them. I doubt they did it because they had huge volume. But Albert could answer to that.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure but I think Granger Ford made the offer before they had a ton of people switch to them. I doubt they did it because they had huge volume. But Albert could answer to that.
Yeah, pretty sure they did it to bring the volume. Safe to say multiple hundred at this point.

check the time stamp on his offer. Pretty sure it was in the first couple of days of the launch, if not day of.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used this dealership for my daughter‘s Mustang service. They handled the buyback of the Mustang too. I got my reservation through Crossroads in Kernersville. I was going to wait until pricing comes out. But, I think I‘m just change to Stephens and be done with it. I just don’t like the dealers around here.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
50 members at $1300 below invoice and x-plan complete the transaction and your dealer makes $500 a Bronco (total guess)
If I had to guess at these numbers....

500-1,000 members at granger/stephens....and they make $750-$900/per

Sponsored

focaloca95

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Ram, 2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Back before the internet boom, I once worked with a guy who sold cars. When I was going to buy my first new rig, he told me all I needed to do to make a quick and easy deal was to say that I'd pay $400 over invoice. It totally worked at the first dealership I went to. Like literally, no hassles.

Once I got a taste of how it works and the internet started booming with info, I found out about dealer holdback. Then I found out that depending on the time of year, there are additional sales quota spiffs behind the scenes that go back to the dealership depending on how many rigs they push out during a given period. Then I found out they make more money off of used car sales than new car sales. Then I found out that service advisors are ALSO commissioned and are hoping to bank as much profit as possible for themselves.

Fast forward 4 new rigs, and the last two I bought were 20% below MSRP w/out bringing the trade into the equation (do that last and don't mention it until you've decided on a price). It took a lot of work on my end working with different dealers, but the bottom line is that if I was getting 28k MSRP rigs for 23k before talking trade-in, that means they were STILL making money off me!

So basically, there is a reason you RARELY see these places go out of business. It is b/c it is one giant magic act meant to either fool you or wear you down until you surrender. Here in Texas, the dealership lobbies have fought tooth and nail to keep Tesla out of here b/c Musk wants to change the entire industry with manufacturer to customer direct sales, but they keep running him out of town.

I don't dislike dealers or sales people for the games they play, but it is up to us to take the time to get the best deal. Above all, treat them with respect and most likely the courtesy will be returned.

All that to say, Bronco will be different b/c it is brand new. I get it. But with all of the buying power on here, very few of us should actually end up paying more than invoice, even for such a hot rig.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My dealer won't even commit to X-Plan. They say "if Ford allows it" they will honor it. What a load of crap
I’ve heard the same from two different dealerships. When will Ford confirm?!

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

WOW. How oblivious are these dealerships?!?!

I really want to respond: "Thank you for your reply. The 12k+ bronco enthusiast members of Bronco6g.com are now all aware of your position."
Problem is just that however - there are only 12k of us vs 150k (or whatever) reservations.
These dog shit dealers will continue to make money for years to come as the average consumer is oblivious

Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well, in an attempt to give the local dealerships a chance to match the fantastic deals offered by @Granger Ford and @StephensAutoCenter, I contacted a more local Ford dealership and inquired about pricing details.

I placed an online inquiry and got the anticipated near-immediate phone call response (which I was unable to take) and a follow up email. The email simply stated that they would like to speak with me. I responded that email is always better and that I was interested in their pricing structure if they were anticipating ADM, MSRP, or any below invoice pricing.

The dealership responded that they do not have any pricing information yet so would not be able to comment but would love to discuss it with me in the future when they get more information.

I wrote back and said that there are multiple dealerships offering below invoice pricing already. I stated that under ideal circumstances their dealership could match the deal and I could benefit from convenience, and I could help support the local economy and business.

The response I got was a bit more inflammatory than I had imagined. While a simple "I'm sorry we can not commit to that" would have sufficed, they responded quite differently. The following is what I got in an email back:

"We at PARKWAY do not understand why the hottest product on the market would be priced below invoice, and we do not know why anyone else would do that either.

We do hate to lose business, but you have to do what you feel is best. Since the pricing guides are not out yet, like I said, we are not going to discuss pricing as of now. "

I am in NC, so Stephens is closest.

What do you think @StephensAutoCenter, want another reservation?

EDITED by popular demand for Dealership name: Parkway Ford.
Ouch!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford does exclude certain vehicles from xplan, typically only high end, low volume like the Raptors and Shelby mustang, or commercial vehicles. The Bronco hasn't officially been confirmed but there isn't a reason, except maybe First Editions, that they'd be excluded. At least they said if Ford confirms/doesn't exclude it, they'll honor it which is a heck of a lot more than a lot of dealerships

There's an official exclusion list on the xplan site
So far Bronco isn't on either list. Bronco Sport is on X plan available list.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are correct we just wanted to corner our little slice of the US and it turned into a tsunami...

Oh well rain gear in hand, we are blessed to be considered for all of our Bronco deliveries...

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is what I have been saying all along. Even those that say they are going to provide a deal but don’t put it into writing. There could also be those that want to do the add ons like pin striping or etching or tinting, etc that is not additional ADM technically. You find that out later the hard way.
You get free pinstriping on the trail. :)
Sponsored