North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The lift is an option with the Badlands package.
Please explain in detail what you are referring to?

Since we are discussing this in the thread titled "Another look at 2021 Bronco with 2” factory lift kit" I have to assume you are saying there is in fact a factory 2" lift option on the Badlands, when in fact that has never been confirmed.

The only Badlands option is for the "Sasquatch Package" which includes "35" tires, high-clearance suspension" and "position-sensitive Bilstein shock absorbers".

Nowhere in any other officially released Ford Bronco documentation or in the hundreds of posts on the subject is there any confirmation of an "optional lift" on the Badlands, other than the "Sasquatch Package".

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's the only way to get a manual trans. So I'll also be buying the 4 cylinder, which happens to make as much power as the v6 in my Tacoma.
The replacement for displacement is forced induction. It'll be fiiiiiiiiine.
Right... power is "fine," but the MPG is what doesn't make sense. The 2.7 V6 will get the exact same MPG, and on the Sasquatch I could see the V6 even getting better. I really want the Manual trans, but I don't know that I can justify the 4 cylinder. (I think it is a great engine for cars where it does get well over 24 MPG.)

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford knows that when a 4 cylinder makes close to 300hp (270 in our case) from the factory, nothing else matters.
You get more power from the V6, won't lose any MPG and the purchase price is going to be pretty insignificant. Why pick a 270 HP engine that gets 20 MPG when you can chose a 310 HP engine that gets 20 MPG? The cost difference between the two is going to come down to a few hundred dollars a year. Both engines are fine, but for the money, I just don't see the purpose of this 4 cylinder in this application.

Sponsored

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands options can include a high clearance suspension and 35s. Not 37s.....yet.
As you noted. Any lift involved thus far is to fit 35"s.... on the Sasquatch package , not the 37's.
The only exception is the Badlands suspension to fit 33"s AND have a lot of articulation, so much articulation that the travel then has to be limited to fit the 35's and not crunch them into the sheetmetal. Larger bump stops probably.

Admin, Levine, and Ford.com have all stated that the Bronco with 37's has an additional, custom 2" lift, neither of which is available ..... (yet?)

They call it a "factory" lift, though the general consensus is that it will be a dealer installed package similar to what they are offering with the Rangers currently. Lifts, tunes, tires and gears, etc etc.

Really , all of that is speculation except the fact that the Orange 2 door has a CUSTOM, one off, 2" lift and 37's.

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The silly thing about all the complaints about 4 cyls is they typically come from people who used to drive iron block V8s with less than 200hp and a much less 'fun' torque curve... :rolleyes:
I have no love affair with V8s. I actually really like the 2.7 in this application, and would love to see the 3.0. What puzzles me is that there doesn't seem be any advantage to the 2.3 over the 2.7 - except in this case the Manual transmission.

Aside from the transmission, can you explain why the 2.3 would be a better choice than 2.7? The purchase price and cost of ownership between the two options doesn't look significant enough to me to make 2.3 look like a good choice.

Don't lump everyone who questions the 2.3 as someone who wants a 190 HP V8 from the gas crisis days of the late 70's and 80's.

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right... power is "fine," but the MPG is what doesn't make sense. The 2.7 V6 will get the exact same MPG, and on the Sasquatch I could see the V6 even getting better. I really want the Manual trans, but I don't know that I can justify the 4 cylinder. (I think it is a great engine for cars where it does get well over 24 MPG.)
You think the v6 will get the same mpg with that Sasquatch as the 2.3 liter?
mill be curious what kind of mpg data they provide, even though I know it’s not most peoples concern.. it will be my DD.. so it’s a factor

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hmmm, 37s and a lift may be a consideration if it is not running the 44 in the rear. 44s are only good up to 35s. Step up to a 60 and now we are talking. If the 2" lift is offered I would probably stick with the 35s for now.

Sponsored

Judd_Skin

Outer Banks
First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m really beginning to love the orange. I keep going back and forth with antimatter blue, cyber orange, and Oxford white. All with white tops. A difficult decision that would be made easier if I could see them in person...

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't the JL Rubicon come with Dana M220 in the rear?
Handles 37s just fine.
I don't know, but I think I'll wait for those who will find out before moving to the 37's from the 35's ;)

You have to remember also that this is a 1000 lbs+ heavier vehicle than a JL which plays into axle strength along with lockers, type of trail driving ect.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You get more power from the V6, won't lose any MPG and the purchase price is going to be pretty insignificant. Why pick a 270 HP engine that gets 20 MPG when you can chose a 310 HP engine that gets 20 MPG? The cost difference between the two is going to come down to a few hundred dollars a year. Both engines are fine, but for the money, I just don't see the purpose of this 4 cylinder in this application.
Not sure about final MPGs, but the elephant in the room is emissions. Ford needs that number to get lower. So, smaller engines it is.

In the case of the Bronco, no manual transmission on the V6. So, it doesn’t exist for me. ?

ScalinoFever

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scalino
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks pretty cool, but I honestly think 35”s are where it’s at.

Sasquatch package two-door just looks the most balanced proportionally.

Also, for as good as the four-door looks, it’s not even close. The two-door looks far better.
Sponsored