First Name
Stewie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Man, every time I see this 2 dr with the 37s and the extra lift I keep questioning my decision on ordering a 4 dr. This 2 dr looks so damn good!
Sponsored

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You think the v6 will get the same mpg with that Sasquatch as the 2.3 liter?
mill be curious what kind of mpg data they provide, even though I know it’s not most peoples concern.. it will be my DD.. so it’s a factor
On the 4x4 Ranger the 2.3 gets 18-21 MPG. On a 4x4 F150 the 2.7 gets 17-20 MPG.

There is no way the 2.3 Bronco is going to get better than the 2.3 Ranger, I suspect it will get a little worse.

In the Mustang the 2.3 gets up to 32 MPG. There isn't a 2.7 option for the mustang but I would suspect if there was it would cap out around 28 MPG...

In the Bronco that 2.3 is going to have to work a lot harder than the 2.7.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are many threads on the forum, search is your friend, heres one.
You are most likely correct and don’t doubt you but do you find it a little weird Ford is showing off this 37 in tire lifted Bronco and not offer it has something their customers could get from factory, I mean why show it off and tell their customers “oh sorry you can’t get this from us”
Too me they should be focusing on hey this is what Ford can do straight from the factory as options for their customer base.

it looks cool as hell but if we can’t get it from the factory what’s the point, just my 2 pennies.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You are most likely correct and don’t doubt you but do you find it a little weird Ford is showing off this 37 in tire lifted Bronco and not offer it has something their customers could get from factory, I mean why show it off and tell their customers “oh sorry you can’t get this from us”
Too me they should be focusing on hey this is what Ford can do straight from the factory as options for their customer base.

it looks cool as hell but if we can’t get it from the factory what’s the point, just my 2 pennies.
Completly agree, same for the brown interior, white interior and white top, they show it off and then say, sorry, not available :rolleyes: :unsure: ?‍♂

Maybe they learned this in 10 Stupid things not to do in marketing class but missed the first part of class and thought they were supposed to do it :ROFLMAO:;):oops:

stickshifter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma (1975 FJ-40, 1978 CJ-7, 2008 JKU)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm hoping to buy a wrecked one after a few years for a coyote swap, NV4500, 1 tons, and 42's. Yes, 2 door. Possibly a small stretch to the wheelbase, but 2 door will the the answer. Will be interesting trying to replace those "sport bars" with a real cage. This one will be road legal for the most part, but will be a purpose built trail pig.

The first one I get will remain pretty close to stock, and be used as my Daily Driver.
If you are going to drop in an NV4500 (stands up and cheers!) then why a Coyote? My vote is for a 6.2 Chevy LS (420 horsies, and 460 torque-ies). Push-rod reliability; aluminum block so it won't weigh you down. The perfect solution. And, I believe the NV4500 mates right up to that engine. Once the work is done, I can test it for you. You know, to make sure its safe and stuff ;)

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't know, but I think I'll wait for those who will find out before moving to the 37's from the 35's ;)

You have to remember also that this is a 1000 lbs+ heavier vehicle than a JL which plays into axle strength along with lockers, type of trail driving ect.
I wasn't aware the 2DR Bronco is 1K heavier that the JL. Which JL are you referring to? 2dr or 4dr?
I know that I'll have some experts weight from local off road shops to see what they think before going 37s.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't the JL Rubicon come with Dana M220 in the rear?
Handles 37s just fine.
Excellent question. Anybody know? Jeep guys speak up. I’m a Toyota guy so I’m no help here. Plus my google search just Filled my head with Dana 44 vs Dana 60 chatter, I don’t know how to translate / compare that to M220

edit: per the Bronco spec the M220 is a Dana 44?? See pic

7836E08B-B5F0-4173-9050-384FA543AFB7.jpeg

Last edited:

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you are going to drop in an NV4500 (stands up and cheers!) then why a Coyote? My vote is for a 6.2 Chevy LS (420 horsies, and 460 torque-ies). Push-rod reliability; aluminum block so it won't weigh you down. The perfect solution. And, I believe the NV4500 mates right up to that engine. Once the work is done, I can test it for you. You know, to make sure its safe and stuff ;)
They used the nv4500 in all of the big 3's pickups in one capacity or another, the bell housing is swappable to match the engine you want. But I'd stick with Ford stuff, for no other reason than feeling weird about mixing manufacturers.
If I don't go Ford, I'll likely look for a Cummins 4bt, although those are getting harder and harder to come by.
Money will be a factor, though, and Chebby Chit is Cheap, lol...

Oldschool67

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2door Eruption Green, 1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 2019 F-150 4x4 crew cab, 35” BFG‘s and the 2.7. (3:55 gears) I average 19 city/hwy combined. Love the engine!!!

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Excellent question. Anybody know? Jeep guys speak up. I’m a Toyota guy so I’m no help here. Plus my google search just Filled my head with Dana 44 vs Dana 60 chatter, I don’t know how to translate / compare that to M220

edit: per the Bronco spec the M220 is a Dana 44?? See pic

Ford Bronco Another look at 2021 Bronco with 2” factory lift kit, 37" tires, top and doors off 7836E08B-B5F0-4173-9050-384FA543AFB7
So the rear on the BL is a D44, same as the Rubicon. Thank you.
Perhaps the Watts rear end was a mere teaser for the Bronco R which may enjoy the Watts stuff for high speed running which Raptors are made for. For slower trail mountain crawling my bet is the rear end will be fine on the BL on 37s (which again are more like 35.8 for KM3s).
The front end with the 2 inch lift is where I am concerned with being IFS, also a former Toyota guy.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wasn't aware the 2DR Bronco is 1K heavier that the JL. Which JL are you referring to? 2dr or 4dr?
I know that I'll have some experts weight from local off road shops to see what they think before going 37s.
Even the 2-door Bronco is 4319/4339 - 4957/4977 2.7 = 4491 - 5129

Taargus

Badlands
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram Power Wagon, 1980 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5.3 Chevy LS with an NV4500 is what I’m running in my FJ40. It’s a great combination, but I wouldn’t want an NV4500 in the bronco

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok..what am I missing? There is a demo bronco that is custom built out with basically thing you can't get like 37" tires, custom doors, raptor rear end, and some extra lift... and yet there are endless threads about people discussing this infamous lift that doesn't exist.

Where did the claim that there was even a 2" lift available come from?
Other than some mention about not being able to discuss future features which basically equates to "no comment".

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok..what am I missing? There is a demo bronco that is custom built out with basically thing you can't get like 37" tires, custom doors, raptor rear end, and some extra lift... and yet there are endless threads about people discussing this infamous lift that doesn't exist.

Where did the claim that there was even a 2" lift available come from?
Other than some mention about not being able to discuss future features which basically equates to "no comment".
Just think of the meltdowns when the 2in lift Ford never said was available isn’t available.
Sponsored