First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Haven't seen one "in the flesh" yet but from everything else I've seen, Ford has hit a Grand Slam with the design and execution of the new 6G Bronco. That being said, the paint color choices have taken a Huge Steaming DUMP on an otherwise spectacular entrance. Let's be honest. Ford drew heavily on the Original for inspiration which is a BIG reason that response to it's reintroduction is so overwhelming. Why stop there?!?! The people yearning for these modern morsels of yesteryear have a portrait in their mind of "the one that got away", their first ride, the vehicle they wished they never should have sold or totaled. That portrait includes that lovely vintage shade that they proudly waxed on Sundays even as the rust spots tore the buffing cloth to shreds. Ford... Finish the story properly... Put the proverbial CHERRY on Top. Please FORD... Give us the choice of a Diamond Blue, Meadowlark Yellow or a Hot ginger Metallic. Deliver for us a New Lime, Chrome Yellow and Seafoam Green. Bring back Wind Blue, Calypso Coral and Winter Green. You baked the most beautiful and delicious Bronco Birthday cake now it's time to frost that cake properly.

Ford Bronco and Bronco II Paint Codes 1966-1996 | CJ Pony ...
Sponsored

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's possible Ford will add more colors. I was just reading an article on Yahoo (can't vouch for it's accuracy), which quotes a Ford spokesperson regarding features and colors. Here is the quote with link further below:

"Our dealers tell us they haven’t seen this level of enthusiasm for a new product since the original Mustang," Said Deep, Ford spokesman, told the Free Press. "Due to the unprecedented level of interest, we plan to build customer orders only in the 2021 calendar year. We will continue to add new appearance and feature choices, including paint colors and special editions, for customers that have a longer wait."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/unexpected-demand-2021-ford-bronco-165839291.html

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's possible Ford will add more colors. I was just reading an article on Yahoo (can't vouch for it's accuracy), which quotes a Ford spokesperson regarding features and colors. Here is the quote with link further below:

"Our dealers tell us they haven’t seen this level of enthusiasm for a new product since the original Mustang," Said Deep, Ford spokesman, told the Free Press. "Due to the unprecedented level of interest, we plan to build customer orders only in the 2021 calendar year. We will continue to add new appearance and feature choices, including paint colors and special editions, for customers that have a longer wait."

Nice! We can have green - we just have to wait until 2023! :)

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice! We can have green - we just have to wait until 2023! :)
Who knows - could be even sooner. Imagine the kvetching around here, when first adopters miss out on some color or appearance item. Those threads will be worth a read for the entertainment value, lol.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm underwhelmed with the colors, myself. So, what I've decided to do, currently, is to order my 2-Door Badlands Sasquatch and have it custom painted after it's delivered.

Already got a guy lined up that does really good work in the D/FW area. Initial estimate is $7,000. Small price to pay to actually get the color I want, imho.

Sponsored

Six Miles South

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm underwhelmed with the colors, myself. So, what I've decided to do, currently, is to order my 2-Door Badlands Sasquatch and have it custom painted after it's delivered.

Already got a guy lined up that does really good work in the D/FW area. Initial estimate is $7,000. Small price to pay to actually get the color I want, imho.
I like that kind of dedication! Sums up the passion behind the Bronco.

Want to let us know what color you're looking at? Got a color sample or photo of your dream vehicle?

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like that kind of dedication! Sums up the passion behind the Bronco.

Want to let us know what color you're looking at? Got a color sample or photo of your dream vehicle?
Right now, I'm looking at Hot Pepper Red but my guy showed me a sample of Aspen/Ember Red he reproduced that matches the original Ford color.

The Hot Pepper Red is a Ranger color, but I've seen it in person and I just love it.

Here's a good look on a 2018 Fiesta.

Ford Bronco Another Paint Color Thread unnamed (2)

The Aspen Red is one that my dad had on his old pick-up. I love it too.

Ford Bronco Another Paint Color Thread 1967_00006_01

It's more Orange than Red in the sunlight and I can't help but imagine it on the 2021 with white tops and accents.

Last edited:

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll be happy as long as I can get a Base model in some kind of red. Gotta have red.

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Yeah but what happens when you place the order in December like they want us too then these new colors come out and bam you cant get it cause your order has already been placed and you cant change it

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll be happy as long as I can get a Base model in some kind of red. Gotta have red.
I'm miles away from picking a color, but ever since the beginning I've told myself it's gotta be red. Sometimes I forget that as I start admitting the other colors look good, but I always land back on red

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford chose 7 out of 10 colors from their existing fleet color catalog. There is nothing inherently wrong or disturbing about this. The volume of materials is sufficient and there won't be drastic cost overruns on that.

Then there is one special "bronco only" color, Area 51, which just so happens to look like an Amazon delivery vehicle and be fairly boring. They tried, but missed on that one. Had that color come out 5 years ago it would be a massive smash hit.

Cyber School Bus is a fun new tri-coat and fulfills Ford's standard philosophy of having two extra-cost paints with every non-fleet vehicle. This will most likely be the color that rotates out every 2 model years like Mustang's grabber series.

Cactus Gray is the new color on the block and they really went with something different there. It's on Mustang, Ranger and Bronco, so fairly limited. We'll see what color it turns out to be, but at least it isn't concrete gray or wish-I-was-still-deployed tan.

No, Ford didn't "reach" or do anything out of the ordinary with the paint selections for Bronco. Very conservative approach and they probably couldn't have guessed how many reservations there would be or they could have made some "historic" color selections that were special for the Bronco. As-is, time will tell if Bronco customers are repeat buyers and they have a proper Jeep rival for decade(s) to come..... Paint pallet will get diversified, but not too far from fleet color catalog.

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
... Give us the choice of a Diamond Blue, Meadowlark Yellow or a Hot ginger Metallic. Deliver for us a New Lime, Chrome Yellow and Seafood Green. Bring back Wind Blue, Calypso Coral and Winter Green. You baked the most beautiful and delicious Bronco Birthday cake now it's time to frost that cake properly.

Ford Bronco and Bronco II Paint Codes 1966-1996 | CJ Pony ...
I'm guessing Seafood Green is similar to Seafoam Green? :geek:

Auto-correct strikes again, I'm sure.

And I'm with you, I was - and am - hugely disappointed with the 60% shades of gray palette and a gray/black jeep-looking top. I naively expected classic bright colors and a white top.

OP
OP
MachingBird

MachingBird

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm guessing Seafood Green is similar to Seafoam Green? :geek:

Auto-correct strikes again, I'm sure.

And I'm with you, I was - and am - hugely disappointed with the 60% shades of gray palette and a gray/black jeep-looking top. I naively expected classic bright colors and a white top.
Fixed it. Thanks.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford chose 7 out of 10 colors from their existing fleet color catalog. There is nothing inherently wrong or disturbing about this. The volume of materials is sufficient and there won't be drastic cost overruns on that.

Then there is one special "bronco only" color, Area 51, which just so happens to look like an Amazon delivery vehicle and be fairly boring. They tried, but missed on that one. Had that color come out 5 years ago it would be a massive smash hit.

Cyber School Bus is a fun new tri-coat and fulfills Ford's standard philosophy of having two extra-cost paints with every non-fleet vehicle. This will most likely be the color that rotates out every 2 model years like Mustang's grabber series.

Cactus Gray is the new color on the block and they really went with something different there. It's on Mustang, Ranger and Bronco, so fairly limited. We'll see what color it turns out to be, but at least it isn't concrete gray or wish-I-was-still-deployed tan.

No, Ford didn't "reach" or do anything out of the ordinary with the paint selections for Bronco. Very conservative approach and they probably couldn't have guessed how many reservations there would be or they could have made some "historic" color selections that were special for the Bronco. As-is, time will tell if Bronco customers are repeat buyers and they have a proper Jeep rival for decade(s) to come..... Paint pallet will get diversified, but not too far from fleet color catalog.

Good points. Sadly Ford picked the wrong 7 colors (technically 3 since you gotta offer the everyman colors of black, white, silver and gray).

I'm not sure if cactus gray is that special. It seems there are loads of that flattish / battleship gray color cars driving around.

Area 51 was a mistake. It is just gray with a subtle tint change.

When you line up all the grays, you can probably see the differences - which some committee likely did - and got the impression there were choices.

But sitting in a driveway, or worse during a storm, at dawn or at dusk, they all look like the color of the road. Dangerous and dull.

The reality is nothing is perfect and Fords color choices ensured no one will be 100% pleased with their purchase.