ayacht

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Expedition, F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had not seen this one here sorry if this is a repeat and I missed it. This one seems better than Z-Roads as you can remove all the roof panels with it on. Can carry a tent if that is your thing, but IMO the Gobi rack may be the best for carrying tents. This rack looks to be a good option for us not able to get a factory. It is a bit more than I need with those huge square aluminum cross bars. I contacted the company about the wind noise from those square rails. Anyone have one of these and want to comment on that? Mentioned a slimmed down model with smaller cross bars that of course would reduce load carry would be a welcome option for all us NON-Tent carriers. Also asked if they have any light bar compatibility info. None on the images on the site showed a lightbar so we will see how they are at responding to web inquires. Anyone with info about this company would welcome some help on them as they are new to me.

https://badasstents.com/product/2021-22-ford-new-bronco-full-size-roof-rack/
Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good find. I don't have my Bronco yet, but this I'll definitely consider this rack when I get it

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good find - I don't love the look/design of it but it APPEARS they offer the option every one has been looking for - a short, rear only rack similar to the fishing concept Bronco. Wonder what the weight rating is for the rear-only option.....

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow this is a great find. Hopefully get some more attention. It solves three humongous issues:

1) It increases dynamic and static loads.

2) It actually goes full length on a four door and doesn't look like they just fit a two-door version on it with the back shell barely covered.

3) They state that you can take off ALL the panels instead of only just the front ones like factory.

So the question is, I wonder if I should drop my factory rack... However I'm pretty sure I can sell it fairly easy :)

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

msujay2012

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok, I will be the pig. Does the hottie in the photos come with it? Maybe help me with the install?

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had not seen this one here sorry if this is a repeat and I missed it. This one seems better than Z-Roads as you can remove all the roof panels with it on. Can carry a tent if that is your thing, but IMO the Gobi rack may be the best for carrying tents. This rack looks to be a good option for us not able to get a factory. It is a bit more than I need with those huge square aluminum cross bars. I contacted the company about the wind noise from those square rails. Anyone have one of these and want to comment on that? Mentioned a slimmed down model with smaller cross bars that of course would reduce load carry would be a welcome option for all us NON-Tent carriers. Also asked if they have any light bar compatibility info. None on the images on the site showed a lightbar so we will see how they are at responding to web inquires. Anyone with info about this company would welcome some help on them as they are new to me.
I had some of the same questions. Regarding the wind noise, I'm guessing it'll be a hard-to-quantify "little bit louder". I had a Yakima system with the aero crossbars on a Ram 1500 that added some noise. Same for a factory BMW rack on an X5. The Badass crossbars aren't aero shaped, but they aren't very tall, which is good.

Regarding the light mounts, the Badass product description mentions that the crossbars have T-Slots and when I zoom in on the picture, it looks like two slots on top and one on the front, suggesting that nearly any horizontal or vertical bracket combined with a T-nut in the groove should work.

I have a big Yakima rocket box I want to put on and take off (i.e. no tent/occupant weight concerns), so I looked at both Yakima and Thule's sites to see if their configurators could help, but both said "Sorry" for a 21 Bronco. Yakima's did add that if you live in the Portland Oregon metro area, they'd love to talk to you (hint, hint for our Portlandia amigos).

Another option I've considered is waiting for factory rails and trying to pay with points, but that involves some unknowns (mainly the timeframe). Maybe I'll just buy t-shirts and sweatshirts with points, lol. And maybe you'll see me with a rocket box ratchet-strapped to the roof with an old blanket in between.

OP
OP
ayacht

ayacht

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Expedition, F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I contacted the company and they got back to me SAME DAY and answered all my questions. Here is the information.

Mark,
Happy Tuesday! Thanks for your interest in our brand, and all of your notes.

To comment on your thoughts:

• The Rack isn’t loud at all IMO, I didn’t hear much difference with or without.

• The kit comes unassembled, so you could not install of the bars if you think it’s a problem for your needs. It would reduce load as you mentioned.

• Yes, you can easily mount a light bar to the front bar, and we left a position to add 2 additonal bars. We’ll add these and the front wind deflector next week when we get final pics.

• You can remove both front and mid panels with our rack.

Hope this all helps. I’ll send you more details as the follow next wee, good?

Thank you,
Roger Davis
BadassTents.com
858-842-1855 x1001

Reply-To: HubSpot Forms <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 5:38 AM
To: Alondra Armenta <[email protected]>
Subject: New submission on HubSpot Form "Contact Us"

New submission on HubSpot Form "Contact Us"

Page submitted on: Contact Us - Badass Tents - rooftop tents for every outdoor adventure

Interest::
Product Inquiry

Question/Comments::
Interested in the your rack for a 4 door Bronco and have a few questions. First is not sure if you are aware of the lack of rack options so there is a huge opportunity not just for people who want to carry tents. I do not ever want to carry a tent. Concerned about the wind noise with all the square crossbars on yours. A lighter weight slimmed down more aerodynamic bar option model could be a good option. Could use the same side rails and should not need as many cross rails. Of course a reduced load capacity would come with it. Does this rack support the mounting of any known light bars? Looks to be setup wider to allow that but did not see any in the pictures shown. What is the wind noise from this rack? Concerned it will cause a major whistling as designed. Could be a great option for those screwed out of the factory rack option and there are a lot of us. Also the factory does not allow the removal of the middle panel. Huge bonus there.

View in HubSpot

This message was sent to [email protected] because you’re a user in the badasstents.com (Hub ID: 19915749) account. You can't unsubscribe from important emails about your account like this one. Want to change other notifications? Go to your preferences page.
HubSpot, Inc.
25 First Street, 2nd Floor
Cambridge, MA 02141
Sponsored