Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
  • Banned
What do you J**P people think the weight difference between the 2 door MIC with and without extra sound deadening will be? Do you think it will be worth the extra cost and handling weight? What is the expected noise reduction on a scale of 10. 0 being no top, 10 being MIC top with extra deadening. What number would MIC on, no extra sound deadening be? This is all just hypothetical, so please don't get too caught up in the details.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What do you J**P people think the weight difference between the 2 door MIC with and without extra sound deadening will be? Do you think it will be worth the extra cost and handling weight? What is the expected noise reduction on a scale of 10. 0 being no top, 10 being MIC top with extra deadening. What number would MIC on, no extra sound deadening be? This is all just hypothetical, so please don't get too caught up in the details.
I got to thinking today about whether or not it was worth it. Since half the year I'll have the top off completely. in the winter time I wonder if there isn't better insulation to hold the Heat?

Last edited:
OP
OP
edgeflyer

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
  • Banned
I'm not pinching pennies or really worried about the weight, but if MIC with no deadening is a 4-5, I'm just not sure it would be worth it. Most noise will hopefully be quailed by the extra insulation the High and Lux adds in the body.

JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Most of the Jeep sound deadening for the hardtops is boom mat, a 1" thick rubbery foam that's peel and stick. They say it can reduce sound by 3-4 decibels. I'd say it's around 4 lbs for a 2 door. It'll give you some insulation as well from heat and cold blasting the top.

Last edited:

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most of the Jeep sound deadening for the hardtops is boom mat, a 1" thick rubbery foam that's peel and stick. They say it can reduce sound by 3-4 decibels. I'd say it's around 4 lbs for a 2 door. It'll give you some insulation as well from heat and cold blasting the top.
For every 3 db it doubles so 3-4 db is pretty significant,

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s probably not worth it but I’m getting it anyway.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How do you guys know how loud it will be with or without the sound deadening? Do you have Broncos in your driveway?

Last edited:

JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For every 3 db it doubles so 3-4 db is pretty significant,
Oh wow didn't realize that. Keep in mind it's the manufactures claim, so who knows.

I never thought it was noisy at all with the hardtop on my Jeep, you get some wind buffeting off the windshield but it is shaped like a brick lol. The Bronco should be much better with further tilted back windshield.

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did some quick sound-deadening research the other day, and found some YouTube reviews for a company called HotHeads that make ones for Jeep.

(If what Ford is offering is similar to this, I'm not sure I can justify financing that stuff over the life of the loan. Looks like a pretty simple, straight forward install.)

I reached out to them to find out of they'll be making one for the Bronco. The owner replied, and said they plan to. And they have a WildTrak reserved, but will have to wait for the delivery in order to make their sound deadener to ensure fitment. BUT, he said that it'll only take them 1-3 weeks to get it figured out from there.

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did some quick sound-deadening research the other day, and found some YouTube reviews for a company called HotHeads that make ones for Jeep.

(If what Ford is offering is similar to this, I'm not sure I can justify financing that stuff over the life of the loan. Looks like a pretty simple, straight forward install.)

I reached out to them to find out of they'll be making one for the Bronco. The owner replied, and said they plan to. And they have a WildTrak reserved, but will have to wait for the delivery in order to make their sound deadener to ensure fitment. BUT, he said that it'll only take them 1-3 weeks to get it figured out from there.
I love this family! Great YouTube channel, and I think they said they will be getting a Bronco.

Sponsored

jmcl

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I added Hothead headliner to my Jeep and it made a considerable difference in sound and radiating heat. I will definitely add to my Bronco.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How do you guys know how loud it will be with or without the sound deadening? Do you have Broncos in your driveway?
Because we've been in vehicles with hard tops and no headliner?

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love this family! Great YouTube channel, and I think they said they will be getting a Bronco.
Agreed, excellent channel. I have yet to watch his wife's channel, but they're putting an LS in her jeep, so that is intriguing.

OP
OP
edgeflyer

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hense hypothetical. Some answers are not exact and are just a culmination of prior experience.

OP
OP
edgeflyer

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The heat reduction is a good point. Sold!
Sponsored