Sponsored

Another story of getting screwed by dealership(s)

Kamikazi_bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The dealership(Bell Ford, NJ) I have my reservation with, was bought by larger dealership(woodbridge ford NJ) group about 2 months ago. I noticed my $100 deposit was refunded so I went in yesterday to find out what was going on and if I need to make a new deposit to the new dealership & get some assurance on the sales price. However met with a rude manager who said they are new owners and they don't have to honor any agreement made by previous dealership. When my truck comes in I have to pay the msrp + going market adjustments (anywhere from 15k and up) like any other customer.
TO make things worse, I just recently got my build date for 11/15 (surprisingly the dealership is not aware of this) and I know I am not going to get it as I am sure the markup is going to be too high.

B6G Need some help on what to do?
1. Can I modify the order after I have a build date & Vin? Make it unbuildable so that it gets delayed to 2022my?
2. Call ford Customer service and get them to 99 my order? Then change dealership for 22?
3. Am royally screwed and so walk away? Make a new res
4. Any other options?
Sponsored

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Strip it. Base with no options.
Sux man, sorry.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Once you get a VIN you can't change anything but color.

As for new ownership not needing to honor previous agreements, that's not true at all. When you buy a business you buy their assets as well as their liabilities. The problem is you can't do anything to enforce that other than sue, and you can't sue unless you can demonstrate damages, and to do so you'd need to be able to demonstrate definitively that you had a buyer lined up for over MSRP yourself and proof in writing that the previous dealer had an agreed upon sales price (specifically an OTD price).

Once you've accomplished all this, you'll spend more on lawyers than you may or may not recover.

It's all a terrible system.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2. I’d start by calling Ford and ask what they can do (your item 1.) if that don’t work ask for help with your item 3. Well for item 4. That would land me in jail. So dont do that.

Your on the right track and I agree with your direction. YouTube video of their practice could hurt there ego, as long as you don’t lie about anything. I would use sales people’s faces and names.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2. I’d start by calling Ford and ask what they can do (your item 1.) if that don’t work ask for help with your item 3. Well for item 4. That would land me in jail. So dont do that.

Your on the right track and I agree with your direction. YouTube video of their practice could hurt there ego, as long as you don’t lie about anything. I would use sales people’s faces and names.
I don’t know if I’d include faces and names, that might open OP up to libel or slander…but I don’t know the law that well, so I could be wrong.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kamikazi_bronco

Kamikazi_bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Once you get a VIN you can't change anything but color.

As for new ownership not needing to honor previous agreements, that's not true at all. When you buy a business you buy their assets as well as their liabilities. The problem is you can't do anything to enforce that other than sue, and you can't sue unless you can demonstrate damages, and to do so you'd need to be able to demonstrate definitively that you had a buyer lined up for over MSRP yourself and proof in writing that the previous dealer had an agreed upon sales price (specifically an OTD price).

Once you've accomplished all this, you'll spend more on lawyers than you may or may not recover.

It's all a terrible system.
It's not worth the effort... It's just that I invest too many waking hours on this truck that it hurts to walk away and more importantly let the dealer reap the benefits. I could post video or negative comments but didn't seems like the manager cared much. He was very dismissive and rude considering this is the first time he was meeting me and didn't know anything about me while I was being very polite and factual in my conversation.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The dealership(Bell Ford, NJ) I have my reservation with, was bought by larger dealership(woodbridge ford NJ) group about 2 months ago. I noticed my $100 deposit was refunded so I went in yesterday to find out what was going on and if I need to make a new deposit to the new dealership & get some assurance on the sales price. However met with a rude manager who said they are new owners and they don't have to honor any agreement made by previous dealership. When my truck comes in I have to pay the msrp + going market adjustments (anywhere from 15k and up) like any other customer.
TO make things worse, I just recently got my build date for 11/15 (surprisingly the dealership is not aware of this) and I know I am not going to get it as I am sure the markup is going to be too high.

B6G Need some help on what to do?
1. Can I modify the order after I have a build date & Vin? Make it unbuildable so that it gets delayed to 2022my?
2. Call ford Customer service and get them to 99 my order? Then change dealership for 22?
3. Am royally screwed and so walk away? Make a new res
4. Any other options?
If you have a purchase order with the price, you have something to stand on. If not, then you're in a much tougher situation. I would talk to the general manager, not the sales manager, and discuss you're situation. I would also try to find out who is the overall manager or owner of the group, and try to talk to that person. Do a bit of digging to find out who is the highest person in the chain of command that you can talk to, and don't ask or talk to anyone in the sales department to get this information. It's possible the sales managers are doing this on their own, and the owner/stores manager isn't aware. That's your best shot. Also definitely talk to Ford customer service.

Is there just one other dealership in the group? Should be able to find who the owner is. Should be able to talk to the owner in that case. Owners are way more interested in goodwill and reputation than sales managers, who are interested in dollars and commissions. Most dealerships are fair and reputable, but not all are. Legally, they are bound by whatever was agreed on when you made your original deal with them, but it's another thing to legally force them to comply. Appeal to them as a good customer, and ask them to do the right thing. No threatening. Of course, if they don't comply, let them know you will be forced to explain what happened on every review source that is available. Maybe they'll care.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition Max, BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Kamikazi_bronco any updates? I have an order with the same dealer and I'm concerned. Who did you speak with there? thank you

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’d go to plan B- a big sign with - this dealership sucks, and then I would stand out in front of the dealership for 4 weekends straight.

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hard working American: This is BS!

Ford: 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kamikazi_bronco

Kamikazi_bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Kamikazi_bronco any updates? I have an order with the same dealer and I'm concerned. Who did you speak with there? thank you
No further updates. The person i talked to was John beleive. He didnt give me a last name or business card... they didnt entertain giving me a price until the vehicle was at the dealership.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition Max, BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm still trying to work through it with them. Not hopeful, they didn't recognize the order form I had as an agreement on a price (of course).

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No further updates. The person i talked to was John beleive. He didnt give me a last name or business card... they didnt entertain giving me a price until the vehicle was at the dealership.
Wow, just disgusting how desperate & wide-eyed these bottom feeders are to grab as much as they can.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We really need a master list of dealers that are trash (surprise ADM at delivery or reorder). The old dealer list is too out of date and it’s probably easier to track the known bad ones than the known MSRP or less ones.

OP
OP
Kamikazi_bronco

Kamikazi_bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm still trying to work through it with them. Not hopeful, they didn't recognize the order form I had as an agreement on a price (of course).
who are you talking to at the dealership?
Sponsored