Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I'll put my thoughts in bullets

• Went with the wife and she didn't feel "safe". Felt like it might roll over. Now she drives a BMW x3 and had a Mazda suv prior to this one. Both smooth rides. She also holds on for dear life anytime I'm behind the wheel
  • I ordered a sas 2.7 obx. This was a obx without sas. Well... after seeing it in person, I realize I do NOT need SAS. It's plenty high and the tires are big enough for me to get over any obstacle I ever plan to traverse. I'm about to change my order and save $4000. This decision didn't come easy. But I believe in only getting things I will absolutely use. It seems a little foolhardy I'd get SAS just for looks tbh. In photos the regular obx looks funny but in real life its a beaute Clark
  • I was a celeb for the 25 mins I had it. People were rolling down windows and giving me the nod of approval, etc. Pretty cool can't lie
  • Ok about the drive. It's no BMW. But man does it wanna get up and go. It audibly revs and you can feel it too. Unfortunately lansdale is inundated with 35 mph roads and the nearest real highway is 15 minutes away. I never made it to route 476 to push it to 60+mph and I regret that. But i was more interested in the stop and go feel and its quite adequate
  • It kind of leans when you make a 90 degree turn. I mean of course it does but it was noticeable when comparing to a BMX x3 for instance. This might have contributed to the wife feeling like we would tilt over
  • I was discombobulated at first but after 10 min and adjusting seat height, I felt "at home". I'm super excited to make this my daily
  • Soooo glad I got the larger screen. The 8 inch is tiny. I mean as far as screen sizes go *giggity*
  • Air conditioner pumps out more air than a 2019 BMWx3. That's a plus
  • I sit with my legs kinda spread. I'm not a big guy. 175 pounds 5'9. Fairly athletic build. But my cojones need to breathe know what I mean? Well my left knee laid a little uncomfortably against the door. The only "uncomfortable" thing about the vehicle. The rest of the cockpit is perfect
  • The bronze dash looks a lot better than I thought it would. Still sticking with navy pier though.
  • PLENTY OF HEADROOM
  • Road noise wasn't any worse than a BMW x3. Maybe that's just my imagination. I asked the wife how she felt and she said it's louder than her x3. So I don't really know for sure
  • Audio gets fairly loud. But there's zero bass. Remember this isn't the premium system with the sub. Hoping the sub adds decent bass. But I enjoyed just how loud the stereo could be. I wouldn't put it past 40% volume as with the top on, the volume there was definitely good enough. Clear too. I'm an audio guy so this was a big deal to me

Oh yeah and I couldn't change the GOAT mode while driving. I get why. You don't wanna flip through 4A and 4l while on a highway. I'm not sure technically if that's even possible for a vehicle to do while in motion. But I was used to in the x3 easily switching over to sport. I could only switch to sport when at a standstill

So I tried to share every raw thought and it may sound like lukewarm about the vehicle but I really just wanted to be honest to my b6g brethren. I absolutely LOVED the vehicle. But the test drive humbled me. I wasn't blown away
It solidified it as my obvious next vehicle and I'd want no other. But it wasn't something that knocked my socks off.

all in all, I love it
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wamland

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks Much. I keep waffling on the SAS for my OBX. I currently have it on order but really need to try it out in person. Iā€™m going to OffRodeo in a couple weeks Iā€™m sure that will solidify it for me.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Justin, I take it your wife has never ridden in a vehicle like the Bronco. I'm sure she'll get used to it. And, thanks for your opinions.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Huh. Almost everything thing you said is the exact opposite of how I feel. Once seeing a 4 door with Sasquatch I knew it was what has to happen. Turning was fine, stable, itā€™s fantastic at 70-90mph. Rides smooth. I got in and immediately felt at home with no adjustment.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was able to drive a Wildtrak today. Told the sales guy that Iā€™d have brought my boy had I known. He said, ā€œwell, letā€™s pick him upā€œ since I live only 15 minutes away. I moved my reservation from that dealer so I felt a bit guilty, though he didnā€™t seem to care.

pulled in to the driveway, fam came out, boy jumped in the front seat next to me and off we went. Just a great experience and yeah, those 35s were massive. 33s will be fine for me.

Sponsored

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
I test drove a Wild track for two hours today. Oh yeah, Monday Iā€™m adding Sasquatch to my build

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also getting loaded 4 dr OBX sas. Was hoping for it doubling as family duty. After test driving a stripped Wildtrak I realized that sas is worth every penny and waiting this long without it isnā€™t worth it. It felt like a very fun truck. Itā€™s a special vehicle and a head turner. Although My wife would feel incredibly uncomfortable driving it regardless of sas.

My big takeaway after test driving was that frankly I donā€™t want this to serve family duty. I donā€™t want to share it. I donā€™t want cereal and lollipops stuck to my seat. Could I have gotten a 2 door with cloth seats mid pack rather than a 4 door loaded sas and saved 15k? Probably. But I donā€™t really care. In some selfish way Iā€™m glad I went loaded and want to keep it to forever. Sure I loaded it up to have every creature comfort in preparation of being the family hauler, but when I drove the cloth Wildtrak with mid pack and soft top I kept thinking, ya know, forget sharing this. I could have dialed back my build and just kept this for personal use. Because the fun factor is not compromised.

already started shopping my wifeā€™s commuter sedan replacement to be a big suv for family duty. overall the bronco proposition is costing me a fortune to reconfigure my entire stable. But it must be done and you only live once

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Huh. Almost everything thing you said is the exact opposite of how I feel. Once seeing a 4 door with Sasquatch I knew it was what has to happen. Turning was fine, stable, itā€™s fantastic at 70-90mph. Rides smooth. I got in and immediately felt at home with no adjustment.
What vehicle(s) are you coming from and used to driving?
I Bet that makes a difference
I had to step up into the obx with regular tires, and that to me is a departure from what I'm used to..
I love sas don't get me wrong but I realize just how adequate for my uses the regular size tires were

Note: I owned a 2004 Ford focus, 2011 kia optima, and driving a 2019 BMW x3
Are you planning to go to the off-roadeo with the wife @Vigor? I think she would begin to get more comfortable with the Bronco body roll and eventually off camber situations.
I reserved to go early September. But she isn't coming with me. Have my Subaru buddy going as my plus+1

I don't need the wife to be enamored by the Bronco. I know she will learn to appreciate it in time when we have the top off, in the snow, on the way to trails, etc

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What vehicle(s) are you coming from and used to driving?
I Bet that makes a difference
I had to step up into the obx with regular tires, and that to me is a departure from what I'm used to..
I love sas don't get me wrong but I realize just how adequate for my uses the regular size tires were

Note: I owned a 2004 Ford focus, 2011 kia optima, and driving a 2p1o BMW x3
I have a 2019 challenger so Iā€™m not used to crawling into anything. Oh itā€™s totally for show lol but it looks good.

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 2019 challenger so Iā€™m not used to crawling into anything. Oh itā€™s totally for show lol but it looks good.
I hear you!

I was getting SAS totally for the looks too! But I guess that's my point. I was really impressed by the looks of the obx without SAS as well, and that really ate at me on the drive back home from the dealership

Getting better gas mileage, better acceleration, and saving 4k, didn't help with my conflicting thoughts either

I really hope I don't regret changing my order to remove SAS
Sponsored