First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have just got my production date for my Bronco, and have started shopping parts, because, of course. Im looking at wheels at the moment, and really like the ICON Rebound or rebound pro. But the sizing says for my fit, (2022 Badlands sasquatch) that the only sizes they have 17 X 8.5 +25ET which I assume is the offset. From what I've gathered, a 0 (zero) offset is the correct offset when buying wheels for this package. Yet I have also seen some rigs on here with the ICON wheels. Some even saying they have them in a 0 offset even though Icon does not list those as being compatible. Whats the REAL scoop here?
Ford Bronco Another wheel offset question... Screenshot (4454)
Sponsored

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotta fix this. Originally wrote the positive and negative backwards. ..as many pionted out. Thanks.

The offset you need will be dictated by the tires and the width of the rims. But your stock sas wheels will be +30 offset and 17x8.5. If the wheels you are looking at are really +25, then the wheels will be similar to stock.

The fitment guides might be crap for a few reasons. If the bore is bigger than your hub, they might list them as not fitting. But that would still work either with hubcentric rings or careful mounting.

Just remember this. 0 offset means the center of the wheel is on the same plane as the hub. Positive means they are tucked inside the wheel well more. Negative means they are sticking out.

If you don't want a lot of poke, your stock is +30. +20 to 0 will keep moving them out some. But once you get into the negative offsets, you are moving them way out, compared to stock. Some people like a lot of poke.

Hope i cleaned that up right.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SlowPoke

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't mind if they stick out a little more than the stock ones, but only a little. and inch or so. Whats with the different hub sizes mentioned? (93.1 or 95.1)? Those are also in the size options...

Last edited:

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have just got my production date for my Bronco, and have started shopping parts, because, of course. Im looking at wheels at the moment, and really like the ICON Rebound or rebound pro. But the sizing says for my fit, (2022 Badlands sasquatch) that the only sizes they have 17 X 8.5 +25ET which I assume is the offset. From what I've gathered, a 0 (zero) offset is the correct offset when buying wheels for this package. Yet I have also seen some rigs on here with the ICON wheels. Some even saying they have them in a 0 offset even though Icon does not list those as being compatible. Whats the REAL scoop here?
Ford Bronco Another wheel offset question... Screenshot (4454)
Two different answers seem relevant:

I believe that the +25 is the wheel offset that actually comes with a Sas equipped Bronco, and a standard Sas suspension; and

The "0" offset is what most upgraders choose to use, if they also plan to include other suspension upgrades.

A "0" offset puts a 12.5" wide tire, right near the edge of a Sas fender flare... and it allows for 2.5" and 3" coilovers.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The offset you need will be dictated by the tires and the width of the rims. But your stock sas wheels will be -30 offset and 17x8.5. If the wheels you are looking at are really +25, then the wheels will stick out 2.165" more than the stock wheels. That's a lot.

The fitment guides might be crap for a few reasons. If the bore is bigger than your hub, they might list them as not fitting. But that would still work either with hubcentric rings or careful mounting.

Just remember this. 0 offset means the center of the wheel is on the same plane as the hub. Negative means they are tucked inside the wheel well more. Positive means they are sticking out.

If you don't want a lot of poke, your stock is -30. -20 to 0 will keep moving them out some. But once you get into the positive offsets, you are moving them way out, compared to stock. Some people like a lot of poke.
This is all wrong. You switched Positive and Negative offset.

Here are the factory offsets:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/âš™-2021-bronco-oem-factory-rims-wheels-specs-sizes-offsets-bolt-pattern-center-bore-âš™.11893/

Offset Calculator/Comparison tool:
https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The offset you need will be dictated by the tires and the width of the rims. But your stock sas wheels will be -30 offset and 17x8.5. If the wheels you are looking at are really +25, then the wheels will stick out 2.165" more than the stock wheels. That's a lot.

Just remember this. 0 offset means the center of the wheel is on the same plane as the hub. Negative means they are tucked inside the wheel well more. Positive means they are sticking out.

If you don't want a lot of poke, your stock is -30. -20 to 0 will keep moving them out some. But once you get into the positive offsets, you are moving them way out, compared to stock. Some people like a lot of poke.
This is backwards. Negative moves out. Positive moves in

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I believe stock Base, Big Bend and Black Diamond are +55mm offset. Stock Badlands, Wildtrak and Sasquatches are all +30mm offset (not -30mm)

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't mind if they stick out a little more than the stock ones, but only a little. and inch or so. Whats with the different hub sizes mentioned? (91.3 or 95.3)? Those are also in the size options...
Here's a thread on hub bore. But I think you just need to know that the bronco hubs are 93.1.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bore-size.12350/
Anything bigger than that will work. Anything smaller will not.

Some folks recommend hub-centric or hub centering rings if your wheel bore is bigger than your hub. That is a ring that snaps into your wheel and then fits exactly over the hub. The risk without this is that your wheel is mounted a little off-center. That would be a nightmare of a ride and you'd know immediately.

Other people say to just tighten the lug nuts down slowly and in a star pattern and turn the tire while moving from lug to lug, and you'll get the wheel to center naturally.

The rings are cheap and take any guesswork out of the equation. But some people say they are a waste. When I bought my wheels and tpms sensors, the place threw the rings in for free.

OP
OP
SlowPoke

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's a thread on hub bore. But I think you just need to know that the bronco hubs are 93.1.

Some folks recommend hub-centric or hub centering rings if your wheel bore is bigger than your hub. That is a ring that snaps into your wheel and then fits exactly over the hub. The risk without this is that your wheel is mounted a little off-center. That would be a nightmare of a ride and you'd know immediately.

Other people say to just tighten the lug nuts down slowly and in a star pattern and turn the tire while moving from lug to lug, and you'll get the wheel to center naturally.

The rings are cheap and take any guesswork out of the equation. But some people say they are a waste. When I bought my wheels and tpms sensors, the place threw the rings in for free.
Interesting. I've build many a jeep and done plenty of wheels and tires, and I've never heard of this. Not saying its not true, just that I've never heard of it. with the proper bolt pattern, they should center properly, but I'll look into this!

OP
OP
SlowPoke

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks! That may be super helpful! does it matter which axle? Or do all the Broncos use the same axle, just with different gears?

Sponsored

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as the wheels hub bore is larger than the Bronco's you will be fine. I haven't had my wheels off yet but I had the same thing on my Miata with a larger hub bore on the wheel than the car. You can either get hubcenteric rings or just tighten the lug nuts properly and it will center itself.

These are the wheels I have.
Ford Bronco Another wheel offset question... 1660419869842

Ford Bronco Another wheel offset question... 1660420056032

OP
OP
SlowPoke

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As long as the wheels hub bore is larger than the Bronco's you will be fine. I haven't had my wheels off yet but I had the same thing on my Miata with a larger hub bore on the wheel than the car. You can either get hubcenteric rings or just tighten the lug nuts properly and it will center itself.

These are the wheels I have.

Those are the ones I was looking to get. Either those or the Pros. Cant argue with Street legal beadlocks! I don't think the Huchinsons are available for the Bronco.

OP
OP
SlowPoke

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the replies guys! alot of good info here! also, I was just watching a video by Vaughn Gittin Jr., on his RTR products, and he recommends that Sasquatch models have a 17X9 with "0" offset, and non-sas models 17X9 "30" offset.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Those are the ones I was looking to get. Either those or the Pros. Cant argue with Street legal beadlocks! I don't think the Huchinsons are available for the Bronco.
All bead locks are Street legal. They are just not DOT approved.
Sponsored