Sponsored

Answering the question: Do We Need The New Ford Bronco?

justinbmcbride

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a group of Bronco enthusiasts, we are all pretty well excited for these things to be in our driveways. I made this video to help those who might be struggling with why the Bronco exists. Pass it along to a Jeep fanboy to let them know that the Bronco isn't a Jeep Wrangler.
Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, I don’t want to support your YouTube channel.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry Justin agree with this as well. Exciting you got some exclusive access but please don't push this here.

Sponsored

Drunken Wisdom (END)

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry Justin agree with this as well. Exciting you got some exclusive access but please don't push this here.
Definitely in agreement with these posts...

And on a side note, it's kind of a stupid question. Nobody NEEDS anything, except for maybe 2 feet to walk with. 2 arms and hands would be nice as well. Oh, and some legs to attach the feet to. Basically we all probably need like 75% of our bodies. Unless some math wizard wants to prove to me that I can do with less 🤷‍♂️

Elmosaurus

Badlands
First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco 2dr BL & ‘22 Ranger SCrew Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the perspective of whether it’s a Jeep killer will be based entirely on the audience member deciding; in that if the person is a hard core rock crawler then, no, It won’t be.

But for the larger majority of people like myself where rock crawling is a smaller to nonexistent portion of our current projected use, the purported better handling manners for overall on and off road use will favor the Bronco as the better overall choice for most people.

And if the numbers of this larger majority end up far out scaling the dedicated rock crawlers, then it very well could be a defacto Jeep killer, since the Bronco is plenty capable on a fair amount of rock crawling challenges as shown recently at Moab.

In the end the diehard Jeep enthusiasts will keep the brand alive for a long while like they have for decades, so the good news is the consumer will have choices for a long time to come. :cool:

Thanks for the great video though, it’s great to see logical thought aside from the unbridled excitement that sometimes clouds our judgement. (y)

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Justin - Thanks for the video, I enjoyed it -

and for the rest of you above not wanting to support - don't watch it, or anything on youtube at all.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Awesome video my man! To address the sentiment up above, @Administrator maybe chime in as well, but bronco videos are about to be a lot more content filled. Up until this point it’s basically just been all b-roll and ride alongs. More “creator based” content will likely be the norm going forward, not sure how we address that whether it will just be in this subforum, or if there should be a separate subforum for creators.

Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome video my man! To address the sentiment up above, @Administrator maybe chime in as well, but bronco videos are about to be a lot more content filled. Up until this point it’s basically just been all b-roll and ride alongs. More “creator based” content will likely be the norm going forward, not sure how we address that whether it will just be in this subforum, or if there should be a separate subforum for creators.
If you want my vote - I would leave it here - many of us don't care where the content comes from, but simply appreciate other points of view, tips, and or info. I prefer to find things on the main forum rather than a subforum.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would argue against your comment that the Jeep is a more manual experience, more raw. I'd say my Badlands with 7MT manual transmission, and therefore no Trail Turn Assist or One Pedal Driving tech, is just as manual of an experience as Jeep. Also, the Auto Trans people can ignore those features, and have just as "raw" of an experience as an Auto Trans Jeep. Same deal with the 12" screen and trail cameras. Options that don't necessarily have to come into play, depending on driver preference. The Bronco simply has more options, to tailor driving experience.

Edit: Unless by Jeep being raw, you mean slow through the sand and dirt in comparison to the Bronco.

Last edited:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't see any issue with YouTube creators posting on the forum. Justin tends to have good content, so it's helpful.

If you're not into YouTube by now, just don't pay attention to it.

I notice guys on YouTube quoting Bronco6G all the time. This may have driven some traffic here, so cross pollination should be expected.

Also good for everyone to remember that every YouTube creator isn't a big marketing operation. Most are just normal guys just like you who go a step further than just having something to say on a forum and do so using a camera. Justin isn't a big $10 million a year channel.

Lets err on the side of playing nice and not being so mean to guys just trying to create content for everyone to enjoy.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good video Justin! I'll agree to a point about the jeep and rocks, the Dana 30 in a lot of the jeeps are not what I would call a good rock crawling axle.
I'm kind of happy that Ford used the IFS in the new Bronco as it will be my wife's vehicle. I have had F-250's and owned my 1974 for about 24 years and I know I don't want my wife DD a solid front axle.
You are correct, we need the Bronco. Keep motoring on and let the haters hate. (y)
Sponsored