First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 1923 Model T Racer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m looking to see if anyone has found a good mount for either tailgate or elsewhere for a UHF/VHf or CB antenna. I found a front mount one on eBay, but it’s not going to serve my needs with the size of the antenna I need for 2m and 70cm bands. It would be awesome for GMRS and while I do have a midland one, I’m not wanting to install it yet as I’d like to get my ham rig going. I’m running an ICOM 5100A. What’s nice about the 5100 is the separate faceplate, so radio body just goes under seat, and display can be attached to a mount off the dash or in my last truck off seat mount.

The options I’ve found are nice but unfortunately require you to spend hundreds of dollars more on their “accessory plate” or whatever instead of making something to just fit the tailgate or what have you. I do have the RC tire relocation and third brake light extension, so was trying to find something that would bolt there since now there is a nice gap. I had a rubicon last year and the options were plentiful! I don’t really have a means to fabricate anything. Perhaps something will come out in the future, but as long as I can mount an NMO connector it doesn’t matter.
Sponsored

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are some threads on here that show some antenna mounts for Jeep spare tire carriers will work, sometimes just by making the mounting bolt holes a little larger.

I fabricated my own out of some steel that came out decent (first time I've ever worked w/steel - an angle grinder, a cut-off wheel, and then a couple flappy sanding discs was all I needed - under $30 from HarborF). I made a paper template to match the upper to bolt holes on the carrier, cut the steel to match the template and then cut it to an appropriate width, and then made a 90 degree bend above the spare tire where the antennas sit. I was going to make a copy of the template and upload it here - I think others have already done so as well. If I can find the template I'll upload it along w/some pics of the mount.

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are some threads on here that show some antenna mounts for Jeep spare tire carriers will work, sometimes just by making the mounting bolt holes a little larger.

I fabricated my own out of some steel that came out decent (first time I've ever worked w/steel - an angle grinder, a cut-off wheel, and then a couple flappy sanding discs was all I needed - under $30 from HarborF). I made a paper template to match the upper to bolt holes on the carrier, cut the steel to match the template and then cut it to an appropriate width, and then made a 90 degree bend above the spare tire where the antennas sit. I was going to make a copy of the template and upload it here - I think others have already done so as well. If I can find the template I'll upload it along w/some pics of the mount.
Thanks man! I do have one from my JK still in a closet, it utilized the tire carrier bolts. Ima look at it when I get home see if I can make it work somehow. I just assumed it wouldn’t.

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My old 40M mount:

Ford Bronco Antenna mounts - UHF/VHF, CB etc PXL_20220413_033828856

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got this one, I haven’t installed it yet
Ford Bronco Antenna mounts - UHF/VHF, CB etc A3BEA560-7D32-4F99-A11E-21AE7A9405CC

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got this one, I haven’t installed it yet
Ford Bronco Antenna mounts - UHF/VHF, CB etc A3BEA560-7D32-4F99-A11E-21AE7A9405CC
If you don’t mind respond back when you can and let me know if it fits!

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mounted this antenna on a Rough Country tailgate reinforcement plate, working just fine so far.

I didn’t get the reinforcement plate now I feel like I’m regretting it lol. Is that a mobile mag mount or the one that fits over windows that you put in the slot?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored
OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Amazon. Clamps on rear door, works great for vhf and uhf.
Check this out!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PT44LSZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_ud_dp_68WSDJJR6NEWK2A4BZY0
Ford Bronco Antenna mounts - UHF/VHF, CB etc 16FACFAC-65C8-4DFA-8681-CA27FB7C4FBA

I use those Bingfu mounts. Have two : one for CB and one for HAM. They work great.

And to answer the question about paint:
There is a bit of foam under one side, and an aluminum bar that goes between the screws and surface on the other. I just cover it with felt that way I have no scratches on any surface.

I also made a handheld radio mount for my Maverick. I am trying to design a FITS adapter to use in the Bronco as well for those who prefer that route so they don't have to hardwire radios or run cables.

What the first version looks like in my Maverick is here:
An Even Better Handheld Radio Mount (And Then Some) Using Dashboard Cubby

I am working on making some FITS connector adapters to add FITS points in my Bronco for other stuff as well. One will go on the Archetype BYOD rail, and working on another to go on the console grab handle so the radio mount could be used in either location.
Sponsored