Sponsored

Anticipation for the New Bronco. Credit markets tightening (nervous Nelly)

GMan

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cayenne Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have had tons of different emotions waiting to hear more information on my reserve for the Outerbanks trim (2.7).

When I think about it it just makes me nervous, but more nervous that I would actually not follow through with the purchase. I can easily afford it, but with the economic environment we are in is it a wise choice? I guess until it comes time to go to the dealer I won't know what I will do. The Bronco looks awesome and the reviews are spot on, which keeps me from jumping ship.

IMO the economy will be fully revealed by December (Expected Dealer appointment) and then it will be decision time. Financially I can put down 10%, which is where the credit markets are moving buyers (IMO). Ford stock keeps going down, but I know if I don't get it there are hundreds of others who will gladly take my reserve. Lol.

I bet when I see it it will be impossible not buying this beast.
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just for argument's sake, it could go the other way.

I understand why big lenders are tightening up, but suppose the world gets breakthroughs in COVID19 treatment and vaccine efficacy. We could see a floodgates-opening style global economic boom when all of the consumers who had been social distancing decide they want to celebrate and blow their savings to treat themselves.

*I'm not usually optimistic, but when I am I prefer Dos Broncos

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think if you were to remove the pandemic, you'd have seen Ford's stock rise. However, given the times we are in I expect to see it bounce back in the next year or two. Bronco, Bronco Sport, F150, Mustang Mach E..... all just released and have gotten good reviews upon release. The kicker is none of them have hit the pavement yet so I'd sit tight and see what happens in a years time with the stock. This is all assuming we get back to some form of "normal" by then. ?

OP
OP
GMan

GMan

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cayenne Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just for argument's sake, it could go the other way.

I understand why big lenders are tightening up, but suppose the world gets breakthroughs in COVID19 treatment and vaccine efficacy. We could see a floodgates-opening style global economic boom when all of the consumers who had been social distancing decide they want to celebrate and blow their savings to treat themselves.

*I'm not usually optimistic, but when I am I prefer Dos Broncos
LOL!!

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have had tons of different emotions waiting to hear more information on my reserve for the Outerbanks trim (2.7).

When I think about it it just makes me nervous, but more nervous that I would actually not follow through with the purchase. I can easily afford it, but with the economic environment we are in is it a wise choice? I guess until it comes time to go to the dealer I won't know what I will do. The Bronco looks awesome and the reviews are spot on, which keeps me from jumping ship.

IMO the economy will be fully revealed by December (Expected Dealer appointment) and then it will be decision time. Financially I can put down 10%, which is where the credit markets are moving buyers (IMO). Ford stock keeps going down, but I know if I don't get it there are hundreds of others who will gladly take my reserve. Lol.

Just do what I’m doing and look as it as you are doing your part to help the economy the great thing is the bronco is American made

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My thoughts are 2021 is going to be competitive in that everyone is going to want the (hopefully) improved market. Banks and auto finance is going to want to move inventory as a must do with 2020 being a wash at best. I don't think rates will be too high as the appetite to sell will be greater. Do I think rebates will be available...not so much except for 2020 leftovers.

Terms of credit will depend on your credit situation. Auto loans seem to go thru a sub prime fallout every 5-7yrs and with this year's economy I can see some hard times if one is in a sub prime situation but outside of that probably not too bad.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why are most of my words on your post?

OP
OP
GMan

GMan

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cayenne Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just do what I’m doing and look as it as you are doing your part to help the economy the great thing is the bronco is American made
I did not think of it that way. Good suggestion, that may have convinced me.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
GMan

GMan

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cayenne Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just saying that I echo your thoughts.
I got it. At least we have a while to think about it. Hopefully by the time we go to the dealer we will be prepared to make a decisive decision one way or the other. The tipping point will be if the dealer tries to gouge me. If he tries I am walking.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got it. At least we have a while to think about it. Hopefully by the time we go to the dealer we will be prepared to make a decisive decision one way or the other. The tipping point will be if the dealer tries to gouge me. If he tries I am walking.
There are probably a few dealers on here to help reduce that stress.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No car, no object is more important than your peace of mind. If you are this anxious and worried about the economy and whether buying the Bronco is a financially sound decision you should absolutely NOT make the purchase. No harm in waiting. The Bronco is not going anywhere.

Don’t use arguments like you are helping the economy by buying it. Don’t convince yourself to making a decision you might regret.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depending on interest rates I’ll either finance the whole thing, or pay it all off. Maybe do a large down payment if it makes sense.

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I understand it (and this could change obviously), the order isn't when you're fully committing. Taking delivery is fully committing. So really you have until June to figure it all out. I'm in a similar situation where before all this I was good to go paying hard earned, long saved cash. Now things are more nebulous. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored