Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know there have been some questions about the noise in the soft top. Below are two phone measurements done with the soft top closed. The first was done at 60mph on a country road and the second was done at 80mph on the highway.

Screenshot_20210704-120521.png

Screenshot_20210704-125446.png
Sponsored

First Name
manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got a call this morning from my dealer. Was afraid to answer because I knew my Bronco was produced and being delivered soon. Good news the Bronco was delivered, bad news I had some details to work out before I could pick it up.

Was able to go and test drive today with my daughters. Everyone loved it! Super excited and a little nervous because it's my first SUV in awhile.

For those wondering it is Badlands 4 door in AMB. Power train is the 2.3L with the manual, optioned with the mid pack. Picture below and if anyone has any questions let me know, willing to help. First test will be taking it camping this weekend. Will post feedback on how it is.

Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue 2.3L Badlands 4-Door Manual Delivered! Screenshot_20210704-125446

Update 7/1

Was able to get everything lined up and take delivery! I have to say many thanks to serra Ford of Rochester Hills they were great to deal with the whole time and made everything nice and easy all the way to the end.

So went for a 20 mile or so drive to get acquainted after the pick-up. A couple minor issues with the electronics, I can't complete the Ford pass activation in the vehicle and wireless Android auto is only working on my work phone.

Initial impressions are very good. Power train is smooth and I am getting more used to the clutch and shifter. Coming from sporty cars it's not at that level but good for a truck. I did notice I was shifting down more often than in my car, was going up a slight incline at 50 in 5th and felt I had to downshift. I think once I get a couple hundred miles on it I will be more willing to just hammer down on the throttle instead of shifting.

Ride and steering are nice. Steering weight is on the lighter side. Ride is soft, the body rolls and plants and it is predictable.

I drove on streets and highways with the top back. It was good not much wind blowing in the front, I think the rear has a little more wind.

Interior is noce, I do have a small defect on the dash. It looks almost like it is 3D printed on some of the dash materials. Plenty of leg room and storage in the back. I like the MGV seats, design has a camo look and texture is nice.

The biggest thing is lots of attention. Probably talked to 15 people about it at the time I was there.

Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue 2.3L Badlands 4-Door Manual Delivered! Screenshot_20210704-125446

UPDATE July 6

Got back from a weekend of camping and being outside. Odometer is now showing just over 500 miles. I will hit on some of my longer term impressions.

Ride - still happy with it, did notice it can be a little harsh over expansion cracks. Happy with the damping and handling.

Power - More used to the gearing and power band now. I would say much happier, Bronco is geared long so just have to keep it down a gear to stay in the power. Buddy drove it and said he agreed it felt good. But we both thought the tach was useless, wish the analog speedo was a tach.

Storage and Utility - much better than my GTI. No, but overall good we were able to easily pack all our gear and it was only up to the fender line not super packed. Car got sandy and seats got wet but everything held up good. Only gripes are the door sills are large, painted and unprotected. Will be putting some clear film on them to protect from scratching. Doors are already scratched from putting water bottles in and out of the nets, very disappointing. I have an idea to add some protection.

Infotainment and sound system - honestly been one of the biggest let downs so far. Sometimes the infotainment works great and others time it is slow and unresponsive. I struggled to get my Ford pass app activated and to get android auto to work. The sound system is also mediocre. It lacks range and is very front heavy. This will probably be one of my first upgrades.

Soft Top - Love it! Need to invest in a sunscreen company because I am going to need a lot. Rear windows come out super easy. Though they also scratch really easy. Will be making a bag for storage because they are kind of pain once out. Going up and down is very easy and there is very little buffeting. Probably my favorite feature.

That's it for now will post more as I put more miles on it.

congrats and enjoy!

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think this is what you were looking for.

Absolutely! Not sure why I didn't get notified you when you responded....thank you.....I was u der thd impression the 2.3 was being built in Cleveland...🤔

CiNeverGlades

Big Bend
First Name
FOX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FORD BRONCO BB 7MT 4DR 2.3L CBNFBR GRY
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

UPDATE July 6

Infotainment and sound system - honestly been one of the biggest let downs so far. Sometimes the infotainment works great and others time it is slow and unresponsive. I struggled to get my Ford pass app activated and to get android auto to work. The sound system is also mediocre. It lacks range and is very front heavy. This will probably be one of my first upgrades.
Have you tried turning ON your Bluetooth, to connect the Ford Pass? After I downloaded the App & entering my VIN, I had to close the App, wait a few minutes, then Reopen Ford Pass & it worked. I found that I have to turn ON Bluetooth, anytime I need my phone to communicate with the Bronco.
Sponsored