Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got a call this morning from my dealer. Was afraid to answer because I knew my Bronco was produced and being delivered soon. Good news the Bronco was delivered, bad news I had some details to work out before I could pick it up.

Was able to go and test drive today with my daughters. Everyone loved it! Super excited and a little nervous because it's my first SUV in awhile.

For those wondering it is Badlands 4 door in AMB. Power train is the 2.3L with the manual, optioned with the mid pack. Picture below and if anyone has any questions let me know, willing to help. First test will be taking it camping this weekend. Will post feedback on how it is.

IMG_20210630_214810.jpg
What was your initial impression of the 2.3L paired with the manual?
Sponsored

NewToBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Volvo S60, 2012 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Curious to get your impressions of the interior sound with the soft top. Congrats and thanks.

Jroub21

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor ‘17 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Beautiful!
What I wouldn’t give to see this interior side by side with a BD Sas to see if any differences in quality. I know the mgv seats are gray vs black, and the accent color is different, the gauge cluster is the same now after originally BL being billed as the ’higher’ instrument panel. but there’s got to be something else with the door, dash, console molding? Any one have any in on this? I search constantly for this…..help!
sorry not meaning to hijack the thread.

jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great looking ride. Congrats and enjoy👍

OP
OP
Berwolf

Berwolf

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got a call this morning from my dealer. Was afraid to answer because I knew my Bronco was produced and being delivered soon. Good news the Bronco was delivered, bad news I had some details to work out before I could pick it up.

Was able to go and test drive today with my daughters. Everyone loved it! Super excited and a little nervous because it's my first SUV in awhile.

For those wondering it is Badlands 4 door in AMB. Power train is the 2.3L with the manual, optioned with the mid pack. Picture below and if anyone has any questions let me know, willing to help. First test will be taking it camping this weekend. Will post feedback on how it is.

IMG_20210630_214810.jpg

Update 7/1

Was able to get everything lined up and take delivery! I have to say many thanks to serra Ford of Rochester Hills they were great to deal with the whole time and made everything nice and easy all the way to the end.

So went for a 20 mile or so drive to get acquainted after the pick-up. A couple minor issues with the electronics, I can't complete the Ford pass activation in the vehicle and wireless Android auto is only working on my work phone.

Initial impressions are very good. Power train is smooth and I am getting more used to the clutch and shifter. Coming from sporty cars it's not at that level but good for a truck. I did notice I was shifting down more often than in my car, was going up a slight incline at 50 in 5th and felt I had to downshift. I think once I get a couple hundred miles on it I will be more willing to just hammer down on the throttle instead of shifting.

Ride and steering are nice. Steering weight is on the lighter side. Ride is soft, the body rolls and plants do it is predictable.

I drove on streets and highways with the top back. It was good not much wind blowing in the front, I think the rear has a little more wind.

Interior is, I do have a small defect on the dash. It looks almost like it is 3D printed on some of the dash materials. Plenty of leg room and storage in the back.

PXL_20210701_214052027.jpg

PXL_20210701_214059866.jpg

PXL_20210701_214110347.MP.jpg
Sorry @Berwolf, I meant parts content sticker. It's usually on the opposite side from window sticker.....
I think this is what you were looking for.

PXL_20210702_004723537.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Berwolf

Berwolf

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome! Where is the camping spot? Just got back from Fisherman's Island up near Charlevoix.
Where are you camping, I have a decent knowledge of trails in some areas, happy to make suggestions. You can PM me if you like.
Going to be at sleeper state park in port Austin this weekend. Haven't been before but it looks nice. I looked up ORV trails in the area and nothing came up. If I can't find anything there will plan a trip to the new Holley ORV park.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beautiful!
What I wouldn’t give to see this interior side by side with a BD Sas to see if any differences in quality. I know the mgv seats are gray vs black, and the accent color is different, the gauge cluster is the same now after originally BL being billed as the ’higher’ instrument panel. but there’s got to be something else with the door, dash, console molding? Any one have any in on this? I search constantly for this…..help!
When they did the tour here, I saw them at the Lemay museum. One OBX and one BD. The BD dash top and the tops of the doors were noticably unpadded plastic with a different texture/graining. I think this is the distinction, not the instrument *cluster* around the speedometer.
Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue 2.3L Badlands 4-Door Manual Delivered! BE905832-A96F-41CA-880B-F01821AED440

Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue 2.3L Badlands 4-Door Manual Delivered! B4BC899E-28A4-476C-8CEC-9C01269D328C

Black Diamond (above)
Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue 2.3L Badlands 4-Door Manual Delivered! E1F46201-ED6A-449E-B73D-48E9F81D4DD7

OBX
Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue 2.3L Badlands 4-Door Manual Delivered! 6D6A32DF-1E48-43D9-A0B4-9EC6DE0F8B2E

OBX
Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue 2.3L Badlands 4-Door Manual Delivered! 6B81DFB5-1DD8-4745-AF7A-5AF2947065E4

OBX

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going to be at sleeper state park in port Austin this weekend. Haven't been before but it looks nice. I looked up ORV trails in the area and nothing came up. If I can't find anything there will plan a trip to the new Holley ORV park.
I think that’s one area that doesn’t really have any dedicated trails. Osscoda is probably the closest (I am at my cabin on Tawas). I am definitely interested in hitting up Holly Hills when I get my Bronco as well. Not been inside, but I checked it out prior to opening.

Jroub21

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor ‘17 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When they did the tour here, I saw them at the Lemay museum. One OBX and one BD. The BD dash top and the tops of the doors were noticably unpadded plastic with a different texture/graining. I think this is the distinction, not the instrument *cluster* around the speedometer.
Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue 2.3L Badlands 4-Door Manual Delivered! 6B81DFB5-1DD8-4745-AF7A-5AF2947065E4

Black Diamond

Black Diamond (above)

OBX

OBX

OBX
I love you. Thank you. This is what’s pushing me to go BL no Sas (due to budget). That little nicer interior I think would be worth it over the BD.

Td3

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Congrats and thanks for posting! I ordered AMB (BD but thinking of switching to BL) and your photos reinforce that decision - looks really good. How is the quality of the soft top?

Enjoy the new ride!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Berwolf

Berwolf

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beautiful!
Based on the photos I have seen they are the same with the exception of some of the colors. My badlands has hard plastic and MGV, there is no soft touch.

OP
OP
Berwolf

Berwolf

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats and thanks for posting! I ordered AMB (BD but thinking of switching to BL) and your photos reinforce that decision - looks really good. How is the quality of the soft top?

Enjoy the new ride!
Soft top quality looks really good. I did notice the back side windows are already showing scratches just from the dealership wash. That is disappointing. The latches are tight and the ease of opening is very nice. Plan to take out the rear windows and front doors today to get that full open air feel.

Jroub21

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor ‘17 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Based on the photos I have seen they are the same with the exception of some of the colors. My badlands has hard plastic and MGV, there is no soft touch.
Shoot…. I bet you’re right. BL and BD are the same interior due to the MgV and lined washout interior maybe? Some creature comforts (resting your arm on some sort of padding) would be nice.

OP
OP
Berwolf

Berwolf

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shoot…. I bet you’re right. BL and BD are the same interior due to the MgV and lined washout interior maybe? Some creature comforts (resting your arm on some sort of padding) would be nice.
Just to clarify the arm rest in the door and center console are foam covered in MGV. Also the gray around the door handle is soft.

PXL_20210702_132023014.jpg

Jroub21

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor ‘17 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just to clarify the arm rest in the door and center console are foam covered in MGV. Also the gray around the door handle is soft.

Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue 2.3L Badlands 4-Door Manual Delivered! PXL_20210702_132023014
So BL does have a padded upper on the door unlike the BD
Sponsored