Pro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thank you for making this video. I'm 110% on the AMB w/ white top, grille and trying to decide on maybe wheels too. What game is this that you used to make these vids? Sorry if I missed that already. Thanks!
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First off thank you for the video. It helps.

But with that said... F that!! I JUST WANT A BLUE! I don't want some magical fairy dust color that changes from every angle, just Blue. See Exhibit A (below)

1600789690794.png
haha same. Iā€™m set on AMB and have been for a couple months now. But Iā€™d take a normal dark blue over some magical flip flop color. My concern being that it may feel kinda douchey after awhile like I have a custom two tone paint. Iā€™m a dark blue car guy, but certainly not a custom chameleon paint car guy.

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great job! How hard is it to add new vehicle models to the game, and is it possible for a player to do or just the developers? I know one other guy purchased a 6g model on this forum and was colorizing it for people, presumably in Maya or some other 3d modeling program.

TheWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Silverado HD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not Ford, but my new 2019 Z71 in black was good quality with less orange peel than i see on most new stuff (and considerably less than what is on the Wrangler!!). I went ahead and clay barred it, washed it, wiped it down, and put two applications of ceramic coating on it.
The dirt and grime doesn't immediately fall off the rear bedside extensions behind the tires, but it does after a rain or a quick spray with a water hose.
IT's funny to see because I did not treat the chrome bumper on the rear, and just yesterday my wife pointed out the dirt on the bumper leading edge and the absence of it on the paint.
Regardless of fresh factory paint I would clay bar it at a minimum, paint correction as needed before any synthetic coating.
I can tell you from looking at units on the lot at Ford lately, I am very much impressed by the quality and clarity of the paint. I didn't see any flaws this past weekend, and looked at probably a dozen F150's in various colors.
The flat gray (Leadfoot) did have hard water spots on it that the other colors did not have, but that is more than likely a detailing issue and not a clear coat/color issue.

Thanks for the great reply!

I put a ceramic coating on my Chevy SS when I got it (C quartz after wash, clay iron decontamination, and paint correction) and its AMAZING. WELL worth the time investment up front.

I think I will try the graphene this time.

Do you, or anybody, know how these are transported to various spots in the country (rail vs. trailered etc?). Just trying to find out if there will be a ton of iron contamination.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the great reply!

I put a ceramic coating on my Chevy SS when I got it (C quartz after wash, clay iron decontamination, and paint correction) and its AMAZING. WELL worth the time investment up front.

I think I will try the graphene this time.

Do you, or anybody, know how these are transported to various spots in the country (rail vs. trailered etc?). Just trying to find out if there will be a ton of iron contamination.
Not sure. I know the vehicles around here are transported by rail to a local yard (probably 10k vehicles there) and distributed from there to dealers. I haven't seen any adverse effects on anything because of it. The cars are all enclosed well during transport.
Let me know how the graphene works. I also used the C quartz on mine and was surprised at how easy it was to apply and remove.

Sponsored

KC8

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base

I made this video to give everyone an idea about how Antimatter Blue will look in real life. Still photos will never give this color justice. (The video is an approximation rendered in a video game)

If you have ever seen Magma Red, Antimatter Blue is probably the blue version of that color.
Antimatter Blue is my color of choice. Forget build and Price, I am ready to order.

Admin Addendum: For further reference, also see the recent Ford paint sample page video:

Nice vid show us the Cyber Orange? How it was created because far off it looks yellow as well like everyone thought until you walk close than itā€™s orange ?

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a badass color on that Bronco and will look great on the new one. I kind of wish they gave the Bronco the Ford Performance Blue for the Bronco, it would look really good. Maybe the Raptor or Warthog will get it hopefully.

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't understand the science here on how it is actually tied the render to what AMB will look like in real life. Did I miss where he grabbed the color from an AMB paint sample and used that as the base of his render? (I probably did :\)

It looks like the creator rendered a random blue (or purple-blue) base coat with a black top coat so it would look like a blue to black transition based on the light. But this is not necessarily anything like what AMB itself will look like.

I'm very skeptical that AMB will actually get that bright and saturated blue in full sun. (But i certainly wouldn't mind if it did!)

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't understand the science here on how it is actually tied the render to what AMB will look like in real life. Did I miss where he grabbed the color from an AMB paint sample and used that as the base of his render? (I probably did :\)

It looks like the creator rendered a random blue (or purple-blue) base coat with a black top coat so it would look like a blue to black transition based on the light. But this is not necessarily anything like what AMB itself will look like.

I'm very skeptical that AMB will actually get that bright and saturated blue in full sun. (But i certainly wouldn't mind if it did!)
The science is he used a video game to choose the colours that might look close to AMB. It's only to give an idea of what it might look at. He literally said it was an approximation.

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The science is he used a video game to choose the colours that might look close to AMB. It's only to give an idea of what it might look at. He literally said it was an approximation.
Right, but i think most people are taking it as this is what AMB will actually look like based on the post's title and people's responses so far.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you for your work making the video. I hope AMB is a little darker and a little less purple than what you did, I wonder is you could remove some red tint would that do it? It is very close to AMB. I just don't want to drive anything that looks purple-ish

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's wrong with dark? I even said in the video it's going to be dark, and looks black most of the time. "Black edged in blue".
Nothing , Dark paints matter.
I like it, just clarifying for the internets that the pics I posted , although pretty decent quality, do not show how dark that particular paint is in person. Close, but honestly, I can see how hard that color would be to capture.
The pics show a lot more "Blue" than what I saw in real life.

Usually, I post pics from the F150 reveal, but I don't know when one of those will be able to be seen in person ...... the Yota however, is on lots right now, and by my speculation based on the real life reveal pics, is very close in color and effect to how the AMB will be.
Stop by and check one out. It's an outstanding color.

Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue - 3D demo of color shifting / flip flopping on Bronco body 1600828760803

Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue - 3D demo of color shifting / flip flopping on Bronco body 1600828785466

Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue - 3D demo of color shifting / flip flopping on Bronco body 1600831865619

Last edited:

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs