Funkdoobiest

First Edition
First Name
Joel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
I wouldn’t want power seats in a 2-door. Much faster to pull the seat forward for rear seat access manually. The only thing I’ll miss is the memory seats, which I don’t think is an option on any trim. Since there isn’t a memory seat option, what’s the point of power seats?
Power seats (unless memory) are such an annoyance when people of different sizes use the car. My wife is 5'5" and I'm 6'2". Not that huge a diff but everytime I have to get in after she uses the car I have to stand outside while I wait for the seat to go back. They should come out with a hybrid power/manual seat. Pull the lever for quick adjust and power for fine tuning.

Advertisement

WatchYourSix

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Taurus
AE468EFA-4E33-45EB-B51B-491C247DDC00.jpeg

Don’t have an owner’s manual handy, but the wheel control might be for tilt. Might just be for height. Either one would handy to get a comfortable seating position. But I guess if you are set on power seats you will have to choose a trim that has that option.
I believe the wheel is for lumbar adjustment, based on other Ford vehicles I've owned/driven.

Thunderpriest

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevrolet Impala
Love the pics!
I have a 4-Dr Outer Banks reserved, and I am going with AMB. I was concerned, bsaed on other pics that I had seen, about the color of the MIC top clashing with the paint. (I still would prefer the gloss black top.)
But these pics put me at ease. The MIC looks pretty good with the AMB!!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
AE468EFA-4E33-45EB-B51B-491C247DDC00.jpeg

Don’t have an owner’s manual handy, but the wheel control might be for tilt. Might just be for height. Either one would handy to get a comfortable seating position. But I guess if you are set on power seats you will have to choose a trim that has that option.
The Knob is to adjust the lumbar in the lower backrest. The lever to the right is for raising and lowering the seat height. The arm furthest right adjusts the backrest tilt. Nothing to adjust the tilt of the seat cushion. I like the seat tilted back and the backrest fairly upright. I had this setup in a 14 F-150 Tremor. I got used to it, but is wasn't really ideal.

They just updated B & P today to include power seats on the black/roast in Outer Banks and also leather on some other trims. I guess Ford was really listening.

Last edited:

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, babysitting a v8 4runner
The Knob is to adjust the lumbar in the lower backrest. The lever to the right is for raising and lowering the seat height. The arm furthest right adjusts the backrest tilt. Nothing to adjust the tilt of the seat cushion. I like the seat tilted back and the backrest fairly upright. I had this setup in a 14 F-150 Tremor. I got used to it, but is wasn't really ideal.

They just updated B & P today to include power seats on the black/roast in Outer Banks and also leather on some other trims. I guess Ford was really listening.
I am amazed that Ford used the control the furthest from the lumbar to adjust the lumbar. I suspect that Ford has many amazements ready for me.

Collin_Cope

Outer Banks
First Name
Collin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition, Ford Explorer
Clubs

It was my understanding that the Outer Banks had painted body-colored fender flares? Did I make that up, or has that been changed, or is it now an option?
Once you move to Sasquatch Package it removes the matching fender flares... which is my biggest frustration

Collin_Cope

Outer Banks
First Name
Collin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

It was my understanding that the Outer Banks had painted body-colored fender flares? Did I make that up, or has that been changed, or is it now an option?
Once you move to Sasquatch Package it removes the matching fender flares... which is my biggest frustration

bluezombi

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis Pierre
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Clubs

Im debating if i lift and put 35" afterward to keep the flares or if i take the sas package and wait to take color flares since they are apparently easy to replace

Collin_Cope

Outer Banks
First Name
Collin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Im debating if i lift and put 35" afterward to keep the flares or if i take the sas package and wait to take color flares since they are apparently easy to replace
Ive decided to go no Squatch and lift it/35”em - I can’t stand the AMB with those fat grey flares, looks great on lighter colored models but not what I want. I’m not going to be hardcore off-roading really Ever but I like the stance and will Opt for my choice of tires, lift later. I honestly don’t love the squatch wheels tbh. I think the OB wheels will look much better with beefier tires

nminus1

Base
First Name
Henry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax and Ford Bronco in 2021

The seat bottom goes up and down, the back tilts forward and back, the whole seat moves fore and aft, and there is a lumbar adjustment??!! So tell me why again would I spend 5k or more for an electric seat?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
The seat bottom goes up and down, the back tilts forward and back, the whole seat moves fore and aft, and there is a lumbar adjustment??!! So tell me why again would I spend 5k or more for an electric seat?
Not sure about you, but it's important to me. The feature missing is the seat bottom doesn't tilt. Sitting flat is uncomfortable for me. Not sure where you got the $5k from?? The price is $2195.

Advertisement

Advertisement