Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My first new car was a ‘00 Contour SVT. Very cool car at the time. The interior was a special midnight blue a lot like am blue. New it looked cool, but on a bright day with the doors open it turned purple and kinda looked… un-masculine.
Learned to drive manual on a '96 contour. Loved that V6. Sweet little sport sedan hardly anyone knew about.
I also owned a '96 Contour SE (technically the wife's car). From back in the days when Ford made cars, and with a manual transmission no less (the most rubbery-feeling shifter I've ever used, but still)! Really fun car overall. First car I owned with ABS, traction control, etc. as well. It was fun to drive that car up north and let the electronic systems fight each other. Hit "resume" on cruise control, see what happened as the car accelerated needed to engage traction control. :) It was also governed at something like 115 mph, though. :(
Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Contour was a pretty cheap car in retrospect, but the SVT made a vast improvement. It had the highest percentage of male buyers of the SVT vehicles at the time (Cobra & Lightning). It also sounded great.

OP
OP
Lewisj41

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

To bump this thread. I added an additional image of the AMB to the orginal post.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
KC...I'll add my thanks for all you're contributing. Let me ask your opinion of the 2-door MIC top - which will be the only top you can get in Base, BB, & BD. Did you think the AMB/MIC pairing came off well???

Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue Bronco Preproduction First Look! 4 Door Big Bend Model 1602628340262

Sponsored

American Sender

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The molded in Gray Top just seems to put antimatter to sleep. Needs a white top to give it some pop. The gray top will probably work on the brighter colors.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man.

The pairing of 1. Today’s confirmation of no white top, and 2. Photo after photo of bad AMBs, I’m not sure if I should continue to stick with my gut. Feel like im taking a gamble and also going through the hassle of getting the top professionally painted. I still think seeing this in person may blow me away. But for now there are too many dull photos lingering out there that I can’t commit with seeing it in person and visualizing the end game with a custom painted white top. Just too many hoops to jump through.

Unfortunately, it seems that lighter colors frankly show better. I can’t deny that. I like Area 51, but it doesnt seem like a mature enough color for me to want to keep the car for 10+ years as I get older. Velocity blue is not for me at all. Carb gray with a black top is next up, followed by iconic silver with a black top. But going neutral is super deflating right now.

Net result is im undecided until I could track down an AMB F150 in person next month.

30ips

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ugh. I love the color even more. And hate the top even more.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Legend - the Bronco Brand Manager, Esteban said no white tops for MY21. Have you seen a single pre-prod white mod top?If the answer is no, have you seen any/many gloss black and body matched mod tops (just as a reference point for comparison).

sounds like we aren’t getting it.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We did trademark a name that would go nicely with a green. Let me give you that little nugget.
Everglades. Got it. Outfitters isn't nearly as good.
Sponsored