BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 13 Explorer XLT, 97 Jeep Wrangler
Thanks! This post should be plastered on the front page of the forum. You guys are making it happen. So many people are complaining and being tit for tat but they should take a step back and realize how awesome this collaborative effort is from you and everyone else. This will be a huge volume seller and being on the front lines is history in the making. Thanks again for the updates.

X2 !!

and well said. (y) (y)

Advertisement

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Any chance of getting one of these AMBs outside in some sunlight ? I don’t think this pic is doing it justice. The AMB Bronco frame pic outside looks amazing. Not too dark. No purple

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Integra, '09 335i, '94 VFR, '04 SV
My first new car was a ‘00 Contour SVT. Very cool car at the time. The interior was a special midnight blue a lot like am blue. New it looked cool, but on a bright day with the doors open it turned purple and kinda looked… un-masculine.
Learned to drive manual on a '96 contour. Loved that V6. Sweet little sport sedan hardly anyone knew about.
I also owned a '96 Contour SE (technically the wife's car). From back in the days when Ford made cars, and with a manual transmission no less (the most rubbery-feeling shifter I've ever used, but still)! Really fun car overall. First car I owned with ABS, traction control, etc. as well. It was fun to drive that car up north and let the electronic systems fight each other. Hit "resume" on cruise control, see what happened as the car accelerated needed to engage traction control. :) It was also governed at something like 115 mph, though. :(

Murph914

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F350; 2014 650i
The Contour was a pretty cheap car in retrospect, but the SVT made a vast improvement. It had the highest percentage of male buyers of the SVT vehicles at the time (Cobra & Lightning). It also sounded great.

OP
Lewisj41

Lewisj41

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 bronco, 2017 tacoma, 2008 Rubicon
Clubs

To bump this thread. I added an additional image of the AMB to the orginal post.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Just saw a Anti Matter today in better lighting
KC...I'll add my thanks for all you're contributing. Let me ask your opinion of the 2-door MIC top - which will be the only top you can get in Base, BB, & BD. Did you think the AMB/MIC pairing came off well???

1602628340262.png

American Sender

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
The molded in Gray Top just seems to put antimatter to sleep. Needs a white top to give it some pop. The gray top will probably work on the brighter colors.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 S60 T6 AWD / 2018 Subaru Outback Limited
Man.

The pairing of 1. Today’s confirmation of no white top, and 2. Photo after photo of bad AMBs, I’m not sure if I should continue to stick with my gut. Feel like im taking a gamble and also going through the hassle of getting the top professionally painted. I still think seeing this in person may blow me away. But for now there are too many dull photos lingering out there that I can’t commit with seeing it in person and visualizing the end game with a custom painted white top. Just too many hoops to jump through.

Unfortunately, it seems that lighter colors frankly show better. I can’t deny that. I like Area 51, but it doesnt seem like a mature enough color for me to want to keep the car for 10+ years as I get older. Velocity blue is not for me at all. Carb gray with a black top is next up, followed by iconic silver with a black top. But going neutral is super deflating right now.

Net result is im undecided until I could track down an AMB F150 in person next month.

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 grand cherokee, 2002 e250 4x4,
KC...I'll add my thanks for all you're contributing. Let me ask your opinion of the 2-door MIC top - which will be the only top you can get in Base, BB, & BD. Did you think the AMB/MIC pairing came off well???

1602628340262.png

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earlier today I walked around the same Bronco pictured, just as if I was taking the picture! First my thoughts on AMB, initially not that impressed, now with better lighting, it is growing on me, as it is a well bodied color and actually very rich looking. As far as coupling it with the MIC, I would have "no" problem parking it in my driveway, others would say it doesn't match, which it doesn't one is glossy deep blue sheet metal, the other is a satin gray composite. Just like different trim levels or grilles, everyone has there own opinion/desires. Have you noticed how many different combinations of colors and tops are on jeeps, I think it looks good, and I think painted tops look good too, and matching fender flares, "BUT" I would never take those options "WHEELIN" Once again the Bronco pictured is a very nice one.

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earlier today I walked around the same Bronco pictured, just as if I was taking the picture! First my thoughts on AMB, initially not that impressed, now with better lighting, it is growing on me, as it is a well bodied color and actually very rich looking. As far as coupling it with the MIC, I would have "no" problem parking it in my driveway, others would say it doesn't match, which it doesn't one is glossy deep blue sheet metal, the other is a satin gray composite. Just like different trim levels or grilles, everyone has there own opinion/desires. Have you noticed how many different combinations of colors and tops are on jeeps, I think it looks good, and I think painted tops look good too, and matching fender flares, "BUT" I would never take those options "WHEELIN" Once again the Bronco pictured is a very nice one.
The molded in Gray Top just seems to put antimatter to sleep. Needs a white top to give it some pop. The gray top will probably work on the brighter colors.
White tops are kind of polarizing some people have to have them, others don't see the fuss, DECISIONS,DECISIONS

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 S60 T6 AWD / 2018 Subaru Outback Limited
Legend - the Bronco Brand Manager, Esteban said no white tops for MY21. Have you seen a single pre-prod white mod top?If the answer is no, have you seen any/many gloss black and body matched mod tops (just as a reference point for comparison).

sounds like we aren’t getting it.

Advertisement

Advertisement