Lanman12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Swede
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drop this gray, it’s so bad. Pretty sure it’s just the lighting... praying it’s just the lighting
Sponsored

Reactions: jxc

O-=====-O

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I knew people were going to rule this colour out when it was photographed in the factory.

Wait until we can see a full build outside and then make a decision.

Like most other colours we have seen, and the ones we will see, will not be fully represented under these lights.

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue Bronco Preproduction First Look! 4 Door Big Bend Model 1602263901454

I guess I'm the only one that wants to see CARBONIZED GRAY.

angrygrizzlybear

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We asked we shall receive. Can't wait to open up the flood gates here....

Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue Bronco Preproduction First Look! 4 Door Big Bend Model 1602263901454
Definitely too dark for me, but putting it against the black bronco really causes the blue to come through. A lot better looking then I originally thought.

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so what i'm trying to understand is what are they doing with these preproduction vehicles? Are they just building for the purpose of making sure the building process goes smoothly and testing? Or are these vehicles they will be sending to dealerships?

Sponsored

jmoney

Big Bend
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Best grill IMO
I feel like the sleeper pick and my current build option will be Cactus Grey 4 door Big Bend w/ Hard Top. The grey hard top or black would look good w/ this scheme and grill. Bonus if they allow white (I'd probably then paint the grill white).

I just need an option somewhere between the tires and rims shown and beefier tires / black rims. If the only way to do that is 5k for squatch, I'll have to go after market and put a 2 inch lift as well. I figure that might cost 2k rather than the 5k, plus I'll have a set of tires and rims to sell or as backup.

In this way I feel like the Big Bend is a big hack that people aren't realizing.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sometimes the B pillar looks gray, sometimes black, what is going on? Ford, can we just have matching door hardware, fenders and tops?
I knew people were going to rule this colour out when it was photographed in the factory.

Wait until we can see a full build outside and then make a decision.

Like most other colours we have seen, and the ones we will see, will not be fully represented under these lights.
They're probably using some wacky LEDs in the factory. You are right - gotta see it outside. And really, you have to see it in person. Between the camera, image processing, and your computer dispay you cannot trust the color rendition.

Builtdadbodtough

Big Bend
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wtf.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
so what i'm trying to understand is what are they doing with these preproduction vehicles? Are they just building for the purpose of making sure the building process goes smoothly and testing? Or are these vehicles they will be sending to dealerships?
Exactly. Especially since they’re all Frankenbros

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So thankful I have an OBX. The unpainted grille and flares look horrible against this color, probably more so than any other color. Imagine a MIC top with AMB? Ugh.

Painted flares, gloss black grille and white top will really clean up the look. And if the hood tiedowns are offered in a different color on DIO, i'd probably spring for that. basically any swapping of unpainted plastic to not clash with AMB

Sponsored

gothavit

Outer Banks
First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wheres the pic that's the color I want to see most

FTFRS

Exactly. Especially since they’re all Frankenbros
Crash testing mules I'm sure, they wouldn't be good for much else. Slap them together with whatever parts they have on hand, hence mismatched trims, because they're gonna be smashed up and sent to the compactor anyways.

Even though they've paraded around some vehicles with non-available options (CG/white combo, CO 2-door with 37's and donut doors), those were at least cohesive, and ford can simply answer that those are concepts. Send out something like these that pull from 4 different trims, and it would be a clusterf*** for anybody trying to field questions from the public.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those headlights/turn signals don't match what is on Ford's site for the Big Bend. The grill ports do though.
Sponsored