LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 grand cherokee, 2002 e250 4x4,
I am confused because I have seen some pics where the MIC does not appear the have windows in the back side panels. This pic makes it look like there are windows there. Is that correct? (I realize that the windows are only removable on the modular painted top.)
Don't know 100% but I stuck my head inside one here at the pant and it seems with removing some bolts that the rear quarter panels would come of rather easily on the MIC
I cant unsee a dark shade of purple the more this color surfaces
We ALL see colors "differently" I have seen it in all different angles and lighting I personally don't see purple, But that is my eyes I call it Dark Navy/Midnight BLUE/Twilight Blue/Abyss/Presidential Blue, I think you get the idea.
What were your thoughts seeing it in person? Looks like a cloudy day. I can clearly see it's blue in the pic, although dark and does appear sorta purple. Did it appear more blue than black? Please tell me it didn't look purple at all..
The Color Purple was a movie and does NOT APPEAR in this color
How about the color? Blurple?
Not that either!
But they dont need to extensively test an on road vehicle wearing 35s. They need to test it off road to tweak its quirks and find its weaknesses. The Bronco is going at the heart of Jeep and its off roading finesse. The majority of pre production Broncos are wearing 35s because they are gunning for the off road lifestyle. It requires more testing because there is more that goes into off roading then mall crawling and driving a car with 35 inch tires around town. Thats the point.
CORRECTION the 33s look so good people are mistaking them for the sasquatch I personally am going up to numerous Broncos with a tape measure and then reading the tire info and that IS what i am witnessing
AMB is way too "black " for me.

If I want black, I'll buy the real thing, Shadow Black.
That's my exact thoughts, but it is still a nice color!

Advertisement

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am confused because I have seen some pics where the MIC does not appear the have windows in the back side panels. This pic makes it look like there are windows there. Is that correct? (I realize that the windows are only removable on the modular painted top.)
Don't know 100% but I stuck my head inside one here at the pant and it seems with removing some bolts that the rear quarter panels would come of rather easily on the MIC
I cant unsee a dark shade of purple the more this color surfaces
We ALL see colors "differently" I have seen it in all different angles and lighting I personally don't see purple, But that is my eyes I call it Dark Navy/Midnight BLUE/Twilight Blue/Abyss/Presidential Blue, I think you get the idea.
What were your thoughts seeing it in person? Looks like a cloudy day. I can clearly see it's blue in the pic, although dark and does appear sorta purple. Did it appear more blue than black? Please tell me it didn't look purple at all..
The Color Purple was a movie and does NOT APPEAR in this color
How about the color? Blurple?
Not that either!
But they dont need to extensively test an on road vehicle wearing 35s. They need to test it off road to tweak its quirks and find its weaknesses. The Bronco is going at the heart of Jeep and its off roading finesse. The majority of pre production Broncos are wearing 35s because they are gunning for the off road lifestyle. It requires more testing because there is more that goes into off roading then mall crawling and driving a car with 35 inch tires around town. Thats the point.
CORRECTION the 33s look so good people are mistaking them for the sasquatch I personally am going up to numerous Broncos with a tape measure and then reading the tire info and that IS what i am witnessing
AMB is way too "black " for me.

If I want black, I'll buy the real thing, Shadow Black.
That's my exact thoughts, but it is still a nice color!
they've done plenty of off road testing with these broncos.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ctus-gray-badlands-sasquatch-walkaround.8203/
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...modes-and-trail-turn-assist-pics-videos.8090/
also these broncos need to drive good on road with 35s, so they probably drive while testing to their off road testing locations.
ON ROAD and OFF ROAD testing is done with all size tires and trim models NO ifs ands or buts, Mandated by the government testing agencies, that is why it takes so long for a vehicle to be able to be sold

Cyclekid

Black Diamond
First Name
Chet
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1990 Bronco ii, 2013 Explorer
Four doors just don't look right on the Bronco and don't think I'll ever like it! Waiting for every option and different color roofs to be available along with the ManSquatch before I end up purchasing. Also I'm not loving any body color this first year, I'm sure they'll bring out some better colors later

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Clubs

ON ROAD and OFF ROAD testing is done with all size tires and trim models NO ifs ands or buts, Mandated by the government testing agencies, that is why it takes so long for a vehicle to be able to be sold
ok... so what?

BeachShredder

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG c63s, Toyota Tacoma
Is it me or do these tires look thinner than what we're being shown on the Badlands Overlander?

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to correct the record... the Rubicon Recon came with 255/75r17's (you can blow up this photo and see the tire size) which is the same 32" diameter "made for the Rubicon" BFG Mud T/A that came on every other JK Rubicon. Apparently Jake Holmes should stick to writing about Bentley's and Bimmers! :ROFLMAO:
More 33s going down the road than Sasquatch and they look really good even 32s sit high the way the Bronco is designed

WatchYourSix

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Taurus
Is it me or do these tires look thinner than what we're being shown on the Badlands Overlander?
They look like 35s to me. I think it's just the angle and the fact that it's being taken while moving, from a moving vehicle. I still wanna see a stock BL next to a squatched BL (non CGI) to really see how different the sizing is. I think there are definitely a few Badlands with optional wheels around that people have mistakenly thought were squatched but I also think Ford has exaggerated the size of the 35s in their CGI images.

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I always get the feeling that the Sasquatch with the 35's look less aggressive than non Sasquatch with the 33's. The Sasquatch with the 37's look right, but the 35's with those large flares and bigger gap just doesn't do it for me.
I don't know the exact packaging BUT the fender flares are removeable and can be Interchanged or swapped out very easily! Same as the Grille for custom looks

OP
Jmtoast

Jmtoast

Base
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
I have been saying all along that it was VERY dark! Those gas cans in the Interior Materials video are very accurate! Look away from the computer generated stuff!
as reference here’s my car in different lights both with no filters. The Bronco was very reflective like mine but almost black but it was dusk.

97EDE3D8-960A-49BC-AF2F-46FB8E114896.jpeg

17D62725-1301-486F-B47B-9916DEEBCF5C.jpeg

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I always get the feeling that the Sasquatch with the 35's look less aggressive than non Sasquatch with the 33's. The Sasquatch with the 37's look right, but the 35's with those large flares and bigger gap just doesn't do it for me.
I don't know the exact packaging BUT the fender flares are removeable and can be Interchanged or swapped out very easily! Same as the Grille for custom looks
37s are on the WARTHOG not the sasquatch

Xploit

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Eh it kinda doesn't matter... they got the proportions wrong

I think the Sasquatch ONLY looks good with the 37's. I, myself , prefer a smaller profile. I will probably go 33's NON Sasquatch and an entirely black wheel.

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As early adopters, it seems to me the only combos to avoid are

Which makes sense, I mean if the 35's looked good they would not have had to make the reveal fitted with the 37's. I honestly don't understand their roll out at all. Some people should just be fired or demoted. I mean how the hell do you roll out a vehicle with the majority of its look unattainable for the release???
YOU'RE FIRED there is NO 37s Sasquatch is 35s

Xploit

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
37's and Sasquatch were on the reveal bronco. This warthog has nothing to do with it.

Xploit

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911

YOU'RE FIRED there is NO 37s Sasquatch is 35s
Uhh you sir are "fired" for having a lousy memory at best.

etmccaus86

Big Bend
First Name
Evan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing Cool
Clubs

I'm *really* warming up to this. Talked myself out of it when I saw how dark it can be, but I've since come around.

Friend of mine works in Ford design studios and says he was really surprised by the color once light hits it. Super big flake to it.

(And as a kid who grew up watching monster trucks, can't help but notice it has a slight Bigfoot I aura... :) )

Advertisement

Advertisement