Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 540i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The AMB is so damn good looking. That being said, I currently have a BMW 5 series with what they call Carbon Black Metallic. It looks essentially the same and I really enjoy the color. Sure it shows dirt really easy, but I have zero problem keeping it clean. The problem that I have is that it shows swirls really bad. It's for this reason that I will be going with a lighter color with my Bronco. 2Dr Badlands w/SAS in Iconic Silver. That's my choice.....for today anyway! :cool:

BMW 540i.jpg
Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this was the unphotoshoped picture with the normal MIC top
Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue vs Velocity Blue vs Lightning Blue on Ford trucks BMW 540i
That looks so much better than the white. Sorry to the nostalgia people but I haven't seen a white one look good yet. It belongs on classics just like chrome; not modern.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The AMB is so damn good looking. That being said, I currently have a BMW 5 series with what they call Carbon Black Metallic. It looks essentially the same and I really enjoy the color. Sure it shows dirt really easy, but I have zero problem keeping it clean. The problem that I have is that it shows swirls really bad. It's for this reason that I will be going with a lighter color with my Bronco. 2Dr Badlands w/SAS in Iconic Silver. That's my choice.....for today anyway! :cool:

Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue vs Velocity Blue vs Lightning Blue on Ford trucks BMW 540i
Nice color. I had the same color on my 335 and truly loved it. I had already learned the hard way with my previous car being black. Thus even before I took delivery of the 335 I switched over to synthetic products (like Zanio) and invested in a good orbital buffer (actually bought a porter cable but that is overkill). I kept the car for 8 years and it never developed swirls. It also paid off for when I went to sell it as it only took a couple of days and I got top dollar for the car. You have to put the stuff down every few months and then wash it with their same product but man did I keep the swirls away (along with better car washing practices).

I actually don't use Zaino anymore. Instead I switched over to the professionally installed CQuartz (ceramic nano properties). Yes it's expensive but I have a 5 year old M4 that I haven't had to wax once. So for me it was worth my time. The new BMW is cyber orange (basically a metallic reddish orange) so I wasn't as concerned with swirls. Not sure how much better cQuartz is over using Zaino every few months for black paint. Anyway, yes owning a black car and keeping it nice is definitely a bit more work but I would do it again for the right car.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue vs Velocity Blue vs Lightning Blue on Ford trucks 1606399953677

That looks so much better than the white. Sorry to the nostalgia people but I haven't seen a white one look good yet. It belongs on classics just like chrome; not modern.
Some serious "Hue" adjustments were made to this pic. You can tell by how pinkish the background is. Plus is also underexposed, perhaps also deliberately. I wouldn't trust these as true colors. Anyone can do these slight adjustments with their phones these days. What happened to the good ole days when you actually had to use a computer with photo editing software to do this.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bet the people who like AMB don't live on a limerock road.
Right?! I'm about a quarter mile from the limestone gravel road and have wheat and corn fields in my back fields. My dark vehicles get dirty just sitting in the driveway in the summer when it's dry dusty. AMB would lose it's luster real quick.

john.noonan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am debating between AMB and A51 on my Badlands. It all depends on how the MIC top looks on the color, and in most photos the MIC top looks better with A51.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And who wouldn’t give their left one to see the return of Kona Blue?
I’m gonna have to raise my hand on this one. Hopefully, you can recognize it from the back. ?‍♂

jamira79

Black Diamond
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT, 18 Mercedes GLC, 14 Toyota Scion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a VB GT and it is beautiful!!! Not sure it is right for an SUV though

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's what I keep thinking every time I see a picture of VB on a Mustang or F150.

I'm going to stop by my local Dealer today, since they FINALLY got new vehicles in, and check out Antimatter Blue, Carbonized Gray, Rapid Red and Velocity Blue.

It's mostly cloudy at the moment, so I'll get a good visual on how they look out of direct sunlight.

I'm not the biggest fan of Antimatter Blue, mostly because it reminds me of my current vehicles color, Plasma Blue Pearl, and that it's dark and will show scratches really easy.

It gets really dusty here and walking out to see it like that would annoy me as bad as my current vehicle. The only upside to the dust is I can tell when someone has been prowling it, because of the cupped hand marks on the windows or hand marks on fenders or quarter panels.

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Colors are very pretty all the blues are!

I really wish the bronco had the intergraded fenders like the sport and the f150. Something about it just looks good!

Also isn't the sport an Auto/Stick. My Merc is. Wonder why they didn't put that in the big bronco. Would that have gave everyone what they wanted?

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealer has a F250 in in Antimatter. Unfortunately it's a lousy rainy day here but I'll try to link up some pics I did take.

The AMB has the silver bottom , the other 250 is Agate Black.

Also included:

Blue Jeans F150
Velocity Blue F150
Lightning Blue Ranger

Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue vs Velocity Blue vs Lightning Blue on Ford trucks 1606399953677

AMB vs Blue Jeans

like others AMB is back in the picture after seeing these.. I’m down to VB and AMB. I have seen VB in person and it really is an amazing color. Would love to see AMB at a dealer in person before choosing my final color

jonboy1225

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A long list of 3 pedalers, and various tow trucks
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think blue jeans is what people really want from AMB. #truthhurts
I've always been a huuuge fan of Blue Jeans.

If it weren't for the Bronco, an F150 or Super Duty in Blue Jeans would be my next purchase. I'm not into chrome, and that color works reeeally well with it. Classic truck vibes maybe?

AMB works better on the Bronco than the 2021 trucks in my opinion, idk how I feel about it replacing Blue Jeans on them. It's unique and I think will work nicely with all the black and gray trim accents

scuba

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went and looked at the VB in person and to me it looked cheap. It’s the color you see on low end F150s and focuses with manual windows. I wanted to like it, but in person it looked so bad I scratched it off my list. The CG pics in the B&P make it look a lot better than it does in person.
That was my reaction, even on the CGI B&P, of VB. I like the AMB color (it's practically the same color of my last 2 SUV's, and is a "formal" color for pulling up to a meeting, etc.), but the lack of contrast to the flares, mirrors, "trail sites," and MIC top make the Bronco look a little weird IMO. The light colors really make the whole thing (assuming grey plastic trim) pop (I think CG looks the best, despite me not being able to pull it off myself). I could see where someone with OBX and body-painted Modular top (or white top) would look good in AMB. For me, I'm thinking A51 (badlands) or Oxford white.

PS Thanks OP for the great pictures. Despite the above contrast factor, I'm still tempted by the AMB-- would fit in the best in an office parking lot. (...and if I need to roll over a miata that's in my space)

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've always been a huuuge fan of Blue Jeans.

If it weren't for the Bronco, an F150 or Super Duty in Blue Jeans would be my next purchase. I'm not into chrome, and that color works reeeally well with it. Classic truck vibes maybe?

AMB works better on the Bronco than the 2021 trucks in my opinion, idk how I feel about it replacing Blue Jeans on them. It's unique and I think will work nicely with all the black and gray trim accents
Can you imagine some rims with a milled aluminum finish with Antimatter Blue or Blue Jeans ?!?!???❤
(Which is my first experience with a very similar color, Black Sapphire on an 88 Corvette, was STUNNING!)

Which would work well with VB also.

Just a quick example of milled NOT POLISHED aluminum:
Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue vs Velocity Blue vs Lightning Blue on Ford trucks 1606412593252
Sponsored