rmc523

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The same paint robots will paint both the Ranger and Bronco. I believe these robots are limited to about 11 colors because of space constraints within the robot arm. Look at your arm, this is very similar to a paint robot, with your connected fingertips being the spray nozzle. Now as you twist and turn your individual joints imagine them with 11 or so individual paint supply lines inside, as the paint is pumped from the paint supply kitchen individually all the way to your fingertips. Care is made that with extreme articulation that the paint supply lines don't get pinched stopping the flow of paint. Limited space in the robot arms is why there is limited color choices
My point had nothing to do with limited color options, just reiterating the fact that Ford is phasing out LB across the board.

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 grand cherokee, 2002 e250 4x4,
My point had nothing to do with limited color options, just reiterating the fact that Ford is phasing out LB across the board.
No problem! I'm just trying to paint a better picture showing why there is limited choices

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus SE 5MT, 1994 H-D Heritage Softail Classic
I wouldn't mind seeing Performance Blue offered. It's the color of my current car, and I love it. Blue, with just a touch of purple....

IMG_1045_zps0fnhiobt.jpg

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Not Stone Grey?
vehicle.png
2020 Stone Gray is too gray for me. Not enough brown. 2021 Stone Gray looks more tan and lighter than the 2020 version. I like it on the computer screen. I have not found any to actually look at. I stopped by my nearest dealer yesterday because they had this (see picture). I like it. Still need to find a 2021 Stone Gray F-250 to see in person.
20201127_111917.jpg

Lilj4425

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
:mad: I keep going back and forth between velocity blue, antimatter blue, and carbonized grey. Help me. :(

SevenT

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco Wagon, Sport Edition
Clubs

AMB all day, every day, eight days a week. Nuff said..... ;)

stampede1

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
I bet the people who like AMB don't live on a limerock road.
First, please accept my apology for my my ignorance as either we do not have limerock in cali or it is not found around where I live. So the question is what is limerock and what does it do to dark paint? Thanks!

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Clubs

First, please accept my apology for my my ignorance as either we do not have limerock in cali or it is not found around where I live. So the question is what is limerock and what does it do to dark paint? Thanks!
It’s a white, dusty type of gravel. It’ll make any dark color look dingy quick.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
We have limestone quarries up near Redding in Cali and yes roads made out of it are super dusty in the summer. We use it as a subase underneath most of the freeways and interstates up north. It has great compaction properties went mixed with smaller fines (hence that bad dust). Some people use for drive ways or country roads and dont oil it, works great but creates quite the dust storms, lol.

Big Boss

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Got a chance to see anti matter blue in person today, unfortunately it was closer to twilight so didn't get a good look in the sunlight. It is dark. Even out of all the pictures I have seen seeing it in person it is dark. When its next to black, you can tell it is blue but it is dark. Turned my phone flashlight on and it has a ton of metallic in it, it's going to pop in the sunlight when its clean. I'm going to try to swing by that dealer again Sunday to look at if its nice out

Advertisement

Advertisement