Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So some of you know my story and the reason for getting the Bronco. I just wanted to thank each of you (even the ones that have backed out for one reason or another). This group has given me purpose and afforded me an opportunity to keep my mind busy on other things vs the loss of our son. for those that don't know, we lost our son in June at the age of 21 to depression. He had been waiting for the Bronco to be released for some time since his Great Dane had outgrown his car by the time she was 1. He borrowed our Tahoe constantly to take her to the dog park during covid. He would have loved the Bronco. We didn't know what to do with his car that had just sat our front for a month until Ford opened reservations...then I knew what to do. Put down a reservation in the wee hours of 7/14 a month to the day we lost him.

This Bronco will be a project for Connor and me. Everything I do will be by my hands with him by my side. (I've got a lot of tools to order) I know nothing about off-roading, modifications, etc. I'm slowly learning and you guys have been a tremendous help. This is also as mentioned above, a sacred Bronco. It will be used extensively across the country and passed down to our daughter and beyond. I hope it never leaves the family as it's so representative of Connor. I hope to run into many of you on the trails as the years go by. Thank you for the friendship, the expertise, and of course some of the laughs. Hope every gets the Bronco they want!
Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am going to love following your journey, Razorback. I have my own Conor and it would all be so unfathomable.

There are times that a car is more than an assembly of its parts.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Razorback I am here to thank you for your post, your words .. after reading I am now putting my life in perspective, we all need that once in a while .. I'm so sorry for your loss ... as you say, our words have helped you .. well yours just helped me! So many suffer from depression, and it can not go unnoticed. .. Thank you

Sponsored

Bajabound

Big Bend
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend, 1986 VW Vanagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What a beautiful and touching story. I am so sorry for your loss, and I think that this car will be a connection for a lot of us to those that have passed before us.

My grandfather passed away, worked at ford for nearly 50 years. He always badgered me about getting a ford. It wasn’t until his passing that they released the new bronco. I wish that he could get to work on it with me and take trips to mexico together.

The bronco as troublesome as this journey has been, will be worth the wait.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So very sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my cousin in 2019 who I loved dearly for the same reason at the same age. Absolutely heart breaking. I would encourage you to get involved with a local or national off road club and attend as many meetings/events as you can. I got involved with the Jeep Jamboree events through a friend in 2010 and Have gone on 12 off road events through them. You meet a lot of great people that share the same passion and learn a lot of what you may want to do to your truck and how to do it. The off road community (at least from what I have experienced) is full of really cool down to earth people. Also what's better then getting out into the woods with a Jeep or Bronco! I really hope to find a similar community with my Bronco like the Jeep Jamboree community. I wish you the best of luck and enjoyment with your truck!

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry for your loss and best of luck with the new Bronco ! He will be with you every step of the way.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

:love:I'll dedicate mine to my late father, WWII vet, mechanic, Ford fanatic (got my blue blood from him) and the guy who I got me started on Broncos..he owned two and I owned four, soon to be five:love:

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Razorback, I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your story! You are right about this group. I have learned so much as well. I knew nothing really about off-roading.
The Bronco is the best way to celebrate your son!
Bronco 2021 or whenever it comes!

Sending you my best!

Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Raz4back , you and I are part of the same club (I've been a member since October 2004) and we both would like for no other parent to become a part of. Thoughts and Prayers for you and your family & friends of your son. If you ever want to talk, I will make myself available.

I, basically with the same motivation..... well.... it's why I continue to harp on Options/Features that are currently not available. My son's only car had a manual transmission (I remember teaching him how to drive it and those are cherished memories) and I want my Bronco to have one as well, but the current engine that the MT is matted to is unacceptable (DI only). So, I wait for FoMoCo to offer a MT with an engine that's DI & PI.

@Raz4back , I apologize for diverting some of the attention away from your loss.

For the others here, there are reasons why some will post strong opinion in regards to what they feel FoMoCo "should offer". Please realize that they may have Very Strong Emotional & Sentimental Reasons. Reasons that go far beyond a vehicle's components & capabilities.

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m so sorry for your loss Razorback! But what a great way to keep your son’s legacy, to honor him, and keep him with you. It would me my honor to go wheeling with you if you make it to the Carolinas!
We will. When the Bronco Celebration East occurred this year, we decided the Sunday before to drive it. We just wanted to get out of the house and head out on a road trip to see the Broncos. So many reminders of Connor on the way there and back. We will be there every year now probably. And run the trails in Carolinas.

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Razorback I am here to thank you for your post, your words .. after reading I am now putting my life in perspective, we all need that once in a while .. I'm so sorry for your loss ... as you say, our words have helped you .. well yours just helped me! So many suffer from depression, and it can not go unnoticed. .. Thank you
Thank you. It's a savage illness that people are afraid to talk about. Bless you buddy.